PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Note to Bob Kraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone wealthy can throw money at something. That is not a skill. Neither is staying away from meddling when things are going historically great.

Making the money in such a quantity to be able to throw it at a professional football problem is a skill. Staying away from meddling is a skill...one that Bob had to learn in the 90's.

Making the money in such a quantity to be able to throw it at a professional football problem is a skill. Staying away from meddling is a skill...one that Bob had to learn in the 90's.

The professional football team is a money making machine so no none of this is more impressive than what other owners have done.

And we dont know if he learned anything about meddling because he has not experienced any setbacks except for the season where Brady got injured.

Lets see what happens in the post BB/Brady era when they have 4-5 years of missing the playoffs. If he lives that long.

A few points in there are comedy gold! :D

In the meantime, enjoy the North End lunch - I'm jealous!

As usual, I enjoyed the lunch, the wine and the people. Thanks.

He is much more than a custodian he allows all of this to happen.

Reasonable owners?? If Khan, Ford or Wilf owned the Pats the fans would be crapping their pants.

Khan Win/Loss... 26W and 54L
Ford Family Win/Loss.... 379W and 504L
Wilf Win/Loss.... 125W and 110L

Compare to Mr. Kraft..

289W and 125L, plus 33W and 14L in the playoffs... 9 Superbowl appearances, 6 SB's...

I don't remember seeing Kraft play. What number did he wear?

And we dont know if he learned anything about meddling because he has not experienced any setbacks except for the season where Brady got injured.

Hasn't experienced any setbacks? His coach was making plans to leave town to coach the Jets during Super Bowl week in 1996. He had to deal with mediocre-at-best Pete "Pumped and Jacked" Carrol after that.

Hasn't experienced any setbacks? His coach was making plans to leave town to coach the Jets during Super Bowl week in 1996. He had to deal with mediocre-at-best Pete "Pumped and Jacked" Carrol after that.
That was 23 years ago. In other words, children that were born the last time he had a setback could have completed a tour in Iraq and drink legally. Why? Because he does nothing when it comes to the football ops side (the AB fiasco aside). BB handles it. Someone puts a gun to your head and tells you that you have to go back in time and get rid of one of the three 19 years ago - BB, Brady, or Kraft, you’re lying to yourself if you say that you won’t pick Kraft 10 out of 10 times. You’d do that because Kraft is the most easily expendable/replaceable one in that group.

Last edited:
Yea, put me in with those who think Kraft is the least influential of the 3 (BB, TB, EBB). In fact, there are so many other players and coaches that would be ahead. Like another poster said, per BB, it is players that win games. Second would be coaches. EBB would be way down the list for reasons of the "football" success.

Staying away from meddling is a decision, not a skill. The ability to learn from one's mistakes is a skill.

3 things are true.

1). Bob Kraft did not play on the field, draw up any plays or win any games for the Patriots.

2). Bill Belichick never becomes the HC if the New England Patriots if there was no Bob Kraft.

3) Tom Brady never becomes a New England Patriot if Bill Belichick did not draft him at 199. In fact, Tom Brady might very well be an insurance salesman right now in San Francisco getting ready for the end of the year Christmas party in his firm and working on succession planning with his dad.

Nothing of this dynasty exists if just ONE of those puzzle pieces was missing. Take one out and it’s Pottersville.

It is what it is. The parlor game of ranking importance is useless.

Last edited:
Isn't the whole always greater than the sum of its parts anyway ?

A Bob to Kraft Note

3) Tom Brady never becomes a New England Patriot if Bill Belichick did not draft him at 199. In fact, Tom Brady might very well be an insurance salesman right now in San Francisco getting ready for the end of the year Christmas party in his firm and working on succession planning with his dad.
I have him spending a few years trying to make it with the Expos, but eventually moving on to a career as a financial analyst. He'd be AVP level by now.

What is it with all these pics of ugly thumbs?

The points have merit but I simply cannot complain considering the results.

What does win/loss have to to with him as owner ? The groundskeeper has more impact on the record than Kraft.

Anyone wealthy can throw money at something. That is not a skill. Neither is staying away from meddling when things are going historically great.

Give any of the above mentioned owners t he well oiled machine BB has designed and they end up with similar success.

If you have to ask that you will never understand... BB operates in the context of an organization that gave him freedom to operate as he does.

If you do not see what Kraft has done then you chose to be blind.. you are the one who mentioned how wonderful Khan, Wilf and Ford were. You can move the "goalposts" all you want but the facts are the facts...

Well Bob, I hope you are happy. Did Jerry put you on the christmas list yet? Didn't think so.

For a guy that talk about his "Patriots family," and "our great fans," you certainly do not show any signs of actually giving a damn.

Remember that time you told Tom you had his back, then backed the Bus right over him? We do.

You were praised like a hero for leaving your wife's deathbed to weasel the worst CBA in sport into existence. I hope the couple points of TV cash was worth it.

So i guess the joke is on us for being duped into thinking you had a spine. You are more worried about appearances than conviction. Every time, you have chosen capitulation before moral conviction.

You see Mr Kraft, every time one of those moments have presented themselves, you have literally chosen to capitulate and willingly accept obvious lies to stand as the truth of the story. I guess the one excpetion would be AB.

Is he a ****? Absolutely. Is he a criminal? Probably, its pretty clear he loves to stiff working folks. But I figured that would be something you two could bond over. The point still stands there arent any criminal sexual charges being pressed against AB, if there were going to be, they would have happened already. Your hypocrisy on the matter is noted.

Your disdain for honesty and accountability stretches so far as to weasel out of a fine over a handy, like some other old white dude in a blue quarter million dollar ride was on that tape.

You put up wellsreportincontext like you gave half a damn, while literally being the league mouthpiece to publicly announce the standing of a villanous suspension of an All Time Great. This year you cut the best WR in football, because he was accused of hot button crimes. Not convicted, not even accused in criminal court. After you yourself had to suppress video proof of the crime you were accused of, to skate by on a technicality. Talk about an elitist prick.

How many more SB does Brady have if you dont become Goodie's punching bag? For years we wrote off Gronk getting mauled because, well Gronk. Ben Watson made the Best Play That Never Was. I bet if you stood up to the peytie schtick a bit, theres a few of those that go differently. Tom would have wrecked the Bears. Tonight it was clear. Goodie knows you won't make him a fool. So he keeps giving it to you.

That Eagle's SB where Brady was lights out, and the Eagles kept getting bailed out by non-calls, and by Troy Vincent's own omission, a new replay standard? I know your team played well enough to win, it just wasn't a legitimate contest. A called TD on a play where there is obviously juggling on the way out of bounds...

Despite 3 or 4 irrefutably blown calls, you won't say a word. You owe your players better than that. Its happened before, it happened again tonight.

I guess what I'm saying, Mr. Kraft, is you and Roger are a lot alike. You have both sought out a reputation which you will never obtain. Roger may recon himself a real business man, doing business things. He's really just a mouthpiece. A paid schill to deliver indefensible decisions at the behest of those he seeks validation with.

Similarly, you both claim influence on your respective organizational success. Despite it being obviously apparent that the results are being held back by it's leadership's failure to get things right on the field or in the boardroom.

Posts like this are why Mr. Kraft has a frequent flyer card to the Orchids of Asia Day Spa.

EBB needs to be placed on the Commissioners exempt list for his involvement in spygate 2.0

EBB needs to be suspended for 4 games for his involvement in the asian spa debacle.

EBB is an outstanding owner.

If you do not see what Kraft has done then you chose to be blind.. you are the one who mentioned how wonderful Khan, Wilf and Ford were.

I didn't say they are wonderful I asked and have yet not received a single good argument why Kraft is better than them. All I get back are pointless remarks about "how I will never understand" or how "if you can't see it you must be blind" and yet nobody has yet been able to put Krafts accomplishments in the last 15 years into words.

You can move the "goalposts" all you want but the facts are the facts...

I am not moving any goal posts, I was the one who asked the question what Kraft accomplished and you -- or anyone -- were not able to answer it so far. Except bringing up a win/loss record where the groundskeeper or any scout had more impact on than Kraft.

If staying out of football ops and letting BB run his show is all that can be said about why he is a good owner then there is no difference between him and others. Because anyone would let a well oiled machine do its thing. That is not impressive.

And none of this is about bashing Kraft it is about having perspective when using words like "great". Words have meaning.

I didn't say they are wonderful I asked and have yet not received a single good argument why Kraft is better than them. All I get back are pointless remarks about "how I will never understand" or how "if you can't see it you must be blind" and yet nobody has yet been able to put Krafts accomplishments in the last 15 years into words.

I am not moving any goal posts, I was the one who asked the question what Kraft accomplished and you -- or anyone -- were not able to answer it so far. Except bringing up a win/loss record where the groundskeeper or any scout had more impact on than Kraft.

If staying out of football ops and letting BB run his show is all that can be said about why he is a good owner then there is no difference between him and others. Because anyone would let a well oiled machine do its thing. That is not impressive.

And none of this is about bashing Kraft it is about having perspective when using words like "great". Words have meaning.

I’ll give you one more (and I did earlier list more than 12):

Kraft has made 2 HC hires: compare those 2 hires and their career accomplishments to the best 2 HC hire choices of any other owner alive today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes