PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antonio Brown Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why people think it is unreasonable to think that the Pats have a good shot at getting the money back. I would be shocked if the Krafts didn't go through their corresponding lawyers and their opinion relative to the contract language before pulling the plug and releasing AB.

Whether a court -- where this will inevitably decided unless one side caves and accepts an offer -- will confirm that or not is a different story.
Because your eminently reasonable statement contradicts their narrative that Kraft is a bumbling idiot.

1. Correct, yet when they found out they still played him in Miami. This was also discussed and the fact they played him weakens their argument;

He did not disclose it at time of contract signing. Pats can easily argue it was an unconfirmed rumor at gametime.

2. There is a real debate on texts being menacing. Even painters lawyers admitted texts didn't meet law, but they just wanted NFL to tell him to stop contacting her. Either way, sending texts is not a reason in the CBA to lose payment of the bonus;

Threatening a woman isn't a reason for a team to release a player? She took it that way.

3. Contract he signed can't have language in it that CBA, but even if it does, that language can't trump protections that were collectively bargained.

It was approved by the NFLPA. If there was a problem with it they would have stepped in. Teams go after bonuses all the time when players misbehave.

Last edited:
I thought you might like that one.

I haven't even started on the latest Kraft mess though. His smarmy response to the mediots about it didn't help at all.

As great of an owner as he's been, it really is time for him to step out of the spotlight and let someone else be the face of ownership.

You’re kinda funny. The thread and discussion are about AB.

I don’t think Dillon was. He was a stand up guy and team player until they screwed with him and benched him for no good reason.
Bennett was a whacko, but he showed up to play so I could go either way on him.
Dillon told the team to trade him to Dallas and basically forced his way out of Cincy. He was far from a stand up guy as he was arguably one of the worst human beings that wore a Patriots uniform in the BB era. He was arrested for beating his wife multiple times (and pouring milk on her head) and a bunch of DUI's. He was also by all reports a complete jerk to just about every other human being around him.

Why are my posts about Kraft continue to get deleted in response to the mention of Kraft? The sanitizing of all things Kraft here is very peculiar.

Why are my posts about Kraft continue to get deleted in response to the mention of Kraft? The sanitizing of all things Kraft here is very peculiar.
As peculiar as the constant Kraft bashing.

Huh, by all accounts he was a model teammate and player. There was nothing he did on the football side to void his contract. So he delivered the work as witnessed in the Miami game and picked up the gameplan in record time.

That is what he was hired to do, play football. He wasn't hired to be a social media darling, or spokesman for the team, or to be popular, or to go to church twice a week. Team decided to get rid of him and gave no reason at all.
He was here for FIVE freaking days.

Because your eminently reasonable statement contradicts their narrative that Kraft is a bumbling idiot.

Business acumen != knowing what's best for a competitive sports team != judgement in one's personal life. The third one is Kraft's true weakness, which isn't a huge deal, but often leads to the conflation of all the above.

Dillon told the team to trade him to Dallas and basically forced his way out of Cincy. He was far from a stand up guy as he was arguably one of the worst human beings that wore a Patriots uniform in the BB era. He was arrested for beating his wife multiple times (and pouring milk on her head) and a bunch of DUI's. He was also by all reports a complete jerk to just about every other human being around him.
He asked to be traded because he was inappropriately benched. I wouldn’t want a player who takes that without being played.
I’m talking about football not his personal life.

...You may be right. I may be crazy. You may be wrong for all I know, you may be right.
After you were stranded at the Combat Zone, did you walk New Bedford's sky alone?

Last edited:
Why are my posts about Kraft continue to get deleted...

tenor.gif

He asked to be traded because he was inappropriately benched. I wouldn’t want a player who takes that without being played.
I’m talking about football not his personal life.
His benching was a combination of an injured groin and repeatedly *****ing about the team.

His benching was a combination of an injured groin and repeatedly *****ing about the team.
We will have to disagree on that.

Last edited:
After you were stranded at the Combat Zone, did you walk New Bedford's sky alone?
I regret that I never got to visit the old Combat Zone. Well, I’ve been there in the present day but it certainly isn’t the Combat Zone anymore.... sounds like it would’ve made for some fun nights out on the town...

I regret that I never got to visit the old Combat Zone. Well, I’ve been there in the present day but it certainly isn’t the Combat Zone anymore.... sounds like it would’ve made for some fun nights out on the town...
It did...and if it were still around today, Early-Bird Bobby wouldn't have had to fly all the way to Jupiter for the cure what ailed him...though poor ol' Wilbur Mills probably should have...

AB was an employee so lets drop the analogies.

Certainly not an employee in the sense that most people think of an at-will employee. He was employed via a contract and is also part of a union. He is better described as a contractor, or contract employee, if you will (but definitely not an independent contractor, which is what many think contractor means.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes