PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Offensive Line discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Cannon was out last year. It's possible the O-line could be better than last year's even with Solder's loss....

Cannon played 7 games last year, and was the starter when healthy. If we're going to play the "but this guy is better than the 3rd string backup who finished the season on the other side of the line..." sort of thing, we're not really getting into anything that matters.

Before we can speculate whether this year's offensive line is better, Scarnecchia
has to get his best five players on the field and watch them play together. At best,
this will not occur until mid to late August.

Am pretty stoked about oline and Michel this offseason.

Just think the wild card is going to be the LT position. I imagine if they can somehow fit Wynn and Mason at guards with a much improved Andrews at center, the runs up the middle are gonna be the best since 04 like Kontra said. haven't had that here in a long time.

Got to admit, I'm intriqued by The aquisition of Brown and think BB and Scar are too. They saw an opportunity to get a player that may have been vastly underrated that they know can turn into a starting LT here. Especially with Skar coaching him up.

I also like the idea of Wynn being able to get a chance to prove himself at LT, but can't help but think Cannon or Brown will be the front runners. Especially with Waddle still in the mix somewhere.

Kind of like a no duh, but LT needs to be solved
Brown or Wynn will solidify the LT spot.

Last edited:
We can speculate at any time we wish to. Barring injuries or players cut, I won't have much more information by mid August. My speculation is that Scar will be able to come to have our line in as good a spot as in 2017, perhaps in late August, perhaps by midseason.
Scar has many, many options. But 4 of the 5 members of a very reasonable OL are returning.

Personally, I expect that Scar would be able to have the OL doing very well with Waddle and Cannon as our starting OT's. He now has more options.

Before we can speculate whether this year's offensive line is better, Scarnecchia
has to get his best five players on the field and watch them play together. At best,
this will not occur until mid to late August.

We can speculate at any time we wish to. Barring injuries or players cut, I won't have much more information by mid August. My speculation is that Scar will be able to come to have our line in as good a spot as in 2017, perhaps in late August, perhaps by midseason.
Scar has many, many options. But 4 of the 5 members of a very reasonable OL are returning.

Personally, I expect that Scar would be able to have the OL doing very well with Waddle and Cannon as our starting OT's. He now has more options.
In Scar we trust, but I wouldn’t be running to the betting windows with La’Adrian (who names their kid La’Adrian?) as my choice. He makes for a nice swing tackle option, but that’s about it.

In Scar we trust, but I wouldn’t be running to the betting windows with La’Adrian (who names their kid La’Adrian?) as my choice. He makes for a nice swing tackle option, but that’s about it.
Last post is a bit odd
It’s a direct quote from Fitzy, in one of his “things Pats fans say” videos. Don’t shoot the messenger. I assumed that most would get the inside joke. I also assumed that we could come to an agreement that La’Adrian was a pretty unique name.

Last edited:
Good find BGC. I like lists like these that make it easier to compare personnel of the same position groups of different teams.

I wonder, now that Detroit drafted both Ragnow & Tyrell Crosby - and claimed Adam Bisnowaty off waivers from the Vagiants 2 weeks ago, what their price would be for Joe Dahl, who I liked more than Thuney in the 2016 draft and who might be better-equipped to be an emergency LT than anybody else on the Pats. I would also keep an eye on Tennessee's Corey Levin for the same reason.

Yeah ^ I still see Waddle as the primary backup at RT and Wynn as the primary backup at LT, ass-uming that Cannon is ready for Week 1. The more interesting battles are those for the 2 backup C/G positions, one of which will likely go to Karras, although he was waived during cut-downs last year, so who really knows? All I know is that I really hope that neither Croston nor Tobin "wins" the 9th OL spot.

It doesn’t really make sense to have a LT backup and a RT backup on the gameday active roster. One player is going to have to be able to do both.

Looking back on this thread from preseason (why not we have 2 weeks to ruminate on everything), it ended up that the TBrown-Thuney-Andrews-Mason-Cannon lineup has been dominant. Zero sacks in the playoffs so far. A ton of playoff rushing yards and rush TDs. Every time they run right off tackle, good things happen. With Gronk and Allen blocking more too, this OLine is elite in both pass and run blocking.

Brown-Thuney-Andrews-Mason-Cannon

Massive fan of our possible O-Line dominance that could happen! We can give Brady a running game he has rarely had and when the sad time comes for Brady to retire we could have a very experienced line which can look after the next QB. I also feel it will give us a better chance of being able to control the clock a lot better as well!

Can we just imagine a dominate O-Line that provides a power running style to go along with Brady?! Would be brilliant to see!

Our O-Line with Allen and Gronk in, that could be a very hard line to stop in the running game!

Cannot wait to see what happens!
Prescient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes