PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AB toying with us again

Status
Not open for further replies.
The browns are in Ohio.

Yes, they are! Good for you!

And the Cowboys are in Texas and the Steelers are in Pennsylvania. I think you’re ready to play the license plate game, Soliel!

Last edited:
@TheBostonStraggler The effects of the prior contract cannot be undone. There is no way to get back the 2019 salary cap space spent on Brown. Any new contract (even if he dropped the grievance) would consume more 2019 space on top of what the prior contract consumed.

Cap-wise a hypothetical Brown 2.0 is a completely different person than Brown 1.0.

@TheBostonStraggler The effects of the prior contract cannot be undone. There is no way to get back the 2019 salary cap space spent on Brown. Any new contract (even if he dropped the grievance) would consume more 2019 space on top of what the prior contract consumed.

Cap-wise a hypothetical Brown 2.0 is a completely different person than Brown 1.0.

...and both of them are Anna Nicole Smith.

...and both of them are Anna Nicole Smith.

dead? is THAT the summation? I actually had to think about that for a sec..

That is what makes me chuckle at all those postings saying "we pay him anyhow". Yeah, and you'd have to pay him a second time to sign him. Exactly what about his behaviour tells anyone he'd gladly sign min contract ?

Nice defining post for yourself, right there. How'd all that end up?

What's YOUR goal?

What is your point? Moss wasn’t responsible for the OLine’s deficiencies in the SB. And he still got us the go-ahead TD in the 4th Q. It’s impossible to argue that we’d be better off in the SB without him. And from a team-building perspective, Moss cost only $3m that year and only signed his $9m per year deal the next year so he had hardly any cap hit.

Bottom line: Moss was great for our 2007 team. The fact we lost the SB in 2007 doesn’t change that.

If we got a FB as good as Devlin it would improve the offense
If we added a C as athletic as Andrews it would improve the offense
If we added a TE who could block as well as Gronk it would improve the offense
If we added a TE who was 80% of the threat Gronk was it would improve the offense.
I could add if we got Emanuel Sander instead of Sanu it would have improved the offense, though it would have made no sense for next year.

All these things would have improved the offense just as much, if not MORE than adding Andtonio Brown. So Biff, if you are talking about "nonsensical" look in the mirror.

When am I saying we shouldn’t do that? We should get a TE or two that can block and catch. We should have taken one in the draft really. Injuries happen with C and FB. But WR and TE issues are poor planning, not injuries.

(even supposing the extreme unlikeliness of re-signing --- and attempting to ask a serious question) How does it work with the $$$. I'm assuming the legality says AB doesn't just rejoin the team and the original contract comes back in full effect? Wouldn't the Patriots then be admitting they were wrong and are guaranteeing what they say they don't owe him? Wouldn't it have to be that AB agrees to tear up the old contract, agree to drop all grievances for all time regarding the old contract, and sign a new contract (one that assumingly would say: if you text, tweet, facebook or myface, if you get within 100 yards of the strip club VIP room, you are fired without any opportunity to collect any newly outlined guarantees :)), one that provides same exact dollars? Does the league or NFLPA even allow that kind of contract wrangling?

Maybe I'm over complicating it but for those REALLY wanting him to be re-signed, isn't there some very notable difficulties to overcome regarding existing monies, grievances, new contract wording, potential salary cap this or next year?

Yes I would assume it would require settling AB’s lawsuit against the Pats and the grievance as part of the deal to re-join

That is what makes me chuckle at all those postings saying "we pay him anyhow". Yeah, and you'd have to pay him a second time to sign him. Exactly what about his behaviour tells anyone he'd gladly sign min contract ?

Double the alimony!!!!!

Yes they are! Good for you!

And the Cowboys are in Texas and the Steelers are in Pennsylvania. I think you’re ready to play the license plate game, Soliel!

You don’t understand.

Yes they are! Good for you!

And the Jests are in New Jersey. They really should be called the Jersey Jesters.

And the Jests are in New Jersey. They really should be called the Jersey Jesters.

I’ve got some other names for them but this site won’t let me say them lol

Players AND coaches want him back. But drunk, pervy old Bobby fears for his already tarnished reputation?

If we don’t win the Super Bowl and we get eliminated in part due to an anemic offense the blame is upon him.

AB = Super Bowl

It’s really that simple. And it’s infuriating that crusty Kraft can’t set aside his ego for the good of the team.

Players AND coaches want him back. But drunk, pervy old Bobby fears for his already tarnished reputation?

If we don’t win the Super Bowl and we get eliminated in part due to an anemic offense the blame is upon him.

AB = Super Bowl

It’s really that simple. And it’s infuriating that crusty Kraft can’t set aside his ego for the good of the team.
Are you a parody account?

I’m flabbergasted that the coaches and players are independently confirming at this stage of the season to journalists that they want AB back. This likely reflects

1. Everyone’s acknowledgment and frustration with the current state of the offense and the willingness to do anything to improve it
2. Their frustration with AB’s original release.

Of course they want him back. His work ethic has never been in question. The dude is a kook outside of the football field. That usually doesn’t matter here. What matters is how well you do your job and how hard you work at your craft. But with AB, his situation hit too close to home for ol’ Tuggy. Brown’s situation put Kraft’s early bird rub and tug back into the spotlight, so the owner decided to stick his nose into the football side of things. I’m sure Belichick absolutely loved that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe