PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else stoked for the matchup against Brady and the Bucs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said yes. Fair enough, I will avoid. He has made derogatory comments elsewhere. He doesn't like an honest take on Brady. I will say it again: Brady is the GOAT. He's brought the fans great memories. Best I've ever seen by a mile. It's just disappointing he lost track of what made him.

Thanks.

I disagree. I think Brady is the same as he has always been. A competitor. I wish he was still a Patriot. But he's not. It is what it is at this point. But I got twenty years of unbelievable stuff from him. I'm thankful. No fan base could ever talk trash to me. They have nothing to compare. Brady delivered more to any fan base than any other sports icon has. I will always wish him the best except vs the Pats.

it was the correct call. deion branch, the cloest receiver, was 30 yards away from where the ball landed.
It was a ticky tack call at best by the very definition of that term.

Never seen a QB before or after get called for that after a deep throw like that. Receivers peel off their route all the time and there was no conclusive evidence that didn’t happen there nor was it conclusive Brady threw it to avoid a hit or sack. Even if correct by the letter of the rule that shouldn’t get called in a Super Bowl

Despite Butler's benching, Brady fumbled the ball with the game on the line...

That took absolutely nothing away from his historically great performance that night. What did though was his head coach not putting his team in the best position to win and deliberately so.

Never seen a QB before or after get called for that after a deep throw like that. Receivers peel off their route all the time and there was no conclusive evidence that happened either nor was it conclusive Brady threw it to avoid a sack. Even if correct by the letter of the rule in a game like this that shouldn’t have been called.
Yup.

That call still infuriates me.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
That took absolutely nothing away from his historically great performance that night. What did though was his head coach not putting his team in position to win and deliberately so.
Seek the help you need.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1

Never seen a QB before or after get called for that after a deep throw like that. Receivers peel off their route all the time and there was no conclusive evidence that didn’t happen there nor was it conclusive Brady threw it to avoid a hit or sack. Even if correct by the letter of the rule that shouldn’t get called in a Super Bowl
How is something so clear "ticky/tack"?

Give him a dose of Rex Ryan's style defense.
It won’t work because the Bucs can beat you inside and outside. Rex Ryan said recently on the ESPN show “Get Up” that the 2010 defensive game plan was one of the easiest to put together as he didn’t respect the Pats on the outside. He said he took away the middle and forced Brady to test Revis and Cromartie. It obviously didn’t end well.

Bill needs to put something together that Brady has never seen before like what Spagnolo said he did in Super Bowl 42. The 4 man rush playing lights out was the key, but Spags also said he brought guys on blitzes who had never blitzed during the entire season which McDaniels admitted to throw them off.

It won’t work because the Bucs can beat you inside and outside. Rex Ryan said recently on the ESPN show “Get Up” that the 2010 defensive game plan was one of the easiest to put together as he didn’t respect the Pats on the outside. He said he took away the middle and forced Brady to test Revis and Cromartie. It obviously didn’t end well.

Bill needs to put something together that Brady has never seen before like what Spagnolo said he did in Super Bowl 42. The 4 man rush playing lights out was the key, but Spags also said he brought guys on blitzes who had never blitzed during the entire season which McDaniels admitted to throw them off.

What happened a month earlier? NE won 45-3.

Ryan is a blowhard. Brady threw a god awful INT on the first drive as they were steamrolling down the field.

Face it, Brady starts slow against good Ds and those kinds of things hurt because the underdog used that to their advantage for momentum.

I already explained it in the same post.
I've also never seen other ticky tack calls like what Brady got in the SB in February. Whoops, no I did see that.

No one was remotely close on the Safety. He was lazy to start the game. He starts really slow.

Still amazes me that he gave credit for that game plan to Romeo Crennel’s Browns based on what he saw on tape from that game. Ironic. The Giants just executed it better.

How is something so clear "ticky/tack"?
LMAO. Weren't you the one saying Goodell conspired with refs to make bad calls against the Pats to hold them back? Now you're defending a ticky tack call just because it was against Brady during a SB no less?

Did you get to see the flying saucers during your camping trip to Area 51?

Rex has bragging rights for that game because Brady threw a really stupid throw on a screen and Crumpler dropped an easy TD pass. Without that, Ryan's just a one year blip on the radar.

Rex has bragging rights for that game because Brady threw a really stupid throw on a screen and Crumpler dropped an easy TD pass. Without that, Ryan's just a one year blip on the radar.
I’m more mad Sanchez went wild.

LMAO. Weren't you the one saying Goodell conspired with refs to make bad calls against the Pats to hold them back? Now you're defending a ticky tack call just because it was against Brady during a SB no less?

Did you get to see the flying saucers during your camping trip to Area 51?
I didn't love the call, but I can see why it was made. I am asking why he was asleep to start a SB.

I'll bet that you couldn't name five QBs that could have possibly gone to a new team, new system, during a Covid restricted season and won a Superbowl.

I can only name one. Tom F'ing Brady.

Yes he is that good.
You‘ve got me there. Other good QB’s would need more time to get the team rolling. His experience, leadership and knowledge of the game is unmatched.

Because Orr's career was essentialy finished. He'd given everything he had to the Bruins since he was a teenager and they had underpaid him much of that time. Further, Orr came back to Boston after he stopped playing hockey and contributed to our society here. Brady and co. couldn't get out of here quick enough. They're apples and oranges. IMO

i.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow! NewEraWithMac took the crown of worst posters around here without breaking a swet.

Some posters around here are no better than the Jets fans they made fun of for 20 years.

Last edited:
Because Orr's career was essentialy finished. He'd given everything he had to the Bruins since he was a teenager and they had underpaid him much of that time. Further, Orr came back to Boston after he stopped playing hockey and contributed to our society here. Brady and co. couldn't get out of here quick enough. They're apples and oranges. IMO

View attachment 35880
Brady was here for 20 years and took below market deals the majority of the time. While he was here he contributed to Boston. And whose to say after he retires he does not support Boston. Gronk just built a playground here.

Man, the level we expect from our athletes is insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes