PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are we on to Houston yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly if Deshaun plays anything like he did last year this is the toughest game on our schedule. Pittsburgh, GB, Jacksonville don't have the potential to be as complete a team as I think Houston could be.

Deshaun is the real ****ing deal. I think we win but we'll have to limit them to FGs and get good mileage out of our running game.

Honestly if Deshaun plays anything like he did last year this is the toughest game on our schedule. Pittsburgh, GB, Jacksonville don't have the potential to be as complete a team as I think Houston could be.

Deshaun is the real ****ing deal. I think we win but we'll have to limit them to FGs and get good mileage out of our running game.

He is coming back from a ACL. Who knows how efficient he will be running and how much BoB will even expose him to further hits. If you limit this dimension of his game a lot becomes easier to handle.

Someone who isn't busy getting laid all the time like me refresh my memory: Was the Houston game last year during Gilmore's bad time?
Yes, still relatively early in the season before the defense “gelled” but Gilmore actually played pretty well.

I wouldn't expect a lot from Deshaun Week 1. It's his first game back from a torn ACL.

Mobile QB and a stout D. Not loving the Pats chances in this one, especially without Edelman. They'll need big plays from ST and a couple takeaways to win. Watson will likely convert multiple 3rd and longs against the Pats D and the Pats will struggle to move the ball consistently.

One of the worst possible matchups for week 1 before the D gels and before the offense can find an identity.

So while they have one example of a GDT poster on there, overall they are a very confident bunch as they should be before a down has been played in a new season.

As much as people talk about injury prone players key to the Pats success, the Texans have as much or more in that same camp.

Additionally, does their defense, also predicated on complex schemes and high communication have the same "vanilla" common to early Patriots contests? In that vein I would give them an advantage simply on "one on one" matchups, but it should be considered in any prediction.

I anticipate a close contest...these are becoming like AFC East contests given how much the teams have played each other recently. I also expect shocking outcomes from among the offense...from Patterson, to Hill to even Dorsett one of those three likely has a good game (even a great game).

Mobile QB and a stout D. Not loving the Pats chances in this one, especially without Edelman. They'll need big plays from ST and a couple takeaways to win. Watson will likely convert multiple 3rd and longs against the Pats D and the Pats will struggle to move the ball consistently.

One of the worst possible matchups for week 1 before the D gels and before the offense can find an identity.

I'm going to have to get a prescription for Prozac just to read your posts in the future. :D

Holy shyt man.

I can't wait until I see your stuff in the GDT.

I guess their offense and defense don't need any gelling.

Edit to add this: read that as though we are sitting at a bar having a few beers shooting the shyt.

Last edited:

Patriots have one thing on Houston that they didn't have a year ago.

Tape.

JJ Watt is never a factor against the Patriots, and their secondary is still pretty soft. I think it's close, but Houston struggles to score.

Like sbb said, "Gilmore shuts down Hopkins, Patriots win", because there's literally no other way for the Texans to win.

I think the 7 point spread is a bit much. I figured it would be about 2 points. Houston has all three of its big star front 7 guys healthy plus Watson back in control and with several dependable receivers . I expect Brady to get a lot of pressure. And I would take BB's reserved, complimentary approach over the super certain attitude in this one.

Ankle -biters.

HOU are the NEPs *****es
Until the Texans do it, I won’t believe it. Is the last time they won the game Welker got hurt? They find ways to lose vs the Pats.

He is coming back from a ACL. Who knows how efficient he will be running and how much BoB will even expose him to further hits. If you limit this dimension of his game a lot becomes easier to handle.
He’s not even wearing a knee brace so I’m not sure how much we can count on him being a pocket passer. I’m sure BB won’t. We will be seeing a ton of contain and zone in the secondary and I might put my fist through a wall after the 6th or 7th easy completion.

Until the Texans do it, I won’t believe it. Is the last time they won the game Welker got hurt? They find ways to lose vs the Pats.
Right. Watson and the D are talented and BOB is a good coach but they just can't beat us

Year in year out people give too much credit to Houston.

I don't think they are the biggest rival in the conference. Not even close.

Their biggest chance in this game is the week 1 factor. I don't like the way the Pats handled this camp, I thought it was very light and there is a ton of question marks in the offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes