PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

At least one NFL team accused of illegally asking sexual orientation questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think any current Pats players are gay? Chances are there have been a few down through the years.

Yep. Considering 1 out every 10 or so men are gay. Percentages say yes there is has been

Do you think any current Pats players are gay? Chances are there have been a few down through the years.

I read that book by Dave Meggyesy a couple of decades ago...he quit the NFL at the height of his career and wrote a book exposing the NFL's ugly warts....he made the statement that the NFL was at least 10% gay and that the owners used threats and coercion to keep it under wraps.

It's 2013 and STILL not one openly gay player in any of the four major sports. Once their playing days are done, however, more and more former players are coming out of the closet..

Number of gay players in the NFL continues to increase – add Wade Davis to the list | NFL | Tennessee Titans

I read that book by Dave Meggyesy a couple of decades ago...he quit the NFL at the height of his career and wrote a book exposing the NFL's ugly warts....he made the statement that the NFL was at least 10% gay and that the owners used threats and coercion to keep it under wraps.[/url]

That's so misleading. You make it sound like 10 percent of NFL players started out gay.

The problem is that it just takes one, and then he turns the others gay. That's exactly the problem. That's why a good GM must ask the question. Plus, if you ask the question, you might get an answer that helps you figure out the player's religion -- another question the silly PC police don't want you to ask.

And it's important to know a player's religion if you're a GM so you can build a team that God will make win. (Which God is the hard part.)

How does one play like a gay player?

How does one play like a gay player?

Well for one example,you see a center refuse to snap the ball back to the QB behind him and getting multiple 5 yard delay of game penalties because he is enjoying the positioning too much :eek:

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest. For some reason or another heterosexual men think all homosexual men want to either sleep with or convert them. In my conversations with homosexual men and women, nothing could be further from the truth. There's always the outliers, but the large majority are attracted to who they are attracted to (much like heterosexual people - some guys prefer petite others cuddly women).

Sexuality is only an issue to the people who make it an issue. I prefer to see the person not the social labels.

That's so misleading. You make it sound like 10 percent of NFL players started out gay.

The problem is that it just takes one, and then he turns the others gay. That's exactly the problem. That's why a good GM must ask the question. Plus, if you ask the question, you might get an answer that helps you figure out the player's religion -- another question the silly PC police don't want you to ask.

And it's important to know a player's religion if you're a GM so you can build a team that God will make win. (Which God is the hard part.)

what is misleading is YOU attributing what Dave Meggyesy stated in HIS book to me...I just read the book he wrote and relayed what he stated. I didn't do anything, say anything, try to say anything, think anything or endorse anything that YOU are saying I did. Must be a bumper crop of peyote this year out there in Arizona cuz you be trippin'.

The problem is that it just takes one, and then he turns the others gay.

WHat.gif

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest. For some reason or another heterosexual men think all homosexual men want to either sleep with or convert them. In my conversations with homosexual men and women, nothing could be further from the truth. There's always the outliers, but the large majority are attracted to who they are attracted to (much like heterosexual people - some guys prefer petite others cuddly women).

Sexuality is only an issue to the people who make it an issue. I prefer to see the person not the social labels.

I have two close friends , a couple, who are openly lesbian. In case of emergency, they have the keys to my house and my written permission to be on my property, in my residence. That is a privilege my ex-wife does NOT have nor will she ever.

I've been around long enough to make one distinction when it comes to other people...there are two kinds....there's good people...and there's azzoles. I try to minimize the azzoles in my life in order to maximize my enjoyment. Otherwise, as long as you're not Sister Mary Murder and threatening to pour gasoline all over me and light a match, I say live and let live.

what is misleading is YOU attributing what Dave Meggyesy stated in HIS book to me...I just read the book he wrote and relayed what he stated. I didn't do anything, say anything, try to say anything, think anything or endorse anything that YOU are saying I did. Must be a bumper crop of peyote this year out there in Arizona cuz you be trippin'.

More PC nonsense. Either that or your sarcasm meter is broken. I guess I committed a should-have-used-emoticon foul.

But to get serious for a moment, it occurs to me that the problem I identified is not that significant. What a smart GM will do to kill two birds with one stone, is simply ask a player to take off his pants. If he takes them off too readily or quickly or leaves them off too long, you have your answer to the gay question. And, while they are off, you may get lucky and get an answer to the religion question.

So, this is much to do about nothing. As far as I know, it's not illegal to ask a player to take his pants off. So, problem solved. Locker room stays straight, God stays happy, and our beautiful game is not sullied by gay football. (Insert necessary emoticon here.)

More PC nonsense. Either that or your sarcasm meter is broken. I guess I committed a should-have-used-emoticon foul.

But to get serious for a moment, it occurs to me that the problem I identified is not that significant. What a smart GM will do to kill two birds with one stone, is simply ask a player to take off his pants. If he takes them off too readily or quickly or leaves them off too long, you have your answer to the gay question. And, while they are off, you may get lucky and get an answer to the religion question.

So, this is much to do about nothing. As far as I know, it's not illegal to ask a player to take his pants off. So, problem solved. Locker room stays straight, God stays happy, and our beautiful game is not sullied by gay football. (Insert necessary emoticon here.)

the_dark_legacy_of_carlos_castaneda.jpg

Carlos Castaneda lives!!!

Oh noes, Joker, they got to you too? It's like invasion of the body snatchers. What, did you use the same water fountain as a gay? That's all it takes you know. Don't worry, there are places in Alabama where they can electocute the gay out of you. PM me and I will give you a phone number. Very expensive and very painful, but can you put a price on ungayness?

Actually, I had to wiki Carlos Casteneda. Nice reference.

For everyone else, I AM JOKING. But with purpose -- to respond to those who think it is anything other than ridiculous for a GM to ask a player if he is gay or likes girls. I do not think you can be turned gay. I do not think you can be electrocuted straight. I don't give a rat's behind who football players are sleeping with. Well, that's not true. If they are Patriots and sleeping with someone so weathly that it is easier to sign a deal that gives us $15 million in cap space, then I care. If Tom Brady came out of the closet tomorrow, I wouldn't care in the slightest, other than being sad he then would have something in common with Mark Sanchez. (Another joke, ok. If Mark Sanchez were really gay, I probably would like him more. Just trying to have fun with a thread that gets people's dander up.)

Man, how long to training camp?

I am amazed that some took this post seriously, rather than as sarcasm.

That's a good way to get shredded. To the bone. God forbid (no pun intended) one of our cats tangled with a skunk... I think I'd have to put on body armor before I washed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call