PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Al Riveron is such a stooge.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

Anyone else getting sick of him trying to justify these calls every week? I get the vibe he’s never played a down of football in his life. His voice annoys me too.

I don’t understand it at all. Are you supposed to tackle the QB then peel off and fly away mid air?

And the justification is laughable.

I think we got away with one against the Colts.Thats ok, we get screwed on calls too.

what you are supposed to do is as you are taking him down and you know he is going down (it is not that hard to tell) before you hit or as you do roll to the side it is really not that hard

what you are supposed to do is as you are taking him down and you know he is going down (it is not that hard to tell) before you hit or as you do roll to the side it is really not that hard

You realize that's physically impossible, correct?

upload_2018-10-12_7-47-59.png

I've gotten hit harder playing QB in touch football grudge games against manufacturing. Had to wear a mouthpiece.
I'm all for player safety and for protecting QBs from unnecessary injury as NFL football is a QB driven game with all the rules favoring offenses.
But some of this season's RTP calls are ludicrous.
And yes we did escape a possibly deserved RTP call vs the Clots.

Goodell is 100% responsible for all this B.S. He's mutated the game into pansyball. The owners could care less because they think we're suckers.

I know. We’re a bunch of stooges

its been 5 weeks, the players know the rules, you can't tackle the qb anymore, just pick them up and spike them like the babies that they are.

I think that one is on Eli. His pathetically boring ass lulled the stadium and refs into a deep sleep throughout the game.

I've gotten hit harder playing QB in touch football grudge games against manufacturing. Had to wear a mouthpiece.
I'm all for player safety and for protecting QBs from unnecessary injury as NFL football is a QB driven game with all the rules favoring offenses.
But some of this season's RTP calls are ludicrous.
And yes we did escape a possibly deserved RTP call vs the Clots.
They’re getting inconsistent. They call some of those, and leave others alone. No rhyme or reason to any of it.

People will hate this rule til it cost the Patriots a game.

I think that one is on Eli. His pathetically boring ass lulled the stadium and refs into a deep sleep throughout the game.
“The fans are getting sick of this.”-Joe Buck after Eli checks down on 3rd and long again.

Goodell is 100% responsible for all this B.S. He's mutated the game into pansyball. The owners could care less because they think we're suckers.

Correction - he KNOWS we're suckers.

People will hate this rule til it cost the Patriots a game.

People hate the "body weight" RTP call, but are also upset that it wasn't called against the Patriots when they played the Colts. On one hand, I can see wanting the rules to be enforced the same for everyone, but if you hate a rule and want it changed, how mad can you be when it's not called?

Bennett should've had his left arm in the air as if he were trying to knock down the pass, which he should've been trying to do anyway. He then could've finished the tackle exactly as he finished it and he just might not have drawn a flag.

And if one feels that a penalty flag should not have been thrown on that play, then take a look at this:

I believe that we are suckers. I don't think it's a coincidence that owners like Kraft and Jerruh Jones are investing money into fantasy football while the rules are being altered to add more fantasy points to games. It's almost like they planned it that way. ;)

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back