PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

Maybe the Bruins pulled a Belichick before the super bowl in 2004. St Louis's newspaper accidentally released an article proclaiming the blues as stanley cup champions and talked about the parade and it even discussed the parade route.

Maybe the Bruins pulled a Belichick before the super bowl in 2004. St Louis's newspaper accidentally released an article proclaiming the blues as stanley cup champions and talked about the parade and it even discussed the parade route.

FredEx made BB's job too easy.

lol he only caught one pass

FredEx doesn't deliver on Sunday :)

Meanwhile, TO earned a spot in Canton for that game alone. One of the most heroic sports performances I can recall. 14 targets, 9 catches, 122 yards.

Super Bowl XXXIX - Wikipedia

Owens was cleared to play in Super Bowl XXXIX, defying doctors orders by playing on his injured ankle containing 2 screws and a metal plate.

Clayton: Simply amazing

Just seven weeks ago, Owens broke his leg and tore a critical ligament in his right ankle. He needed surgery and his surgeon wouldn't clear him to play against the Patriots. The medical world thought he was crazy. Owens fooled them all by playing 62 of 72 offensive snaps and catching nine passes for 122 yards.

It might have been the most courageous performance in Super Bowl history. To no one's surprise, T.O. was the first off the field and the first to the podium in the postgame interview room. Even though the Eagles were the losers, 24-21, in Super Bowl XXXIX, Owens was a big winner.

He did what was considered impossible.

maxresdefault.jpg

You’re thinking of Philly, although New England does seem to be damn good at crushing the spirit of all things Missouri.

FredEx doesn't deliver on Sunday :)

Meanwhile, TO earned a spot in Canton for that game alone. One of the most heroic sports performances I can recall. 14 targets, 9 catches, 122 yards.

Super Bowl XXXIX - Wikipedia

Owens was cleared to play in Super Bowl XXXIX, defying doctors orders by playing on his injured ankle containing 2 screws and a metal plate.

Clayton: Simply amazing

Just seven weeks ago, Owens broke his leg and tore a critical ligament in his right ankle. He needed surgery and his surgeon wouldn't clear him to play against the Patriots. The medical world thought he was crazy. Owens fooled them all by playing 62 of 72 offensive snaps and catching nine passes for 122 yards.

It might have been the most courageous performance in Super Bowl history. To no one's surprise, T.O. was the first off the field and the first to the podium in the postgame interview room. Even though the Eagles were the losers, 24-21, in Super Bowl XXXIX, Owens was a big winner.

He did what was considered impossible.

maxresdefault.jpg
It was an impressive performance, indeed.

It was an impressive performance, indeed.

Mcnabb was on that team too right?

Such a much better/likeable philly team to lose a Sb to than the one we actually lost to

Mcnabb was on that team too right?

Such a much better/likeable philly team to lose a Sb to than the one we actually lost to
Yeah, McNabb is best known for getting sick in the huddle near the end, but I’m not sure that we talk enough about his ability to overcome that and continue playing. After all, they did have the ball with a chance to tie at the end, as improbable as it would’ve been.

Owens played a really gutsy game and gave them a shot. Of course, it didn’t hurt that then-rookie Randall Gay was giving him huge cushions, either. I’m not sure which team I liked better, but both games turned out to be pretty decent matchups.

Plus a letter from the team owner congratulating them.

Also, I'm glad to see that it's only St Louis who can't be called for a slewfoot. They had no trouble calling it on the Bs tonight.

I’m cool with it. If I’m being honest I’d rather play this way and take it to 7 than try to skate and play the Bs style and be out in 4 to 5.

Big difference between playing a heavy game and out and out dirty headshots, crosschecks into the boards and running the goalie. The Blues are dirty, dirty, dirty, and that isn’t a good look or what should be representative of Stanley Cup champions.

Outstanding hockey game last night

Onto Boston for game 7

Tuukka is just awesome, playing out if his mind. I hope he gets a shutout for game 7. Then wins the MVP award and of course the Cup.

Great ending to a season and another championship for the Boston area.

Go Bruins

Absolute hockey noob here. How long does a game last on tv? Including breaks, timeouts etc.?

I think you’re right. I was pleasantly surprised. The initial thought of sitting Backes again didn’t sit well with me, but Kuhlman gave them a much needed spark. It was good to see them win more puck battles.
Sentimentality got Buckner in the game over Stapleton.

Kuhlman skated hard last night and was feisty.

Not even Max Kellerman thinks that lol. Although if he needed a fix Andy would probably be more than willing to argue the point :rolleyes:

I’ve seen a number of comments in this thread saying just that. Deus has said it a number of times, and Woolster just did the same in response to my comment.

Last edited:
someone is looking for the # of the Witness Protection Program

How many t-shirts of that St Louis Dispatch mistake will Fitzy and townienews.com be selling on the streets of Boston the next few days?????

Bruins winning games by 4 and 5 goals, while the Blues win OT games and games with bizarrely missed penalties leading to winning goals. Get an early lead Wednesday and get this thing done.

Sample size is large enough now to declare:

Binnington should be a #2 on a bad team.
Blues can’t play from behind.
St Louis lacks skill players
Given St Louis’ domination of possession in Boston’s zone, the Bruins have mastered the Rope a dope. ..... prone but taking no substantial blows
The Tuuka from conference finals was back last night

Hockey players are the toughest bastards in sports. The B’s playoff run is 50% more games than an NFL season

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back