PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Al Riveron is such a stooge.

People will hate this rule til it cost the Patriots a game.

I like the rule and I think that that particular move is a cheap shot and I'm glad that they're clamping down. The QB is completely vulnerable (unlike any other player) and is too easy of a target. The best example of that cheap shot was the play that got Garropolo injured vs Miami when he was here. Grab the QB, turn him sideways and then land on his shoulder with all your weight.

The NFL is turning quickly into a sissy league.

**** Al Riveron. He was making an attempt to go to his side. You ****ing blind Al Riveron? Whatever you'll change your tune when it comes to playoff time just like you did last season with what's a catch and what's not a catch. Loser!:rolleyes:

Goodell is 100% responsible for all this B.S. He's mutated the game into pansyball. The owners could care less because they think we're suckers.
We are suckers. We're still watching the game. And the corrupt 32 are laughing at all of us for being fools that we are. We're worse than drug addicts. We're pathetic as long as we continue to watch. It's time we ALL stop together and break them.

its been 5 weeks, the players know the rules, you can't tackle the qb anymore, just pick them up and spike them like the babies that they are.
You know that was called for a unnecessary roughness penalty too last night?o_O

They’re getting inconsistent. They call some of those, and leave others alone. No rhyme or reason to any of it.
Riveron has been spearheading the inconsistency of most rules since he got the job too.

I believe that we are suckers. I don't think it's a coincidence that owners like Kraft and Jerruh Jones are investing money into fantasy football while the rules are being altered to add more fantasy points to games. It's almost like they planned it that way. ;)
NE is already built for the 7 vs 7 leagues....no pass rushers needed :)

The NFL is turning quickly into a sissy league.

The sissy is the player who takes a cheap shot at a defenseless player with the intent to take him out of the game.

When the NYFL tried to curb the spearing penalties a few years ago it was the Steelers who *****ed the most and the calls went away. That led to Ryan Shazier becoming a cripple and never playing again.

The NYFL's problem is the inconsistency of it's calls. It's frustrating as a fan and it must be even more frustrating as a player. I watched the Baltimore Ravens play a full three quarters without getting a single penalty and when they were finally flagged the refs went with one of two fouls and chose the one that was of no consequence to the Ravens. Then they committed the most obvious PI and it went uncalled.

When the NYFL tried to curb the spearing penalties a few years ago it was the Steelers who *****ed the most and the calls went away. That led to Ryan Shazier becoming a cripple and never playing again.

Thank you for speaking this truth, and you might catch some grief for it (maybe not, like it was right after it happened), but the truth is, if Shazier tackles with his head up, he's playing this Sunday, and has no one to blame but himself.

As usual, the NFL is being reactive instead of proactive, instituting rules that don't actaully do anything to help the matter. If you're a defender, you lead with your head, it should be a PF and an automatic ejection. That would stop that ******** real quick.

Thank you for speaking this truth, and you might catch some grief for it (maybe not, like it was right after it happened), but the truth is, if Shazier tackles with his head up, he's playing this Sunday, and has no one to blame but himself...
I stated the exact same thing during that game thread for Sh!tsdirt vs Bungles. Shazier launched himself, helmet first, nary a thought of proper tackling technique, damn the consequences to the opponent. Well guess what? You called the tune, and you paid the piper. Next...

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back