PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick criticism mega-thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arians seems to be going out of his way to make a point repeatedly.

We all know Brady isn't "perfect", it goes without saying.

But yes, you've proved everything he does is not perfect.
LOL, yet in between all of that (and your thousands of other posts) you paint a picture in which one person (and one person only) should get 100% of the credit for all successes, and any and all shortcomings are rationalized and to be blamed on someone/something else. It's the same thought process religious zealots and political extremists have for their cult leader, while every such movement must also have an opponent to demonize. There is no color gray, just 100% black and white.

You're right. Tom the Father, Tom the Son and Tom the Holy Ghost walks on water. He once fed the entire planet with five loaves of bread and two fish. He has never sinned, nor has any part of his play ever had anything to do with his team not winning a championship that season - nor will it ever be.

I see the light; I am now born again. Please excuse me while I start building my altar.

LOL, yet in between all of that (and your thousands of other posts) you paint a picture in which one person (and one person only) should get 100% of the credit for all successes, and any and all shortcomings are rationalized and to be blamed on someone/something else. It's the same thought process religious zealots and political extremists have for their cult leader, while every such movement must also have an opponent to demonize. There is no color gray, just 100% black and white.

You're right. Tom the Father, Tom the Son and Tom the Holy Ghost walks on water. He once fed the entire planet with five loaves of bread and two fish. He has never sinned, nor has any part of his play ever had anything to do with his team not winning a championship that season - nor will it ever be.

I see the light; I am now born again. Please excuse me while I start building my altar.
I agree that it's impossible for any one person to take credit for the success of a team sport like football that actually has 3 separate groups (O, D, ST). However, we've seen individuals take over games (LT, Von Miller, Brady) aside from the fact 52 other players are on the team.

In the case of Brady, aside from what he does on the field, it's about leadership. It isn’t a coincidence that every Bucs player interviewed before and after the SB attributes the teams success to Brady. I'm talking about defensive players, offensive players, coaches, etc. Brady got everyone to believe in a winning attitude and work ethic. The Bucs didn't magically go from worse in the league in penalties to like 5th best because Arians all of a sudden willed it on them. It was the Brady effect. Brady always attributes success to the work of the defense, his OL, etc. He's the ultimate "team first" guy. I was surprised to see how all the young defensive players loved him, showed their respect.

Anyway, as Pats fans we've been seeing this forever but it was hidden by the aura of Bill the goat coach. After what just happened in his 1st year in Tampa (yes the team had a lot of talent, it wasn't magic), and the fact BA isn't BB, it's clear to any non-hater (not you) that Brady has that "it" that makes him special.

Drunk Tom Brady "You hear that Old Man Belichick, you're not my dad anymore."

God that was awful. I can't believe that a couple of quality posters thought it was funny. What was so funny about it?

Arians seems to be going out of his way to make a point repeatedly.

Arians really doesn't know WTF he's talking about. Took him forever to figure out it might be good to put someone in motion so you can give Brady the advantage of reading a defense. I'm not going to blame Leftwich because all of Arians' former players say he is very stubborn and always wants it done his way.

I still have very little faith in Arians. As for Bowles, I liked him with the Jets and would not have fired him. He's good.

Belichick, by the way, doesn't care about style or system. He cares about winning. Used Brady's skills to his advantage for years. Flipped the switch to Newton and RPO offense overnight. Not stubborn at all. Hell, BB will change styles in game. 3-4. 4-3. Attack. Zone. Whatever. What's going to help him win?

OK. We'll just ignore the fact that his stats were literally on a four year decline from 2016-2019.

The decline was obviously slower between 16-18 than it was between 18-19 but a decline is a decline. When you add in his age, it's like owning a 2005 Honda Civic with 250k miles and pretending it's going to last forever even though you've noticed a decline in performance the last 50k miles or so.

Brady fans will cry about this forever. That's expected because it's just the nature of the Boston fanbase (people STILL cry over Nomar). But anyone who thinks it was foolish for Belichick to start planning ahead as his qb is hitting 40 is either dumb or related to Brady.

Remember when everyone understood that Elway was old and tired when he hung them up? He was only 38. Manning was 38 before falling off a cliff. Favre was 38 before embarrassing himself in NY. Marino was 38. Kelly was 36. Montana was 34 before beginning to fall apart.

I will say this until I die. If Belichick signed a 39-40 year old Brady to some crazy 4-5 year contract that took up 10-15% of the cap, the SAME people currently crying would want BB's head unless Brady was perfect the entire contract.

Too many here listen to garbage sports radio where most are extremely biased because they hate Belichick. He's too mean and difficult toward reporters so they trash him and that rubs off on fans.
How'd the Pats do in 2016-2019. Oh yeah, 4 playoff appearances, 3 AFC titles and 2 SB wins. Every QB should have such a "decline."

Even in 2019, when the team had no TEs, no WR's, most of the OL and both FB's injured, they still got to 12-4, which could have been 13-3 and HFA if not for a blatant bad call by a Raven's fan posing as an impartial official.

Anyone who'd dare refer to Brady as a 2005 Honda Civic in any way needs to take a step back as a fan of the Patriots. It's a sick joke on a guy who gave us 20 years of GOATdom. It's also comical seeing someone use all those failed QBs as an example of Brady being too old when he's won 3 or 4 SBs beyond those ages.

And finally, the only crying I see right now is you whining about Pats fans who don't agree with your take on things. A large majority of Pats fans support and appreciate both Brady and Belichick, but some us wanted to see Brady finish his career here.

Stick to Balcoball.

Screenshots_2021-02-16-11-06-06.png

Who is "team Bill"? Why do you assume the graphics was posted in an effort to "take shine off Brady's 7 rings"?

Talk about a persecution complex.
Team Bill is the faction on this board who seems to go out of their way to discredit Brady for any of the 7 rings he has and tries to manipulate things so that Bill is always in the right. We all know why that stupid picture was posted. By that stupid logic Josh McDaniels, Matt Patricia, and Charlie Weis are better coaches than Andy Reid, Bill Cower, and Jimmy Johnson.

Last edited:
Fanboys here are overreacting to what is mischaracterized as an overreaction to Bill's failures as GM.

The failures are real and blatant and consequential. Bill misjudged - badly - Tom's remaining skills, hopelessly botched the succession plan, and has left us with a very weak roster by his persistent failure over time to draft or trade for worthwhile skill players.

The free pass for having drafted Tom at 199 is fully spent and expired.

Do you really want a GM who has "managed" his way from Tom Brady as qb to a possible return of that worthless stumblebum, Cam? I do not. If fixing the GM problem costs us a coach, so be it.

I love the irony of all the best threads ending up in the Tom Brady forum.

Yeah, I didn't paint a picture of Brady deserving credit for all of the successes and no blame for any of the failures. But copout by suggesting I did.

Brady missed Welker over the middle on the safety play in SB 46, it hurt the team. There was no one else open on the play, except for Welker, but apparently Brady didn't see him. It's just a fact that the Patriots defense was a mess on the ensuing drive. They forced a turnover but had it nullified with a 12-men on the field penalty... that's on the head coach. They were late getting defenders on the field on the TD pass... that's on the head coach. What am I saying here that you don't agree with?

Brady was not the reason why they lost SB 46. Re-watch the game, he actually played well. You're saying Brady had a bunch of incompletions, so yes, he didn't complete every throw. You leave out the 3 drops, one of which probably cost them the game. You leave out the spike and the hail mary. He completed 66% of his passes, which is a good percentage especially when you factor in the drops, etc. They had the lead late in the game and the defense gave up it up... that's a fact.

You said Brady had 29 incompletions in SB 42... wrong. Did you watch the game? NYG's DL dominated the Patriots OL which crippled the offense. Brady didn't have a good game but he didn't make any critical mistakes. He was able to drive the offense down the field for the lead late in the 4th quarter. The defense had played well enough to that point but they failed on the most critical drive of the game. They were not ready for the TD play and the sideline should have called a timeout... Rodney Harrison said he knew they were screwed pre-snap with Hobbs in isolation on Burress. The head coach didn't do his job.

We're not putting SB 52 on Brady, correct? 505, 3 TD's, 0 INT's, 115.4 QBR... with no Edelman and Cooks departing early with a concussion. Yes, he was late on the strip sack getting the ball out to White in the flat but they never should have been in that position. 613 yards of offense and 33 points should be enough to win any Super Bowl. Belichick handcuffed the defense with the Butler benching. And there are one of two conclusions to make with Butler remaining on the sideline for the entire game while the replacements are getting repeatedly embarrassed: 1) Belichick made an stunningly awful coaching decision or 2) his ego won't allow him to change course... either way he trashed an entire season with one decision.

Yeah, I didn't paint a picture of Brady deserving credit for all of the successes and no blame for any of the failures. But copout by suggesting I did.
Please let the world know what you have ever said negative about Brady, or positive about anyone else associated with the Patriots.

Again, your world is black and white with no gray. I am left to speculate that you must have seen BB walk out of your mom's bedroom one day, then pissing in your Cheerios on his way out the door.

The fact that you think all the "best threads" are in the Tom Brady Forum speaks volumes. Threads that derail away from the original subject into discussion about TB12 will end up here, as do threads that more appropriately belong in the Pub Forum or some other forum.

It's no wonder that you are on your third screen name here.

Ehhhh...here’s the problem as I see it.

• For years, about 80% of people saw the Patriots Dynasty as a 50/50 venture between Brady and Belichick. To simplify it, when asked if they could have either one of them for a 10 year stretch, most people would say “That’s a really tough call” even though they might say one has a slight edge over the other.
  • About 10% of the people would say “it is really obvious and a stupid question: it’s Belichick.”
  • And 10% of the people would day “It is really obvious and a stupid question: it’s Brady.”
Let’s keep in kind that, even though 80% of people would say their overall powers and ability to drive a dynasty is very close, that doesn’t mean those people are right, either.

I’ve personally always been in the 10% pro-Brady camp, but I’ve also greatly appreciated Bill. There’s no question Bill is an all-time great.

To me, it’s always been pretty simple: Tony Dungy - Jim Caldwell - John Fox - Gary Kubiak. Look at how the perception of coaches from ”not good enough to win it all” changes so drastically with incredible QB play like you get from Brady. Andy Reid, Bruce Arians, Pete Carroll, Mike McCarthy. I could also make a long list of offensive coordinators who are geniuses with an elite QB, frustratingly inconsistent with an average QB, and a dunce with a garbage QB. The idea of a great coach “making an average QB great” is more of a fluke and maybe he wasn’t average after all. Sure, QBs can get hot (Foles, Flacco, Eli) but it isn’t sustainable. In the end, the results closely resemble the QB play.

Right now I’m not so angry at Bill for letting go of Brady as I am annoyed at people who have ignored obvious evidence for years and who have accepted the 50/50 Brady/Belichick question from the same media they’re now decrying. Sure, the media is overreacting, but some kind of correction was needed.

Please let the world know what you have ever said negative about Brady
Sure, I'll provide the quotes below since you're apparently too lazy to read my posts...

Brady had a window to get it to Welker over the middle on the play but apparently didn't see him. Bad play

Brady missed Welker over the middle on the safety play in SB 46, it hurt the team.

Of all the things you're knocking Brady for in this game, I'll give him heat for safety play, but for something you didn't mention, which was missing Welker over the middle.

Brady wasn't good in the AFCCG

Brady didn't have a good game

Brady wasn't good in this game

Yes, he was late on the strip sack getting the ball out to White in the flat

Brady, Belichick, the entire team... not good by the end of the season.
Is that good enough for you? Of course not and even if it was you wouldn't acknowledge it.

Again, your world is black and white with no gray. I am left to speculate that you must have seen BB walk out of your mom's bedroom one day, then pissing in your Cheerios on his way out the door.
No, that actually didn't happen. And no, my world isn't black and white. In fact you're the one with the black and white arguments.

I say Brady was the most important person of the Patriots dynasty and you say I'm giving Brady 100% of the credit and everyone else 0%.

I say Brady was more important to the Patriots dynasty than Belichick and you say I hate Bill because he porked a family member and wiped his ass with my toast.

I say the Patriots didn't lose a game due to some fabricated number of incompletions by Brady and you say I'm akin to a religious zealot.

You're being ridiculous. You gave examples. I countered. You quit.

The fact that you think all the "best threads" are in the Tom Brady Forum speaks volumes. Threads that derail away from the original subject into discussion about TB12 will end up here, as do threads that more appropriately belong in the Pub Forum or some other forum.
You keep dumping heavily trafficked threads in the Brady forum. And what the hell do you think people are going to talk about when Brady and Belichick split after 20 years and one succeeds at the highest level while the other fails?

It's no wonder that you are on your third screen name here.
Can you explain this comment? Because I don't even know what you mean.

Sure, I'll provide the quotes below since you're apparently too lazy to read my posts...

Is that good enough for you? Of course not and even if it was you wouldn't acknowledge it.

No, that actually didn't happen. And no, my world isn't black and white. In fact you're the one with the black and white arguments.

I say Brady was the most important person of the Patriots dynasty and you say I'm giving Brady 100% of the credit and everyone else 0%.

I say Brady was more important to the Patriots dynasty than Belichick and you say I hate Bill because he porked a family member and wiped his ass with my toast.

I say the Patriots didn't lose a game due to some fabricated number of incompletions by Brady and you say I'm akin to a religious zealot.

You're being ridiculous. You gave examples. I countered. You quit.

You keep dumping heavily trafficked threads in the Brady forum. And what the hell do you think people are going to talk about when Brady and Belichick split after 20 years and one succeeds at the highest level while the other fails?

Can you explain this comment? Because I don't even know what you mean.

FYI , in the eyes of our Lord, Tom Brady, Crack Spanking is a sin.

Question:. When would you have fired BB to save our Lord Savior, Tom Brady, from a career ending crucifixion?

2008 - A year after almost completing a perfect season? Because that almost happens every year with mediocre coaches and GMs.

2011? Because that helmet catch should have been prevented. And with a better coach/GM those holds would've been called.

2019? Because the best thing to do after winning a super bowl the year before, in which the defense held the number one offense to 3 points, is to fire a HC/GM after he refused to sign a QB who has literally beaten all odds during a cap strapped season.

You've already said that you would have fired BB for not playing Butler but when did you really want him gone?

Was BB ever a contributor to Brady's career and rise to greatness? I say he was. What say you?

Spank away.

Why is every Mod on this forum on Team Bill. Just a curiosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
Back