Not open for further replies.
Watt
Clowney
Mercilus
Hopkins
Mathieu
Watson
McKinney

Anyone dismissing the potential of that group is being silly. The question, imo, as TommyD alluded to, is whether or not what's behind that group is going to be good enough for the Texans to beat the 3 teams (Patriots, Steelers, Jaguars) that should clearly start out the season ranked ahead of them in the AFC.

PotentiaL yup...Mercilus has shown up that's for sure. Clowney's been so-so against them, J.J What?

Last year Brady put up 400 yards vs them with Gronk and Hogan doing quite a bit of it, and White not really involved. They have the tools they need to execute

My big fear is that this means, to pick up the slack, Gronk will be absorbing altogether too many targets (hence hits) for so early in the season.

My big fear is that this means, to pick up the slack, Gronk will be absorbing altogether too many targets (hence hits) for so early in the season.
I think the running backs will be heavily involved. Looking for White, Burkhead, and Michel to have a big game.

I think the running backs will be heavily involved. Looking for White, Burkhead, and Michel to have a big game.

Yeah, Michel oughta be fully drained by now. Sorry, but the Nervous Nelly part of my brain whispers "Easley" and "Mitchell" every time I see Michel's name.

That DL vs the Pats’ unproven OL is a bit scary. Not to mention our unproven-to-be-not-awful WR group. I’m expecting about 60 screen passes.

That DL vs the Pats’ unproven OL is a bit scary. Not to mention our unproven-to-be-not-awful WR group. I’m expecting about 60 screen passes.
OL has 1 change from #1 yardage, #2 scoring Sb offense of last year. Hard to call it unproven.

Yeah, Michel oughta be fully drained by now. Sorry, but the Nervous Nelly part of my brain whispers "Easley" and "Mitchell" every time I see Michel's name.
Wish I could disagree

OL has 1 change from #1 yardage, #2 scoring Sb offense of last year. Hard to call it unproven.
That’s actually reassuring.

I guess I’m focusing on LT and the Cannon injury situation.

Not particularly good. I call him Tony Corrupte.

I feel like we've been on the wrong end of some games he has refereed. Panthers maybe?

No Pats fan should sh!t on Corrente after last year (at least until he does something with sh!tting on). He was the ref for the Seferian-Jenkins fumble/touchback and the Jesse James no-catch

Panthers maybe?
Panthers last year was Boger, he's absolute sh!t and clearly a sh!tdell fixer

Last edited:
No Pats fan should sh!t on Corrente after last year (at least until he does something with sh!tting on). He was the ref for the Seferian-Jenkins fumble/touchback and the Jesse James no-catch

Panthers last year was Boger, he's absolute sh!t and clearly a sh!tdell fixer
I knew you would remember which games Corrente has reffed. Thanks for your memory. And I was thinking of Clete Blakeman (with the Panthers) and I know your opinion of him. Lol

jeff howe says Michel is likely out this weekeend

Unless Watson is limping during warm ups, how couldn’t he?

Limping is taking it too far IMO. If Watson’s limited in his ability to run, especially after his first game back from an ACL tear, as I suspect he will be, then you have to be a bit more aggressive. I’d play this game differently than I would in January, where he he’ll likely be a better runner.

Limping is taking it too far IMO. If Watson’s limited in his ability to run, especially after his first game back from an ACL tear, as I suspect he will be, then you have to be a bit more aggressive. I’d play this game differently than I would in January, where he he’ll likely be a better runner.
I understand where you’re coming from, but we’ve seen contain schemes used for far less. Also, I’m not sure if I’m buying the idea that he won’t be full go just because it’s technically his first game back. He’ll likely still have plenty of opportunities to scramble and extend plays.

So who's the target on 3d and long?

The same players as on every other down - or maybe you could suggest they use one of your old stand bys - pitchers and catchers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes