PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else stoked for the matchup against Brady and the Bucs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Repeat after me: Brady crapped down his leg in the 2007 and 2011 postseasons.
Brady was playing on one leg in 2007. He could barely move.

The defense sh*t the bed all game long as Eli and the Giants were really trying to lose that game. Defense dropped INT after INT throughout the game and finally choked on the last drive.

I can’t defend Brady much in 2011 as he got a stupid safety called on him, that dumb INT targeting Gronk deep when the D just gave the ball back to the O and couldn’t step on the Giants throats up 17-9 in the second half knowing his D is terrible.

Last edited:

Anyone else stoked for the matchup against Brady and the Bucs?​

No. The Bucs are nowhere near as polished as the Patriots were with Brady therefore they aren't as much fun to watch. Further, we'll most likely lose. What's to look forward to?

The defense sh*t the bed all game long as Eli and the Giants were really trying to lose that game. Defense dropped INT after INT throughout the game and finally choked on the last drive.

I can’t defend Brady much in 2011 as he got a stupid safety called on him and couldn’t step on the Giants throats up 17-9 in the second half knowing his D is terrible.
Well couple of things, that safety, was a intentional grounding that I have never seen called since. If overthrowing your receiver was a penalty, half the QB's in the NFL would be out of a job. 2011, the pats should not even been in the superbowl to be honest. They tried to step on their throats but a certain dropped pass basically changed the game. Basically there were a lot of things that lead to losses in those superbowls, not just one thing.

Well couple of things, that safety, was a intentional grounding that I have never seen called since. If overthrowing your receiver was a penalty, half the QB's in the NFL would be out of a job. 2011, the pats should not even been in the superbowl to be honest. They tried to step on their throats but a certain dropped pass basically changed the game. Basically there were a lot of things that lead to losses in those superbowls, not just one thing.
I agree that safety was a ridiculously bad call.

I agree that safety was a ridiculously bad call.
I have just never seen that called again. It was not like it was a long throw toward nobody. It was over the head of a receiver. Was he getting rid of it? Yeah but that happens every day in the league. I see QB's throw balls into the stands inside the redzone when nobody is open. lol. Never got that call, never seen it since.

Brady Sr. really doesn’t like Bill. Here’s confirmation Brady was kicked to the curb and Kraft saying he would've matched Tampa’s offer was bull sheet.

There’s your storyline NBC. Tom Curran says your welcome.

Last edited:
it was the correct call. deion branch, the cloest receiver, was 30 yards away from where the ball landed.
That is false. Again if that is a penalty, Josh Allen would have been called about 20 times in his first two years in the league.

Put yourself in Bill's shoes. You are dealing with a then 42-year-old quarterback (about to turn 43) who has no idea when he wants to quit playing football. Bill, who is unsure of the future at QB in NE, wants to go younger so that he can have a long-term solution. Wouldn't any rational person want to get a 22-23 year old to be the QB for the next 10-15 years? Playing beyond 42 years old at a high level is unprecedented. I think Brett Favre was the last QB to play well into his 40s. It's easy to point fingers at Bill when we are sitting behind a keyboard.
Whoa I totally agree with you..when the break up happened I was fully aware what transpired thanks a whole lot to this board and Miguel.

Personally speaking I have 0 beef with Brady leaving and I personally hope Judon piledrives him..or uche...or Barmore..or hightower.....shoot I care careless of it's Henry Anderson and Carl Davis burying him. Hit him in the mouth. He's an opposing qb.

When he's retired there will be a time to reminisce and kiss ass...while he's still active in the NFL on other teams roster..f him.

I can’t defend Brady much in 2011 as he got a stupid safety called on him, that dumb INT targeting Gronk deep when the D just gave the ball back to the O and couldn’t step on the Giants throats up 17-9 in the second half knowing his D is terrible.
Umm, wouldn't that be one more reason to hand the ball off? You're not helping yourself, especially after Laura Maroney and the O Line bailed Brady out in the 4th qtr of the title game vs SD. The Defense crapped the bed allowing 3 points in the first half of SB 42? I mean, what on earth?

Say what you want, but the Ds played closer to their respective ceilings as compared to the offense. It's an offensive league.

Lastly, the 2011 D was young, raw and certainly thin off the Lockout with no camp (sounds familiar?), but they led the conference in turnovers. Sure, the 2 fumbles they created, it stinks they didn't get just 1 because they likely win. But, Brady, Welker, Mankins, basically all the most expensive players on offense crapped down their collective legs in SB 46. It's what they did in that era.

And, all Brady wanted to do was go gaze into Giselle's eyes and listen to her blame WRs drops on the last desperation drive, when all the damage by Brady's bad decisions or poor mechanics (Welker drop) were on full display in that second half.

That's proof in itself Brady was already seeing himself as above the team at that time. Bradyhad her conditioned as well.

Umm, wouldn't that be one more reason to hand the ball off? You're not helping yourself, especially after Laura Maroney and the O Line bailed Brady out in the 4th qtr of the title game vs SD. The Defense crapped the bed allowing 3 points in the first half of SB 42? I mean, what on earth?

Say what you want, but the Ds played closer to their respective ceilings as compared to the offense. It's an offensive league.

Lastly, the 2011 D was young, raw and certainly thin off the Lockout with no camp (sounds familiar?), but they led the conference in turnovers. Sure, the 2 fumbles they created, it stinks they didn't get just 1 because they likely win. But, Brady, Welker, Mankins, basically all the most expensive players on offense crapped down their collective legs in SB 46. It's what they did in that era.

And, all Brady wanted to do was go gaze into Giselle's eyes and listen to her blame WRs drops on the last desperation drive, when all the damage by Brady's bad decisions or poor mechanics (Welker drop) were on full display in that second half.

That's proof in itself Brady was already seeing himself as above the team at that time. Bradyhad her conditioned as well.
I love some pats fans....Brady is **** because he only won 6 superbowls and not 8 with the team. All I know is this. Two times Brady put the patriots ahead in those superbowls near the end and two times the giants went down the field and scored tds to win the game.

Whoa I totally agree with you..when the break up happened I was fully aware what transpired thanks a whole lot to this board and Miguel.

Personally speaking I have 0 beef with Brady leaving and I personally hope Judon piledrives him..or uche...or Barmore..or hightower.....shoot I care careless of it's Henry Anderson and Carl Davis burying him. Hit him in the mouth. He's an opposing qb.

When he's retired there will be a time to reminisce and kiss ass...while he's still active in the NFL on other teams roster..f him.
Absolutely. Both posts are spot on. Giselle could get her way at any time especially if Brady suffers a serious injury.

I hope they whack him all night long for that disgusting selfishness he showed on the way out the door.

Bobby Orr had reasons to leave. Larry Bird played his entire career with the Celtics. Ted Williams played his entire career with the Red Sox. Bill Russell played his entire career with the Celtics. F Brady.

F that. Where the heck is Byron Cowart? That’s the guy pounding his chest saying Brady “won’t be welcome” and they were going to rough him up or something like that.

I love some pats fans....Brady is **** because he only won 6 superbowls and not 8 with the team. All I know is this. Two times Brady put the patriots ahead in those superbowls near the end and two times the giants went down the field and scored tds to win the game.

All I know is this:

It's an offensive league and primadonna Brady underperformed in both SBs, wasting time all game long with no balance in that shotgun, with too many 3 and outs, at least 1 INT that was usually awful, and never helped his D in an offensive league.

That D was averaging 2 turnovers a game all year, giving him extra drives he ended up doing nothing with in postseasons because he wasn't facing a zone D or a crap D in those postseasons.

FAIL

That is false. Again if that is a penalty, Josh Allen would have been called about 20 times in his first two years in the league.

it met the definition intentional grounding...i don’t know what to tell you

F that. Where the heck is Bryan Cowart? That’s the guy pounding his chest saying Brady “won’t be welcome”.
Would be funn
Bobby Orr had reasons to leave. Larry Bird played his entire career with the Celtics. Ted Williams played his entire career with the Red Sox. Bill Russell played his entire career with the Celtics. F Brady.
Only partially true. Orr's knees were done for. Orr had no reason to leave other than Boston had to walk because he was cooked. Orr never was disrespectful showing up teammates during a game nor did he put himself above the team. Ever.

No Boston legend did what Brady has done. He's a selfish oligarch narcissist.

it met the definition intentional grounding...i don’t know what to tell you
Of course it did. There was no one near it. And, the sad part is? Brady had 5 seconds, and all he had to do was shuffle right and Welker was wide open to the right. He locked onto his first read and was simply lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents