PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else stoked for the matchup against Brady and the Bucs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are called bandwagon fans. Those are the fans we do not need and they're not really fans. Those are hangers on or people who want hitch their wagon to something popular so they can feel good about themselves.
20 years? Not a bandwagon. Try again.

We definitely don’t match up well with them. Not a lot of teams in the league do. When you’re highly dependent on an attack that features two TEs and running the ball and you’re up against a defense that has two LBs that can go man-to-man with both TEs and is traditionally good against the run, it’s a bad match-up. Mistakes/turnovers would most definitely compound the game into a potential blowout. I can see why people wouldn’t think we’d have a chance.

They're going to have to let Mac Attack their secondary. Hopefully Trent Brown is back.

money in the bank for the week 4 matchup buzz and whatever merch sales or commercials it spawns, and okay, Sr. really was sick of the Pats machine. Of course, Tom himself has to stay clean for at least the "retire the number in the better paying market" moment. I am sure he'll be feeling all Patriotic again that one day, don't get me wrong. But it's just the storyline now... and I do think it sells merch to dispatch Sr. in the weeks leading up to the Foxborough reunion. I am going to so hate that mother's father* in 2 weeks.

*per standard basic cable dubbing conventions

20 years? So, you joined the fanbase after they won the SB in 2001? That's a bandwagon fan.
Are all Patriot fans supposed to be 60 years old and have been watching for 50+ years?

You're making me nostalgic for my I-Ching game predictions :haha:
Caldwell, his eyes bugging. Welker, when the ball fell.

Darmok at Tanagra (-6)

That would make a bandwagon fan of every Pats fan under the age of... 30?
No, it would make them entitled, whiny, and not really understanding the sport outside of what Brady showed them in just NE.

Some of us have been watching the NFL for a lot longer than just 20 years on a tv set somewhere in suburban MA.

Are all Patriot fans supposed to be 60 years old and have been watching for 50+ years?
No, but if you honestly started showing interest in the sport in 2001, that means many others know a lot more than the person who has been watching for less time. It's not rocket science here.

remember when montana returned to play vs the 49ers ? might be that kinda game. But things turned out fine for the niners

remember when montana returned to play vs the 49ers ? might be that kinda game. But things turned out fine for the niners
Sort of, they ended up winning a title down the line, but it was never again the same as it was with Montana there.

20 years? So, you joined the fanbase after they won the SB in 2001? That's a bandwagon fan.
Many Pats fans are age 30 and under which means their entire life growing up has been Brady.

Many Pats fans are age 30 and under which means their entire life growing up has been Brady.
Bingo!

Let the people who don't think Brady walks on water and craps gold, have the proper handle on this sport. Because it's not fans like you. Being 25 years old and trying to tell yourself you're more knowledgeable than BB means you have a problem.

Bingo!

Let the people who don't think Brady walks on water and craps gold, have the proper handle on this sport. Because it's not fans like you. Being 25 years old and trying to tell yourself you're more knowledgeable than BB means you have a problem.
Lol. You are deranged. Seek help please.

I read your posts, I am not sure that works in your case.
I am not the one with an unhealthy Brady fixation.

Some of you probably have back up copies of his Facebook doc on your hard drives.

Lol. You are deranged. Seek help please.
Repeat after me: Brady crapped down his leg in the 2007 and 2011 postseasons.

You can do it! I know you can! That's step 1. We'll work on step 2 next.

Sort of, they ended up winning a title down the line, but it was never again the same as it was with Montana there.
Young and Rice got a raw deal. After their Super Bowl win, Deion Sanders went back to Dallas and put them over the top. The 9ers, like other good teams after them, didn’t draft well to replace aging vets and it reared it’s ugly head in 1999. They then ran into the next All Star team which was the Packers in 1996 and 1997. They also didn’t have much of a running game after Ricky Waters left until Garrison Hearst broke out in 1998. The Rice injury in 1997 may have given them a chance against Green Bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents