PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Annoying Favre comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

sieglo

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports...tt-favre-i-dont-think-tom-brady-was-cheating/

Favre's comments are semi-supportive but it annoys me every time I see someone simply accepting that the stupid narrative that the balls were deflated. The Wells report shows two possibilities, depending on which guage Walt Anderson used to measure them: (1) that the balls were a regulation 12.5 PSI when they went into play (using the gauge Anderson remembers using); or (2) the balls were on average about 0.4 PSI under regulation when they hit the field (using the other gauge Anderson doesn't recall using).

Now ask yourself, who is going to go through the trouble and risk to lower the air pressure in 10+ balls by an average of 0.4 PSI, a difference not detectable by feel alone? You'd have to be crazy. Occam's Razor indicates there was no deflation and this whole thing is a witch hunt.

Favre is still reeling from Sterger deflating him.

“I don’t think by any stretch, in my opinion, that Tom was cheating,” Favre told Fox News

I thought he was supporting Brady

“I don’t think by any stretch, in my opinion, that Tom was cheating,” Favre told Fox News

I thought he was supporting Brady

he is not saying brady didn't do it. he is saying that it's part of gamesmanship.

Favre's comments are semi-supportive but it annoys me every time I see someone simply accepting that the stupid narrative that the balls were deflated.

I don't see anything wrong with Favre's comments. He's supporting Brady. Regarding "accepting the narrative," I doubt Favre has bothered to read the report and is simply assuming what's reported in the press is accurate. As he - like most people - has no personal stake in this story, he hasn't bothered to research it.

So we're now bashing the guys who stand up in Brady's defense?

If you want to get upset about something, take a look at this item that appeared in my email this morning:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/caught-lie-dont-take-lying-down-bill-mcgowan

Included in the comments is the following gem. I'm sure this guy thinks he correctly knows all the facts:

Dave Taylor
President, Taylor Brand Group
The reason is that one QB's idea of optimal pressure is different from another's. Note that the Patriot personnel deflated 11 of 12 footballs. They left one at full pressure that was specifically used for kicking. (so they wanted an advantage booth ways) All sports regulate the equipment used by the players. There has to be a standard of some kind in order to make the competition about athletic performance and not about equipment advantage. For instance, golf ball manufacturers can make a ball that will travel much further than they do now, but the USGA regulates a maximum velocity in testing to keep it about the player, not the ball.

^^^ Dave Taylor is obviously an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back