On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Isaiah Wynn
Ja'whaun Bentley
Ryan Izzo

Duke Dawson
Christian Sam
Braxton Barios

Almost every year there is at least 1 drafted player who ends up on IR to start the season. Bentley was on the field for a good part of the first three games and Izzo made the roster, but both missed most of the year. Barios and Dawson have found a roster spot for now on another team, but they were not making ours.

A lot is made of the impact missing your first year in the league has. Will be interesting to see how the year for those three turns out. Perhaps more so because we have N'keal Harry (I know the story is he will return, but if the receiving corps jells there may not be room for him), Yodny Cajuste, Hjalte Froholdt currently out and the upside is supposed to be strong for all three.

Well, Duke Dawson and Barrios did make it through, just with other teams. Sam is I guess a fee agent. Or is he on our PS.

Rooting hard for Wynn & Bentley. Hoping they are players we’ll still see performing at high levels in 5-6 years.

Well, Duke Dawson and Barrios did make it through, just with other teams. Sam is I guess a fee agent. Or is he on our PS.
Sam is on the Dolphins practice squad.

They all made it, they just didn't all make it with the Patriots.

“Barios”
“Barrios”

upload_2019-9-2_22-54-35.gif

With the exception of maybe Izzo, the difference between the two lists is the players in the first list looked good before they got hurt in the preseason and the players in the second list looked like JAGs. You could tell their rookie year.

Isaiah Wynn
Ja'whaun Bentley
Ryan Izzo

Duke Dawson
Christian Sam
Braxton Barios

Almost every year there is at least 1 drafted player who ends up on IR to start the season. Bentley was on the field for a good part of the first three games and Izzo made the roster, but both missed most of the year. Barios and Dawson have found a roster spot for now on another team, but they were not making ours.

A lot is made of the impact missing your first year in the league has. Will be interesting to see how the year for those three turns out. Perhaps more so because we have N'keal Harry (I know the story is he will return, but if the receiving corps jells there may not be room for him), Yodny Cajuste, Hjalte Froholdt currently out and the upside is supposed to be strong for all three.
All due respect willard, this thread topic is bad juju. Don't blaspheme in front of the football gods and draw their ire upon us.

With the exception of maybe Izzo, the difference between the two lists is the players in the first list looked good before they got hurt in the preseason and the players in the second list looked like JAGs. You could tell their rookie year.

agreed, and part of that can be reflected somewhat in the round they were drafted
the second is how deep their positions are (CB is deep, so is LB/DE, WR but T is light and so is TE...so highest correlations between initial potential and team need as opposed to being hurt/red shirted or not i think

From this point forward, whenever I think of the Little Duke (but Not of Dorchester) Dawson,
I will Always think of Both DB Justin Reid And DL (& local legacy) Maurice Hurst Jr...

Whenever I think of Christian Sam, I will think of WR Deon Cain...

And whenever I think of Braxton Barrio, I will think of LB Leon Jacobs.

From this point forward, whenever I think of the Little Duke (but Not of Dorchester) Dawson,
I will Always think of Both DB Justin Reid And DL (& local legacy) Maurice Hurst Jr...

Whenever I think of Christian Sam, I will think of WR Deon Cain...

And whenever I think of Braxton Barrio, I will think of LB Leon Jacobs.

And whenever I see Joe Thuney destroy a defensive lineman, I will think about his t-rex arms and how he sucks.

Translation: your "I was right" stance would work better if you would admit you're wrong a considerable amount as well.

And whenever I see Joe Thuney destroy a defensive lineman, I will think about his t-rex arms and how he sucks.

Translation: your "I was right" stance would work better if you would admit you're wrong a considerable amount as well.
I've already done that in the past, and will do so when appropriate in the future...but in the cases I mentioned, I'm not wrong.

All due respect willard, this thread topic is bad juju. Don't blaspheme in front of the football gods and draw their ire upon us.
source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes