PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

At least one NFL team accused of illegally asking sexual orientation questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I make a mistake? If so - sorry. I thought the rest of that post was quotes/sources/articles around the net. About jumping to a conclusion, I was thinking out loud and trying to understand why you felt like the thread shouldn't have been made and therefore the discussion shouldn't take place here.

As mentioned earlier, I probably should have explained initially why I felt this (now voluminous) thread was premature. I subsequently explained myself by citing passages from sources/articles to illustrate my point, which I thought was pretty clear.

Homosexuality DOES make others uncomfortable dont be silly.

Does two girls kissing each other make you uncomfortable?

You think people choose to be made uncomfortable by something?

Of course. What a dumb question. It's learned behavior. It is not a gag reflex. If you had grown up with it and seen it your whole life, you would not be repulsed.

If I see something gross my body has an automatic aversion to it. I dont hate gay people but f I see two guys kissing it makes me wanna vomit same as if I got a good whiff of road kill.

There is no natural human reaction or innate response to visual "grossness." It is learned behavior that results from sociological factors, not innate behaviors. If you put a newborn baby next to a flower and ****roach, it would respond the same to each. (Making them touch or taste them, though, would be different -- there is considerable innate evolutionary responses to tactile and taste input.) Some think there may be innate attractions that are evolutionary designed to stimulate procreation, which are then reinforced by sociological factors. But these are theories and the science isn't great. For example, they cannot tell us why, for example, U.S. men have a higher reported excitement response to two females kissing, but lower numbers for two men kissing or a man kissing a woman (which can draw equally low excitement levels). The numbers are different, however, in France. As I said, sociological.

So go on and accuse me of being a homophobe it's all you have to go on seeing the facts and logic have abandoned you.

There is not enough in your post to say one way or the other whether you are a homophobe. I would say it is more likely that you are than the average U.S. citizen. Also noteworthy is the strident nature of your response. Who are you yelling at? Not as pathological as some but clearly, but clearly there is something about this issue that makes you uncomfortable to the point where you feel the need to rant on a message board. But I'm not a psychologist. You might want to ask one. They do good work and can greatly improve the quality of one's life. I would, though, say you are clearly someone who has little problem making up pseudo-scientific facts to justify your own emotions and feelings without the least bit of support or understanding of what you're talking about.

Edit: Cool -- the word roach with the four letters before it that are the same as a male rooster got edited! Now, that's some actual PC! The irony.

As mentioned earlier, I probably should have explained initially why I felt this (now voluminous) thread was premature. I subsequently explained myself by citing passages from sources/articles to illustrate my point, which I thought was pretty clear.
I completely believe that you thought your explanation and citing of passages was clear. :)

I thought I responded to your post in a manner of curiosity and trying to understand where you were coming from, but it seems like it wasn't interpreted as such by you. No problem. Your choice to characterize my post or thoughts as "odd," "strange" and "eager" while not asking me for clarification communicates (to me) an eagerness to jump to conclusions on your part. Nothing wrong with that, of course - just not the sort of dialogue I want to participate in here.

See you around the forum. :eat2:

I completely believe that you thought your explanation and citing of passages was clear. :)

I thought I responded to your post in a manner of curiosity and trying to understand where you were coming from, but it seems like it wasn't interpreted as such by you. Your choice to use "odd," "strange" and "eager" to characterize my initial post while not asking me for clarification communicates (to me) an eagerness to jump to conclusions on your part. Nothing wrong with that, of course - just not the sort of dialogue I want to participate in here.

See you around the forum. :eat2:

This is what you were driving at in calling my initial post into question (quoting you directly):

Or, are you trying to say something along the lines of, "I find this a non-issue, don't like this topic and/or I don't want to see it discussed?"

I explained why this wasn't the case. Yet, you pulled portions of that explanation -- again, OUT OF CONTEXT -- in a truly ODD attempt to again buttress this STRANGELY EAGER conclusion of yours that I don't like the topic or don't want to see it discussed. Yes, fella, this is damn weird of you.

Yet, you pulled portions of that explanation -- again, OUT OF CONTEXT -- in a truly ODD attempt to again buttress this STRANGELY EAGER conclusion of yours that I don't like the topic or don't want to see it discussed. Yes, fella, this is damn weird of you.

yeah...that's copyright infringement!!! You'll be hearing from my lawyers ,B.Z.

Yet, you pulled portions of that explanation -- again, OUT OF CONTEXT -- in a truly ODD attempt to again buttress this STRANGELY EAGER conclusion of yours that I don't like the topic or don't want to see it discussed. Yes, fella, this is damn weird of you.

yeah...that's copyright infringement!!! You'll be hearing from my lawyers ,B.Z.

Maybe the lesson from this is don't argue with people who live in their mom's basement.

I love controversies like these, because they really bring out peoples' true, intolerant colors.

Carry on. :bricks:

you know....you struggle to claw and scratch your way to the top of Weirdo Mountain...and you get there only to find out these posers want your crown...well...I got news for you new weirdos...there's only room for one Boss Of All Blathers....

2750873334_a23c80c23c.jpg

This is what you were driving at in calling my initial post into question (quoting you directly):

Or, are you trying to say something along the lines of, "I find this a non-issue, don't like this topic and/or I don't want to see it discussed?"

I explained why this wasn't the case. Yet, you pulled portions of that explanation -- again, OUT OF CONTEXT -- in a truly ODD attempt to again buttress this STRANGELY EAGER conclusion of yours that I don't like the topic or don't want to see it discussed. Yes, fella, this is damn weird of you.
So, yea...I typed a response, but quickly realized this internet meme responds more poignantly than anything I could have posted on my own.

logo-serious-internet-business-1360285270.jpg

Whenever I want to undermine the sense of unity being a Patriots fan gives me, I open this thread.

I've been traveling all day and a bit tired. But with all the posts made on the thread I find it remarkable that no one found it ironic that the player who is making the accusation is a TE.

I'm very disappointed in you guys.

Let's hope that he doesn't become a Wide Receiver.

Edit: sorry, PATRIOTSFANINPA beat me to it.

Originally Posted by PATSNUTme View Post
I've been traveling all day and a bit tired. But with all the posts made on the thread I find it remarkable that no one found it ironic that the player who is making the accusation is a TE.

uh...FORMER tight end...now playing at wide receiver....

I love controversies like these, because they really bring out peoples' true, intolerant colors.

Carry on. :bricks:

That's funny, considering the American Left is the most intolerant of them all.

Originally Posted by PATSNUTme View Post

uh...FORMER tight end...now playing at wide receiver....

Do you think any current Pats players are gay? Chances are there have been a few down through the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back