PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else stoked for the matchup against Brady and the Bucs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and may not even be employed.

Did Deus personally attack you??

How about responding to his post instead of this lame second handed slap stuff?

Yes, but my point is that regardless of whether Butler played or not, the game was in Brady's hands with 2:08 left in the 4th quarter. That has traditionally been Brady time.

Then you don't have a point.

UVA is going to UVA.

So you were ok with Orr leaving to get money, but not ok that Brady left when they offered him a salary along the lines of a 2nd string QB? Interesting.
Who's paying ~25M/season for a second-string QB?

(This is from fairly random googling. Show me the number you're thinking of, if you're actually thinking of one.)

I don't mind that Brady left. As far as I can tell, it was a combination: He could get money himself (b/c you know how it is, you don't want to be down to your last 100million one day and have to borrow from the real breadwinner in the fam, but I digress :D)... but more to the point, he could have a stable of offensive weapons, including the newly unretired Gronk, and play somewhere where any little media blip isn't considered losing the key to the Enigma code.

Look, the deal is, you don't begrudge the guy his path. Feh, who cares, you could sort of see it coming. That's where I agree with you... but I think the fine print is more like "Do I really want to play here for basically a hometown discount so they can afford meh weapons, or go somewhere, get paid, be worshipped, and have a ton of weapons on a non-cap-exhausted team?"

And bonus, answer the question "can I win without Belichick?"

Not to mention, go somewhere where they're happy to have you until you make your succession plan. 1 SB was their wildest dream in Tampa, although I am sure they'll take whatever TB can get them... they'll keep him around until he agrees he sucks.

In NE they looked at him with that famous dispassionate eye, and I can't blame either side for where they came down. If we really have our next franchise guy in Jones, as much as it hurts to say... it could actually be for the best for both parties. I mean, I can't fault a team for saying "Well, you will be 43... maybe a teensy bit less is in order?" And I can't fault a guy for saying "What, are you pissed I only win every other Super Bowl?"

Weirdest problem I've every seen a team have, extremes everywhere you look :D

I've got that one on ignore anyway. He brings nothing to the table.

Give him a dose of Rex Ryan's style defense.

Those are called bandwagon fans. Those are the fans we do not need and they're not really fans. Those are hangers on or people who want hitch their wagon to something popular so they can feel good about themselves.

Wrong again.

Brady delivered twenty years of excellence. I watched his first Superbowl single and without kids and watched his last Superbowl divorced and with teenagers. WTF???

No other fan base has had that. I've enjoyed that.

BB and TB got a divorce. I love them both.

Name another coach QB combo that lasted more than 15 years. You can't.

Wrong again.

Brady delivered twenty years of excellence. I watched his first Superbowl single and without kids and watched his last Superbowl divorced and with teenagers. WTF???

No other fan base has had that. I've enjoyed that.

BB and TB got a divorce. I love them both.

Name another coach QB combo that lasted more than 15 years. You can't.
Correct, but who was shown the door? Brady.

BB stirs the drink, not Brady. It's hilarious that Brady thought long and hard about his exit strategy and picked the team that had money and the most talent on offense to make himself look as good as possible, yet was a 6th rd pick who was garbage until BB got his coaching in there, yet somehow Brady made BB.

Me, Me. Me. Giselle and Brady.

If you can't see he changed after his first 5-6 years in NE to what he became, I cannot help you. I am pretty sure BB has no interest in seeing Giselle ever again.

I can only imagine the stories we don't know tied to this.

BB is the greatest GM and Coach in sports history and Brady is the greatest QB in NFL history. I am just not going to try to rewrite history to protect Brady's supposed pristine image, when it's so very clearly not pristine. Ego and money ruin people and ruined Brady.

Yes.

I have no interest in dealing with people who aren't as smart as they think and bring nothing to the table, while insecure. It's a bad look.

Yes.

I have no interest in dealing with people who aren't as smart as they think and bring nothing to the table, while insecure. It's a bad look.

Them don't take the cheap shot. Otherwise you're still engaging.

Deus didn't refer to you in any way.

Those are called bandwagon fans. Those are the fans we do not need and they're not really fans. Those are hangers on or people who want hitch their wagon to something popular so they can feel good about themselves.
SmartSelect_20210921-175216_Firefox.jpg

You are severely underestimating how many fans blame bill for Brady's departure.
My statement has nothing to do with fan displeasure with Belichick. I just don't think that a majority of fans will root for Brady and his team over the home team. It seems irrational to buy season tickets to the Patriots so you can root against the coach. Furthermore, you are severely underestimating how many fans are excited by Mac.

I'm 54. Back off pal. Get off my lawn.
Hey now, I dig your posts, no ill intent here. Just wondering why, according to a random internet fan gatekeeper, I'm not a real fan because I was born in the 1990s. Can't remember the last game I actually missed and haven't swayed loyalty one iota.

My statement has nothing to do with fan displeasure with Belichick. I just don't think that a majority of fans will root for Brady and his team over the home team. It seems irrational to buy season tickets to the Patriots so you can root against the coach. Furthermore, you are severely underestimating how many fans are excited by Mac.
I do believe the cheers for Brady will be louder than the cheers for Mac

That isn't my personal preference.

Who's paying ~25M/season for a second-string QB?

(This is from fairly random googling. Show me the number you're thinking of, if you're actually thinking of one.)

I don't mind that Brady left. As far as I can tell, it was a combination: He could get money himself (b/c you know how it is, you don't want to be down to your last 100million one day and have to borrow from the real breadwinner in the fam, but I digress :D)... but more to the point, he could have a stable of offensive weapons, including the newly unretired Gronk, and play somewhere where any little media blip isn't considered losing the key to the Enigma code.

Look, the deal is, you don't begrudge the guy his path. Feh, who cares, you could sort of see it coming. That's where I agree with you... but I think the fine print is more like "Do I really want to play here for basically a hometown discount so they can afford meh weapons, or go somewhere, get paid, be worshipped, and have a ton of weapons on a non-cap-exhausted team?"

And bonus, answer the question "can I win without Belichick?"

Not to mention, go somewhere where they're happy to have you until you make your succession plan. 1 SB was their wildest dream in Tampa, although I am sure they'll take whatever TB can get them... they'll keep him around until he agrees he sucks.

In NE they looked at him with that famous dispassionate eye, and I can't blame either side for where they came down. If we really have our next franchise guy in Jones, as much as it hurts to say... it could actually be for the best for both parties. I mean, I can't fault a team for saying "Well, you will be 43... maybe a teensy bit less is in order?" And I can't fault a guy for saying "What, are you pissed I only win every other Super Bowl?"

Weirdest problem I've every seen a team have, extremes everywhere you look :D
That's 98.5 I don't buy at all they offered him anything. In 2017, BB offered JimmyG 7.5 million per through 2019 to be a back up. The problem in this equation is both Brady and Jimmy's agent was the same guy, Don Yee.

I am sure once Brady heard that, that was it.

I can only imagine all the other stuff we don't know.

Last edited:
Correct, but who was shown the door? Brady.

BB stirs the drink, not Brady. It's hilarious that Brady thought long and hard about his exit strategy and picked the team that had money and the most talent on offense to make himself look as good as possible, yet was a 6th rd pick who was garbage until BB got his coaching in there, yet somehow Brady made BB.

Me, Me. Me. Giselle and Brady.

If you can't see he changed after his first 5-6 years in NE to what he became, I cannot help you. I am pretty sure BB has no interest in seeing Giselle ever again.

I can only imagine the stories we don't know tied to this.

BB is the greatest GM and Coach in sports history and Brady is the greatest QB in NFL history. I am just not going to try to rewrite history to protect Brady's supposed pristine image, when it's so very clearly not pristine. Ego and money ruin people and ruined Brady.

Brady or any Patriot's player has never bought me dinner nor should they. Point being that I don't know them and they owe me nothing. I'm just a fan.

What you and I have gotten out of them over the last twenty years is a life's worth of shyt talking to any other fan base. That's Priceless and I've cashed in on it numerous times.

We've also gotten a life full of championship memories. No other fan base has that. None.

Who cares how it ended??? If you were told in 2000 that you could have the best twenty year run in sports history but it would end badly... would you take it?? Of course you would.

I took it. I'm happy. I'm not mad at either of them. I wish the best for both except when it affects the Patriots.

Hey now, I dig your posts, no ill intent here. Just wondering why, according to a random internet fan gatekeeper, I'm not a real fan because I was born in the 1990s. Can't remember the last game I actually missed and haven't swayed loyalty one iota.

I was just joking.

You have passed my "fan" criteria many times over. So you'll never hear that stuff from me you youngin. :)

Them don't take the cheap shot. Otherwise you're still engaging.

Deus didn't refer to you in any way.
I said yes. Fair enough, I will avoid. He has made derogatory comments elsewhere. He doesn't like an honest take on Brady. I will say it again: Brady is the GOAT. He's brought the fans great memories. Best I've ever seen by a mile. It's just disappointing he lost track of what made him.

Brady or any Patriot's player has never bought me dinner nor should they. Point being that I don't know them and they owe me nothing. I'm just a fan.

What you and I have gotten out of them over the last twenty years is a life's worth of shyt talking to any other fan base. That's Priceless and I've cashed in on it numerous times.

We've also gotten a life full of championship memories. No other fan base has that. None.

Who cares how it ended??? If you were told in 2000 that you could have the best twenty year run in sports history but it would end badly... would you take it?? Of course you would.

I took it. I'm happy. I'm not mad at either of them. I wish the best for both except when it affects the Patriots.

I completely agree. It's just the bastardization of what happened that is annoying. It's disinformation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back