PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Thought on Talent Evaluation

I prefer Hall over Bentley regardless of numbers

Hall is way better than Bentley. But Hall is barely a NFL player. Hall gave up 10 catches on 10 throws. And he wasn't amazing at stopping the run. However Bentley is flat out terrible. I think they have to go with some combination at LB of Winovich, Jennings, Uche, and hybrids with Philips and Dugger in the box. Bentley, Calhoun, Brooks, keep them on the bench if at all possible.

So you're discounting all of Meyers work and recent self-realization. What a shallow, bitter take.
Not at all. You attribute success to self-realization. Really? I also attribute it to lots of hard work with a quarterback with a quarterback who stays at work until 11, a quarterback that has greatly helped Meyers. Obviously, we should give huge kudos to Meyers for his success.

Hall is way better than Bentley. But Hall is barely a NFL player. Hall gave up 10 catches on 10 throws. And he wasn't amazing at stopping the run. However Bentley is flat out terrible. I think they have to go with some combination at LB of Winovich, Jennings, Uche, and hybrids with Philips and Dugger in the box. Bentley, Calhoun, Brooks, keep them on the bench if at all possible.
I hear you, but disagree.

We need 2 starting ILB's and a backup. We were playing with Hall and Jennings. The backup at this point is Bentley. I understand that often we play with only one true ILB. That doesn't change the fact that sometimes we use two. I like going into 2021 with Hall and Bentley as our camp competitors for the #3 ILB spot, perhaps competing with a rookie. We will have Jennings and likely a veteran, perhaps Hightower, perhaps another.

Yes, we are able to use other players to make up for the lack of talent/experience at ILB. I don't conclude that we shouldn't be looking to secure talent at that position.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back