PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick criticism mega-thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheSpun: Everyone’s Saying The Same Thing About Bill Belichick Tonight

Basically that BB is not happy to see Brady and the Bucs win.

You're close. I just felt Brady needed to leave as Bill just couldn't provide what Brady had required. It's as simple as that. I don't believe Bill wanted him to leave. I really have a hard time believing Bill didn't think Brady had much left.
Wanted? Maybe not, but he acted for several years like he didn't care one way or the other. It was all "do your job." Actually since he drafted Jimmy he made it obvious he was ready to move on instead of trying to get every last thing he could get out of the GOAT.

I dont know man. I want to see other fan bases who went to 9 SBs in 20 yrs behave like this then i will believe .
They've always behaved like this. We didn't because of the 9 in 20. Now that that is over, we'll start acting more like them.

I mean in how he handles media attacks. It was relentless back then.
that started to die out when the team started to win. And win they did that year. He only had to handle that for a few weeks. No comparison to today.

UNDISPUTED - Skip calls out Bill Belichick as Tom Brady wins his 7th Super Bowl​

Says this is proof positive that BB made a blunder.

Wanted? Maybe not, but he acted for several years like he didn't care one way or the other. It was all "do your job." Actually since he drafted Jimmy he made it obvious he was ready to move on instead of trying to get every last thing he could get out of the GOAT.
He blew a 3rd rounder on Kevin O'Connell in 2008.

that started to die out when the team started to win. And win they did that year. He only had to handle that for a few weeks. No comparison to today.
It went way past "They hate their coach".

An entire football game broadcast - which happened to be the 31-0 Bills game that made it 100x worse - was dedicated to bashing Belichick. Ex Patriots players were featured throughout the broadcast whining about how Belichick doesn't treat his players right.

Dude was a punching bag. I've never seen anything like that before.

I'm sure Bill can handle the questions that come his way this year.

Anyone who wants the team to fire Bill over emotions seeing Brady win a Super Bowl also wants this team to not be good again for a very long time.

Jay Williams discuss: What would it take for the Patriots to move on from Bill Belichick?​

Jay says BB is on the hot seat and discusses what kind of underperformance would be required to boot BB.

UNDISPUTED | Skip Bayless: "Brady has put Bill Belichick on the hottest seat in NFL history”​

BB on the hot-seat.

Criticising the team building over last 5 yrs maybe warranted. But if bill had called brady and they had worked out a contract for 2 yrs 50 m and brady stayed, would we be happy ? Because he wouldve pouted through a poor season and asked kraft to release him like he asked after the eagles SB. I dont think Bb thought brady was done. He probably thought he cant build a roster around him and his cap and needs to reset at some point. Brady outplayed BB's estimates and thats his greatness. BB ripped the bandaid. Now its on him to comeup with a plan.
Maybe, but the idea from a team building standpoint that you could go into this year with that WR group and this TE group was crazy.

BB is a big boy who gets paid big bucks. He better face some music over this one.
I just want him to show some affection warmth and personality when he's asked about Brady, not go to his robotic boilerplate answer book or get all annoyed about it. The GOAT deserves that much.

I think that will earn respect and go a long way toward cooling down any media hostility.

LOL, talk about a bunch of sports blowhard pundits on NoFap for 20 years, just waiting to blow their loads on BB post Brady.

Let them have their cake.

Maybe, but the idea from a team building standpoint that you could go into this year with that WR group and this TE group was crazy.
But why do you assume it would be the same group? Why couldn't they structure a good 2 year deal together and get some proper weapons. He doesn't need a million of them. It's like some of you assume its THIS or NOTHING. If our GM was unable to figure all of that out it's on him. The QB was not the problem. Maybe call gronk and talk to him like a man and he may of come back. Pull the trigger on a WR. We make the playoffs with NO ONE else and we have a shot at a SB with some added pieces and injury luck. Buffalo can't beat Brady, they just can't.

Sure. I am saying these are same kinda sources who said different things as well. Anyways, whatever makes anyone feel better about how they want to perceive things .
That obviously applies to you as well

Reactions: SVN
I just want him to show some affection warmth and personality when he's asked about Brady, not go to his robotic boilerplate answer book or get all annoyed about it. The GOAT deserves that much.

I think that will earn respect and go a long way toward cooling down any media hostility.
Does it really matter at the end of the day?

Hes been a terse, sullen, grumpy, ornery prick for 20 years here

If he were to evolve into Clarance the Angel who is trying to get his wings that would rock this region to the core.

Does it really matter at the end of the day?

Hes been a terse, sullen, grumpy, ornery prick for 20 years.

If he were to evolve into Clarance the Angel who is trying to get his wings that would rock this region to the core.
In this case, I think he should make a one time exception. He is like that off camera so it shouldn't be that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST