PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: April Edition

Assuming all the unnamed picks wash out relatively evenly, this looks like a good move for the Chiefs. They need a tackle, and just got a 24 year old pro bowler for the 31st overall pick. I feel like Brown is the type of player you'd hope to draft there anyway if you're the Chiefs.

KC's O-line is stacked now...dif

Brown, Thuney, Blythe, Devurnay-Tardif, Remmers. And Kyle Long off the bench

You are correct, we aren't paying him $9M. If he plays only one year and is cut, he will make $10M.

If he plays in 2022, he will an additional $5M.

His total contract is 2/$15M
=====================
So, cap referred to the guaranteed $9M. Sure we also have the option to pay him more than Jones in 2022 also, but that is another issue.

Yeah Godsmack ain't seeing that 2nd year; no way no how...

Last edited:
Yes, Godchaux (310) and Davis (320) are 2 of our 5 players who are over 300 pounds.

3 others are Guy (318), Spence (307) and Adams (304).

Cowart and Wise also sometimes play inside.
===============
I suspect that (barring injuries), we will keep Guy, Godchaux, Wise and Cowart. Adams (most likely), Davis, Spence and Anderson are competing for the 5th other roster spots.
============

I don't see us drafting a defensive biggie in the first 4 rounds.

That ain't ****ing good enough; not by a damn sight...

The Chiefs really want another crack at the Bucs.

The Chiefs really want another crack at the Bucs.

They have Super bowl loser hangover written all over them, and now that’s there’s just one first round bye they’re really in trouble if they drop a couple extra games.

They are worse now than they were at the start of last season. They’re just no longer the dumpster fire that they were in the Super Bowl.
HUH? How do you figure they are WORSE now than the start of last season when they've added 2 ALL-PRO quality players in Thuney and Brown? Did I mention they're also getting their ALL-PRO guard in Tardif back??

• Agree
Reactions: jah
HUH? How do you figure they are WORSE now than the start of last season when they've added 2 ALL-PRO quality players in Thuney and Brown? Did I mention they're also getting their ALL-PRO guard in Tardif back??

Brown was never an all pro at any level.

And their left tackle last year was one of the best in the league.

A healthy Tampa team with AB slaughters a healthy KC team
A healthy and protected Mahomes is a completely different animal than the Mahomes we say in last year's Super Bowl, and that makes a huge difference to the Chiefs. Talking that team down based upon that game is similar to talking Brady down based upon the last few games he played in New England with the OL, WR and TE groups all being sub-NFL level.

A healthy and protected Mahomes is a completely different animal than the Mahomes we say in last year's Super Bowl, and that makes a huge difference to the Chiefs. Talking that team down based upon that game is similar to talking Brady down based upon the last few games he played in New England with the OL, WR and TE groups all being sub-NFL level.

The Bucs basically stopped trying to score halfway through the 3rd quarter.

Also it’s funny how Mahomes never seems to be healthy. Maybe his style of play just isn’t sustainable?

The Bucs basically stopped trying to score halfway through the 3rd quarter.

Also it’s funny how Mahomes never seems to be healthy. Maybe his style of play just isn’t sustainable?
Running quarterbacks are more susceptible to injury, which is just one of the reason why I hate running quaterbacks. Still, the Chiefs have gone to the playoffs six years in a row, reached the AFCCG three years in a row, gone the Super Bowl twice in a row, and won the Super Bowl just a year ago.

I mean, let's be honest. Even with all the issues the Chiefs had entering that game, if any QB but Brady was leading the Bucs, we're almost certainly talking about the Chiefs as a repeating champion.

Mahomes career, including playoffs:

44-10

Mahomes career against Brady, including playoffs:
1-3

Mahomes career against everyone but Brady, including playoffs:

43-7

Running quarterbacks are more susceptible to injury, which is just one of the reason why I hate running quaterbacks. Still, the Chiefs have gone to the playoffs six years in a row, reached the AFCCG three years in a row, gone the Super Bowl twice in a row, and won the Super Bowl just a year ago.

I mean, let's be honest. Even with all the issues the Chiefs had entering that game, if any QB but Brady was leading the Bucs, we're almost certainly talking about the Chiefs as a repeating champion.

Feels real similar to that Seahawks run at the start of the last decade.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back