PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick criticism mega-thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lombardi said that they watched Brady in 2013 and thought Brady was in decline. He specifically mentions that Brady wasn't stepping into throws and depth of passes. That is why they drafted Jimmy G. Nevermind the "weapons" on that team. The same happened in 2019. The ironic part is BB & Lombardi don't take into account the weapons on the team but when BB was asked last year about Josh Allen improvement he pointed to his "weapons". It's a circular logic that Brady should elevate mediocre "weapons" if he doesn't then he is in decline. Lombardi literally has said this multiple times about Brady.

That tells you how badly they evaluated Brady in 2013. He went to 5 more Superbowls, and won 4 more. And a NFL MVP. Jeez.

That tells you how badly they evaluated Brady in 2013. He went to 5 more Superbowls, and won 4 more. And a NFL MVP. Jeez.
Lombardi seems to go out of his way to defend Bill's Brady Bungle.

While you're considering booting people out, I believe there's a Belichick mole on the forum. Everyone is a suspect. That @Steve:Section 102 dude is certainly suspicious. We all need to keep our eyes wide open.
I Got It Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

And also how awful the offensive talent was on the 2013. Talk about huge blind spots. It is so interesting to me that the coaching can't wait to take ALL the credit and yet expected Brady to perform at an all-star level with putrid talent around him. If he had one decent outside receiver in either '13 or '15 we beat Denver both times.

This is back in here. Let's try and make it productive and let's keep most of the discussion here unless there is truly a unique topic focusing on a subject that would really warrant its own thread.

Lombardi said that they watched Brady in 2013 and thought Brady was in decline. He specifically mentions that Brady wasn't stepping into throws and depth of passes. That is why they drafted Jimmy G. Nevermind the "weapons" on that team. The same happened in 2019. The ironic part is BB & Lombardi don't take into account the weapons on the team but when BB was asked last year about Josh Allen improvement he pointed to his "weapons". It's a circular logic that Brady should elevate mediocre "weapons" if he doesn't then he is in decline. Lombardi literally has said this multiple times about Brady.
Mike Lombardi is a total moron. He publicly admitted that he thought Brady's career was nearing an end in 2014. Since then Brady's played in 5 more Super Bowls, winning 4, with 3 MVP's. What's worse is it's safe to say Belichick would have agreed with Lombardi's assessment of Brady at the time... it's the reason they drafted Garoppolo, which was the beginning of the souring of Brady's relationship with the Patriots.

Belichick openly questioned Brady's future with the organization after selecting Garoppolo. It's pretty obvious that would have pissed off Brady. Clearly too Belichick stuck with the idea of moving on from Brady even after it should have been obvious to everyone that Brady was not declining. Belichick wouldn't give Brady the longer term contractual commitment he was reasonably looking for and he even started messing around with Brady's access to his personal trainer, etc. (out of what?... some personal animus).

Then there was the odd move of trying to trade Gronk prior to the 2018 season, which was on the heels of torpedoing Brady's historic SB 52 performance with the Butler benching. Belichick was making seemingly arbitrary decisions that were counter to maintaining the success of the team.

What a pile of suck for Belichick. Brady's still throwing TD passes to Gronk and winning a Super Bowl with another franchise. Garoppolo's a Super Bowl choker on the verge of getting cut but even still he would represent an upgrade from the hideous quarterback play of the 2020 Patriots.

Also, when you look over Brady's career stats... his down years (2006, 2013, 2019) were all quite obviously seasons that Belichick gave him absolute trash to work with. You would think a paid NFL analyst could recognize that. So yeah, Lombardi's a goon... as well the company he keeps.

The discussion was on Belichick's poor roster management. And releasing Brady was part of that.

I suppose if we type "Tom brady" in ANY thread, it should get moved to this forum.

Tomorrow there will be a thread about N'keal Harry and how he prefers Cam Newton's support to Brady's criticism. Then move that thread here too. ANY thread that mentions the word Tom Brady, move that here. Seriously?!?!

The thread is critisizing Belichick. It could be BASHING Belichick. It could be SLAMMING Belichick. It could be OVER THE TOP on critisizng Belichick. But BB is still HC and GM and hence it's a relevant thread. Whether the criticism is valid or invalid or over the top, it's still an opinion, and a relevant thread as long as the posters are not being vile to each other. Who cares if someone is bashing BB or bashing Kraft or bashing any player. That's the point of these forums. For everyone to opine.

I am sorry but I disagree with the basis of this action and feel the mods are in the wrong, and have detracted from the quality of these forums by not moderating but in effect censoring the discussion.
Enough, I discussed this in my post last night regarding moderation. You can BASH, SLAM, OVER THE TOP all you want, provided there is substance to make the thread productive and not just glorify your own opinions or beat the same topic to death. And I'm cool with you telling us when we're wrong. But when we admit it and adjust, I need you to adjust with it ;)

This thread has returned to the main forum by popular demand. Now back to our regularly schedule program of bashing Bill.

Lombardi says a lot of silly ****. There was no decline in Brady in 2013 that was not easily attributable to the major problems elsewhere on the roster. There was a perception of decline in the eyes of far too many who should have known better.

That's a huge difference.

Bill shouldn't be above criticism. He's made the expected number of minor mistakes, and he's made some truly boneheaded major mistakes.

That being said, while Bill's mafia is insane in their over-the-top defense of Bill, there's no doubt that Bill + Tom = excellence, and there's no doubt that the Bill part of that equation was not 0. The percentage is arguable (Hence Bill v. Tom), but it's certain that Bill was a huge help on the defensive and coaching side of things, even if you were to lock it down just with that.

I don't see why Bill's mafia has to **** all over the anti-BB threads, just as I don't see why the Laundry honks have to **** all over the Tompa Bay thread, and I think a lot of the problems stem from that. But they are certainly not alone in the hyperbole posting.

In short, this ridiculousness should be toned down just a bit, and the over-the-top stuff on both sides should be channeled better. Let's all find a common ground, and a more appropriate target. After all..............

N'Keal Harry still sucks.

There, let's keep it simple and continue this discussion in this thread.

ok thanks Ian.

Brady will be a 1st ballot unanimous HOFer.
BB will be too but I think odds are better than 50-50 that it will not be unanimous and that's unfortunate.

Just the latest on why Belichick's evaluation of Brady might have been wrong. I love the part of Brady in effect coaching

“We have about eight, nine, maybe 10 players in a group chat. All the skill guys,” McCoy explained. “All the guys that were active to play. And he’s going into details about every player we’re going against. He’s like, a voiceover. It’s a video playing and it’s only him. He’s got the candles lit. He’s like, ‘This DB, he likes to press. He likes to hold. He doesn’t have good speed.’ With everybody.

McCoy seemed quite skeptical of Belichick's Patriots ex-Brady.

“Real talk, I played in Buffalo and I would play this dude every year, twice a year,” McCoy told McAfee. “I’d say, ‘When Brady leaves, the Patriots, they will not be as good.’ Everybody talks about this Belichick — and I respect Belichick, he’s a great coach — but c’mon, let’s stop that. When (Brady) leaves that team, they will not be the same. The guy is different. You feed off of him, his energy.”

“Like, even the coaches have to be on their A-game because the dude demands so much respect,” the running back said. “When he’s there, it’s like the championship habits pick up. The championship DNA picks up. And I think when you have a guy like that, you have a chance to win. And I love Belichick, but they’re not the same team without (No.) 12 over there.”

Brady will be a 1st ballot unanimous HOFer.
BB will be too but I think odds are better than 50-50 that it will not be unanimous and that's unfortunate.
Seriously, the whole unanimous, not unanimous thing for the HOF is silly. Says more about the voters than inductees.

Just the latest on why Belichick's evaluation of Brady might have been wrong. I love the part of Brady in effect coaching

“We have about eight, nine, maybe 10 players in a group chat. All the skill guys,” McCoy explained. “All the guys that were active to play. And he’s going into details about every player we’re going against. He’s like, a voiceover. It’s a video playing and it’s only him. He’s got the candles lit. He’s like, ‘This DB, he likes to press. He likes to hold. He doesn’t have good speed.’ With everybody.

McCoy seemed quite skeptical of Belichick's Patriots ex-Brady.

“Real talk, I played in Buffalo and I would play this dude every year, twice a year,” McCoy told McAfee. “I’d say, ‘When Brady leaves, the Patriots, they will not be as good.’ Everybody talks about this Belichick — and I respect Belichick, he’s a great coach — but c’mon, let’s stop that. When (Brady) leaves that team, they will not be the same. The guy is different. You feed off of him, his energy.”

“Like, even the coaches have to be on their A-game because the dude demands so much respect,” the running back said. “When he’s there, it’s like the championship habits pick up. The championship DNA picks up. And I think when you have a guy like that, you have a chance to win. And I love Belichick, but they’re not the same team without (No.) 12 over there.”
So it’s not just internet posters who think Brady brings something to a team that goes beyond stats.

So it’s not just internet posters who think Brady brings something to a team that goes beyond stats.
The crazy thing is BB might have actually instilled this in Brady. Thats what makes this such a **** sandwhich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST