PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: April Edition

Hurst seems a bit redundant with Wise, but he won't cost a lot. Then again, the Pats are CUTTING people right now, as their roster is too thick with the draft coming.

I'd still take Sheldon Richardson, though.

Agree about at least taking a look at Richardson...But Mo Hurst > the Grotesquely over-paid Dee Notso Wise.

You really have no clue about anything, do you? Neither are vested vets, so both have to clear waivers first, so the Pats can’t just sign them. Hurst is likely to be claimed by one of the 14 teams ahead of the Pats. IF he reaches them, they should CLAIM Hurst, although Mayock probably called Bill, among others, to see if he could get a late rd pick for him, before waiving him.

Key has three sacks in 37 career games on the edge. Some beast. Lol.

Always with the personal insults, especially when your position becomes untenable...That's why I have people like you on Ignore.

Agree about at least taking a look at Richardson...But Mo Hurst > the Grotesquely over-paid Dee Notso Wise.
How do you figure that Wise is over-paid at 5.25M per year?

Hurst's numbers have gone down pretty drastically since his rookie year. Hurst has had 10 hurries, 7 knockdowns, 8 sacks and 8 TFLs in the last three years.
Wise has had 21 hurries, 19 knockdowns, 9 sacks and 9 TFLs during that same time..

And Hurst took about 50 more snaps during that time as well.

You're attempt to compare two significantly different players is just dumb.

Wise is in the "Elephant" mold (6'5-275) similar to McGinest where Hurst (6'2-292) is a tweener and doesn't really fit into something the Patriots have had previously.

Always with the personal insults, especially when your position becomes untenable...That's why I have people like you on Ignore.

His position isn't the one that is UNTENABLE. Yours is.. 95% of the time yours is.. And yet you cling to it as if it's some life raft and not an anchor that drags you down into the depths of worthlessness.

How do you figure that Wise is over-paid at 5.25M per year?

Hurst's numbers have gone down pretty drastically since his rookie year. Hurst has had 10 hurries, 7 knockdowns, 8 sacks and 8 TFLs in the last three years.
Wise has had 21 hurries, 19 knockdowns, 9 sacks and 9 TFLs during that same time..

And Hurst took about 50 more snaps during that time as well.

You're attempt to compare two significantly different players is just dumb.

Wise is in the "Elephant" mold (6'5-275) similar to McGinest where Hurst (6'2-292) is a tweener and doesn't really fit into something the Patriots have had previously.
Cousin, Why couldn't Richardson play that role? He is a lite DT and only 294LBs. Wise is 275LBs He actual has 7 PD in his last two years compared to Wise...0. He is obviously a player who could rush from a 3rd down interior spot. and push the pocket. Neither one should be accused of being an OLB.

I will ask you a honest question, if you could get Richardson for the same $ as Wise this year, who would you take? Not saying he would take it but I would like him in our rotation.

BB said it's not all about sacks. Richardson had 12 hurries in 2020 and Wise had 9.

FYI they both had 4.9 40 times but Richardson has the weight.

Who would you want to set the edge?
DW Toys

Last edited:
Last 3 years (hursts career)

Hurst
Snaps 1271
Tackles 51 asst 25
Sacks 8
Qb hits 17

Wise 1226
Tackles 62 asst 43
Sacks 9
QBs hits 37

Statistics disagree significantly with your argument.

I only insult those who deserve it, and if you don’t recognize why you qualify, would clearly lack self-awareness.

Your consistent anti-BB bias, unceasing negativity and apparent disinterest in advancing the discussions here because of your laser focus on an agenda (post after post after post) causes this site to be less enjoyable and much more clownish. When you disappear for a few days, it is truly a blessing.

Your negativity and tired schtick (your nicknames aren’t creative or funny) would be slightly more tolerable if you made well-researched, reasonable player recommendations, but you don’t. When you put on your GM hat, it is usually a disaster, which makes your criticism of virtually all of Belichick’s moves even more laughable.

Cousin Stone. Wasn't Washington the original Boston Yanks football Team? I could see some votes for that name.
DW Toys
No, they were originally the Boston Braves, sharing the baseball team’s name and stadium. The baseball team kicked them out and the Red Sox let them play at Fenway only if they changed the name (didn’t want to advertise their rival). George Marshall was cheap (in his defense he was barely making money) and didn’t want to spend the money changing their uniforms or logo, so he tried to find a native name that had R and S in it to match the Red Sox. That’s what he came up with. They spent just the one year at Fenway, Marshall got so mad at Boston’s lack of support that his team hosted the NFL championship game in New York, and they left for Washington the following year and the rest is history (and kept the name due to same cheapness).

The Boston Yanks were formed later, in the 1940s, and could be considered a predecessor to the Indianapolis Colts although the NFL doesn’t recognize them as such because there were several franchise cancellations involved rather than direct movement. History of the Baltimore Colts - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Is that you, Mjolnir?

Cousin Stone. Wasn't Washington the original Boston Yanks football Team? I could see some votes for that name.
DW Toys

Washington was the original Boston Redskins I believe, and weren't the Yanks an NFL expansion team during the 1940s to replace the Redskins after they left Boston during the mid '30s...?

Here's a little bit more on the subject:

EDIT: Thanks to Hammer of Thor for shedding even more light on the weird history of these franchises.

Last edited:

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Back