PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else stoked for the matchup against Brady and the Bucs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my comment was that Brady fumbled the ball with the game on the line. Prove me wrong.

You've been fumbling your whole life.

Prove me wrong.

Brady was here for 20 years and took below market deals the majority of the time. While he was here he contributed to Boston. And whose to say after he retires he does not support Boston. Gronk just built a playground here.

Man, the level we expect from our athletes is insane!
All good points.

I just gave you how I feel about it. There's no right or wrong. I enjoyed every minute Brady was here but to me, he'll never be to Boston what Larry Bird was, or Bobby Orr was.

Definitely looking forward to the game...just not the media hype and talking heads leading up to it starting next Sunday night.

my comment was that Brady fumbled the ball with the game on the line. Prove me wrong.
That play was entirely on Shaq Mason being beaten badly by Graham. 10 quarterbacks out of 10 would have had the same outcome.

Took nothing away from Brady’s historically great night like I said. What did was his head coach deliberately setting up the defense to fail. And now the so called defensive genius coach has a clowning by Nick Foles on his resume. If you’re going to rank fault for that loss it’s Belichick at all three spots on the podium.

I would boo the whole ****ing game at Brady lol

After and before, nothing but success, goodness and avocado ice-cream. He deserves the best

during tho? Boo the **** out him, curse at him, whatever.

That play was entirely on Shaq Mason being beaten badly by Graham. 10 quarterbacks out of 10 would have had the same outcome.

Took nothing away from Brady’s historically great night like I said. What did was his head coach deliberately setting up the defense to fail. And now the so called defensive genius coach has a clowning by Nick Foles on his resume. If you’re going to rank fault for that loss it’s Belichick at all three spots on the podium.
Blaming Brady when he led the offense to 33 points and 613 yards.

Should be blaming the coach who tried to show how big his **** is and screwed over the team. Any other coach would have been fired for what he did.

You bench him the entire first half and see your defense give up 22 points. So what does he do? Bench him for the entire second half while the defense has four drives and gives up touchdown, field goal, touchdown, field goal.

Will try to channel the Bucs' 2nd Saints game last year. Not sure Mac's gonna become a beat up Brees in 2 games, but I can dream. I'm stoked, but also have equal parts dread. As others have mentioned, Mac will probably have no choice but to air it out down a score or 3. That should be fun for gits and shiggles, but this might just be that 4INT game these 1st year starters (like Brady in 2001) have to get out of their system. Non conference game - good experience even if a loss.

1632311127506.png

That's 98.5 I don't buy at all they offered him anything. In 2017, BB offered JimmyG 7.5 million per through 2019 to be a back up. The problem in this equation is both Brady and Jimmy's agent was the same guy, Don Yee.

I am sure once Brady heard that, that was it.

I can only imagine all the other stuff we don't know.
All the reports are in the 23 million+ per year range. That's not backup money. If you want to say you don't trust any of them, well, okay, where's the report that you do trust supporting your statement that Brady was offered backup money?

I see that you seem to think that when Brady got wind that Garopollo was offered backup money to be the backup, he thought "that was it?"

In what universe?

All that does is keep Jimmy G in backup, not starter, territory. Are you saying that would be a bad thing from Brady's point of view? Did you not say that Brady was offered backup money? What does Jimmy G - by then long gone - have to do with Brady's money? Brady -- and Yee -- can count (whether dollars, receivers, or rings for his legacy). I don't think that what Jimmy G was offered several years prior figured into his decision.

I understand his numbers were historic that day. However, his job as QB is to hold onto the ball even if his o-lineman screws up. Brady got too greedy on that play and was zoning in on Gronk. He missed a wide-open James White who would have gotten a first down. And funny thing is Bruce Arians said the same thing about Brady's strip sack in last sunday's game - he got too greedy. And no 10 out of 10 QBs would not have fumbled. Jeff Hostetler got wrecked by Bruce Smith in SB 25 in the end zone and managed to hold onto the ball.

cant-we-all-just-get-along.jpg

Patsfans forum posts...helping Patriots fans channel Rodney King since 2019.

Blaming Brady when he led the offense to 33 points and 613 yards.

Should be blaming the coach who tried to show how big his **** is and screwed over the team. Any other coach would have been fired for what he did.

You bench him the entire first half and see your defense give up 22 points. So what does he do? Bench him for the entire second half while the defense has four drives and gives up touchdown, field goal, touchdown, field goal.

Malcolm Butler did not have a good AFCCG, nor did he have a good season. There is no proof that Butler would have done anything that day. The greater likelihood is Brady leading his team to the GW touchdown with 2:08 left without fumbling the ball.

Really don't care about this game more than any other. Honestly looking forward more to the bills games and the divisional race and don't really care about NFC teams

Stop calling your 43 year old grown son "Tommy". God, they're so weird. There's something off about that family.

It might be a California thing. I've also never seen male adult family members kiss each other like this -
:rofl:
R1GALLd.jpeg

I understand his numbers were historic that day. However, his job as QB is to hold onto the ball even if his o-lineman screws up. Brady got too greedy on that play and was zoning in on Gronk. He missed a wide-open James White who would have gotten a first down. And funny thing is Bruce Arians said the same thing about Brady's strip sack in last sunday's game - he got too greedy. And no 10 out of 10 QBs would not have fumbled. Jeff Hostetler got wrecked by Bruce Smith in SB 25 in the end zone and managed to hold onto the ball.
That was just a sack. In this one the defender uncorked a punch right on the football that knocked it free. Completely different defensive plays.

Yes any QB would have had the same outcome. Nothing Brady could do about that unless he somehow knew ahead of time that the ball was going to be punched out. His pass protection completely broke down on the play.

The Eagles defense was really good and it was only a matter of time before they made a play. All the more reason why Brady's game against them can't be given enough credit.

Last edited:
All good points.

I just gave you how I feel about it. There's no right or wrong. I enjoyed every minute Brady was here but to me, he'll never be to Boston what Larry Bird was, or Bobby Orr was.
You’re right.

He’s transcended both entirely.

Malcolm Butler did not have a good AFCCG, nor did he have a good season. There is no proof that Butler would have done anything that day. The greater likelihood is Brady leading his team to the GW touchdown with 2:08 left without fumbling the ball.
1 or 2 plays on third down. That would have flipped the outcome. That's all Butler would have needed to do...and he would have without a doubt at all. He didn't have to be Deion Sanders that day.

1 or 2 plays on third down. That would have flipped the outcome. That's all Butler would have needed to do...and he would have without a doubt at all. He didn't have to be Deion Sanders that day.

Again, there is no proof that Butler would have done anything. He had one PD in the AFCCG and an awful week of practice. If you had a choice between playing Malcolm Butler or giving the ball to TB12 with 2:08 left in the 4th to win the game, what would any sane person rather have? The defense wasn't great but that is more because of Hightower's absence rather than Butler's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes