PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AB toying with us again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Just like 2007. I didn’t hear anyone whining in 2007 how they hated the blowout wins and missed us grinding out close wins like in 2003-2004.

Nice defining post for yourself, right there. How'd all that end up?

What's YOUR goal?

what are you saying? Just because our defense has been ballers and got us numerous wins we shouldn’t try and improve our offense? Apologies but your post is nonsensical

Kyrie Irving. Only with more mental issues. Nets with Irving this year 4-7. Nets without Kyrie Irving this year 6-2. Celtics also better off without him. Kyrie - Remarkable talent - - and LESS of a headcase than Antonio Nicole.

It's amazing how many years of Patriot consistent winning some people cannot learn from. How 'bout those Cowboys this year??? Look at that all-world talent!!!! How 'bout the Browns?????? How 'bout those Steelers of the past decade since they won their last SB, the year before AB showed up??????

How many more real-world lessons are you going to be completely ignorant of?????

what are you saying? Just because our defense has been ballers and got us numerous wins we shouldn’t try and improve our offense? Apologies but your post is nonsensical
If we got a FB as good as Devlin it would improve the offense
If we added a C as athletic as Andrews it would improve the offense
If we added a TE who could block as well as Gronk it would improve the offense
If we added a TE who was 80% of the threat Gronk was it would improve the offense.
I could add if we got Emanuel Sander instead of Sanu it would have improved the offense, though it would have made no sense for next year.

All these things would have improved the offense just as much, if not MORE than adding Andtonio Brown. So Biff, if you are talking about "nonsensical" look in the mirror.

No BF, he'd make A difference, not a huge one. And it's not a hatred of WR's it's an overreaction to the myth that THEY are the difference between success and failure in today's NFL. Which pisses me off no end because I thought we had a smart fan base who has had 20 years of REAL time observation that good WR's are all over the NFL and Great ones, while nice to have, are FAR from a necessity to have a great team.

You've been around here for a LONG time. IIRC you were there in the KFFL days when this thing got started. You've seen how this AB stuff makes no sense. Yes! He'd be an asset as a WR. Yes, he's better than any WR we currently have. But NO....he's not the difference between success and failure. If you were correct, the Steelers would have had a lot more trophies than we've had over the last decade.
I’m not sure suggesting anyone who disagrees with you isn’t a smart fan is the best argument. I would say the greatest evidence that contradicts your theory on wide receivers more specifically as it applies to the patriots situation would be this: This year Bill Belichick used a first round pick for a receiver, he brought in ab a few days after he hit the market, he also traded a second round pick for sanu. He is obviously not satisfied with the talent at the position and is taking rather drastic steps before the season, at the beginning of the season, and in the middle of the season to fix that problem. I would think with his 45 years of coaching experience he has a better grasp on how improving our wide receiver core effects our chances of winning a championship than anyone on this board.

If we added a TE who was 80% of the threat Gronk was it would improve the offense.
I could add if we got Emanuel Sander instead of Sanu it would have improved the offense, though it would have made no sense for next year.

All these things would have improved the offense just as much, if not MORE than adding Andtonio Brown. So Biff, if you are talking about "nonsensical" look in the mirror.
My main frame Joshua informs me an up-to-speed AB would bolster the NE offense by 7.3 points per game and cause Andy Reid to soil his boxer briefs 1.5 times per half

Bb- please send a picture of Jerry Jones, right after the loss to the patriots, to bob kraft with a note that says “this is what happens to owners that meddle in football personnel issues”.

then run to the phone and get brown signed ASAP!

Kyrie Irving. Only with more mental issues. Nets with Irving this year 4-7. Nets without Kyrie Irving this year 6-2. Celtics also better off without him. Kyrie - Remarkable talent - - and LESS of a headcase than Antonio Nicole.

It's amazing how many years of Patriot consistent winning some people cannot learn from. How 'bout those Cowboys this year??? Look at that all-world talent!!!! How 'bout the Browns?????? How 'bout those Steelers of the past decade since they won their last SB, the year before AB showed up??????

How many more real-world lessons are you going to be completely ignorant of?????
You really think he is capable of destroying a 10-1 team when he has two months of play left, winning and the GOAT throwing him the ball?

He wouldn’t be a problem in that way. The question is do you feel some moral dilemma about having him.

So bringing in a good blocking TE like Dwayne Allen or James Develin would improve the offense just as much as having an All-Pro WR at our disposal? Please, that’s stupid talk.

Ask Brady if he’d rather have Antonio Brown or all of the things you listed combined and he’d say AB.

Jesus.....this thread keeps getting resurrected.

hey..you're finally getting the hang of this message board mayhem, LJ...

No it won't. It will be 50 pages of gloating by the AB-at-all-costs contingent.
Until the Patriots then have to cut Brown again. Because it is always something with him. I can only imagine what it would be this time: maybe a secret video surfaces of Brown running an equestrian fighting ring. I have never heard of equestrian fighting, but knowing Brown, he'd be so proud as to have created it that he'd post a live feed on InstaFace.

Kyrie Irving is an excellent comparison for Antonio Brown. The only quibble is that a malcontent on a basketball team could more easily affect team chemistry because of the smaller roster size. Other than that, the Celtics are a great example of what a talented crazy person can do to a team given the chance.

(even supposing the extreme unlikeliness of re-signing --- and attempting to ask a serious question) How does it work with the $$$. I'm assuming the legality says AB doesn't just rejoin the team and the original contract comes back in full effect? Wouldn't the Patriots then be admitting they were wrong and are guaranteeing what they say they don't owe him? Wouldn't it have to be that AB agrees to tear up the old contract, agree to drop all grievances for all time regarding the old contract, and sign a new contract (one that assumingly would say: if you text, tweet, facebook or myface, if you get within 100 yards of the strip club VIP room, you are fired without any opportunity to collect any newly outlined guarantees :)), one that provides same exact dollars? Does the league or NFLPA even allow that kind of contract wrangling?

Maybe I'm over complicating it but for those REALLY wanting him to be re-signed, isn't there some very notable difficulties to overcome regarding existing monies, grievances, new contract wording, potential salary cap this or next year?

You really think he is capable of destroying a 10-1 team when he has two months of play left, winning and the GOAT throwing him the ball?

He wouldn’t be a problem in that way. The question is do you feel some moral dilemma about having him.

1st question: Yes 2nd question: No. No moral dilemma at all. To me it’s not about the accusations from outside at all. It is his attitude to taking orders from a coach. Just from a football team standpoint. BB cannot rely on the guy. Pure and simple.

Like I showed earlier, Celtics are better without Kyrie. Nets are better without Kyrie. The two flashiest teams in the NFL at the diva positions this year are the Browns and Cowboys. The Steelers last won the SB the year BEFORE AB came aboard. All 6 of the Patriots SB years they had middle of the pack talent at the diva positions - but were deep and strong throughout right down to the 53rd. All the proof is out there but the FFL statboys cannot comprehend the consistent real world examples.

Last edited:

The browns are in Ohio.

Bb- please send a picture of Jerry Jones, right after the loss to the patriots, to bob kraft with a note that says “this is what happens to owners that meddle in football personnel issues”.

then run to the phone and get brown signed ASAP!

Irony: Didn’t Kraft’s team WIN the game youre referencing?? Isn’t Kraft the winningest owner in the NFL the past quarter century????

Your post is unintentionally funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore