PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dont get this move by Trubisky. This guy is still young, was highly touted. You would think he would go to a team where he could compete for a starting job to revive his career. In 2018 he looked at least promising with 24tds and 12 interceptions

Instead he goes to a team where he has NO chance of ever seeing the field. and next year will be back on the market all over again showing teams nothing. Has to make you question his compete and drive.
He wasn’t getting a chance to start. I don’t know what’s in his head but if I’m trying to build a case I’d say this.
Buffalo has a good team and had a good passing offense last year.
Allen is a little bit reckless when he runs.
If Allen gets injured, he gets a chance to step into the lineup with a team that gives him a good supporting cast, a good chance to win, and a chance to rebuild his reputation with a 3-4 game run.

Carr might not be happy behind the Raiders OLine, due they actually have any OLine left?

Clearly this is a case of Mike Vrabel the GM getting in the way of Mike Vrabel the coach...
Gilmore traded.

Bill signs Malcolm

PatsFans melts.
In Frank Herbert's Dune series, there's a group of future Luddites called "Butlerians" who smash all the "thinking machines." Herbert was merely presciently capturing the moment that Patsfans.com users first cut ties with their cybernetic overlord, Intelligence, Artificial, NewEngland (IAN), as node after node went dark (with cans of beer suffusing supporting distributed infrastructure.)
Carr might not be happy behind the Raiders OLine, due they actually have any OLine left?
They due. At age 58, I'm currently second on their depth chart at both tackle positions (which I hope does not conflict with my responsibilities at QB for the Patriots.)

Cousins,
Some of you might remember when the Pats Drafted Jim Plunkett and Randy Vataha of Stanford. As a rookie Vataha had 9 TDs form his Stanford mate Plunkett.
Mills to Fehoko has that same ring...ha.
I saw Mills workout with Fehoko and watched bot on them on tape. Be perfectly fine with both around 3rd round (swap some of our 4ths) and a stud or two in Round 1 and 2.
I giggled when I heard Mills was not athletic when he might be the second fastest in ths QB class. at 4.59.

In 15 Games (started 11) he threw for 18 TDs and 3468 yards at a 65.5% completion rate and a QB rating of 141.9

If you pair them in the Draft, "they will come".
I've been a fan of both. Mills doesn't have much mobility imo. Not quite as sluggish as Trask but it takes him a while to get going. I was shocked seeing that 40 time but I'm adding a .5 or is it .05 or 5.0 @reamer ? Probably not much of a difference.
Anyway yea I've been on both. Wouldn't mind both at all.
Ohio State QB? I don't think I am sold. I am scared to death about Justin Fields because of Dwayne Haskins. Think of Terelle Pryor Think of Cardale Jones. Think of Art Schlichter so I am not "gambling" on Fields if I am the Pats.
The best Ohio State QB in the pros was actually on the Patriots for three seasons......Who was he? Anybody......anybody? ....Tom Tupa..
I understand why people think this way but if you're really evaluating prospects you have to block it out or just recognize it really means nothing. Different prospects, people. A case of what's asked to do vs what you can do. Also Fields ran a different system than those guys.
Yes I would take Mac Jones, Trey Lance, Kyle Trask or Davis Mills over Fields.

I heard Fields sing and that was it for me.
DW Toys
I guess we'll see. That's part of the fun.

Has there been any word on White?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back