PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

Hes a sports radio host up here in Boston from 10-2 on The Sports Hub.

Hes a moron.

That 2nd sentence was superfluous. If someone is a radio host on 'The Sports Hub' it's axiomatic they are a moron.

giphy.gif

Hes a sports radio host up here in Boston from 10-2 on The Sports Hub.

Hes a moron.
I try not to body shame, but jeez, guy needs to get his life in shape, pun intended. Doesn't he have kids? Get that man a lap-band asap.

I try not to body shame, but jeez, guy needs to get his life in shape, pun intended. Doesn't he have kids? Get that man a lap-band asap.
He has 3 small children.

I think in the past year hes put on more weight. Hes gotta be over 300 easy.

I've never been "overweight" but as someone in their late 40s I absolutely need to watch what I eat. Processed sugar, booze, saturated fat, processed breads & meats are all evil (but taste good).

I don't know if he has a psychological issue or he just has a food addiction but I agree. Clearly exercise is a foreign concept to him.

If he continues down this path he won't make it to his children's college graduation or weddings

He has 3 small children.

I think in the past year hes put on more weight. Hes gotta be over 300 easy.

I've never been "overweight" but as someone in their late 40s I absolutely need to watch what I eat. Processed sugar, booze, saturated fat, processed breads & meats are all evil (but taste good).

I don't know if he has a psychological issue or he just has a food addiction but I agree. Clearly exercise is a foreign concept to him.

If he continues down this path he won't make it to his children's college graduation or weddings

I have no idea how tall Marc is, but I'm a mushy 6'2, 240 (heaviest I have ever been). He's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger than I am.

My mom's side of the family are all morbidly obese (talking multiple people north of 450).....so its been a example to stray from for me.

I got two under 5 so combined with turning 36 (and the slow down of the body) I have started to make better life choices not just for me, but for them.

Marc should do the same.

Other than Shaunnessy, he's the only guy who pisses me off more than Felger. But here's the thing that REALLY drives me crazy. One of the major companies that advertises on the station is a WEIGHT loss company. Christ, half the guys who work there have gone there and lost a TON of weight. Occasionally I catch the TV simulcast on the NBCsports channel, and when I see him sitting in front of the weight loss company's logo, while growing fatter as I watch makes me want to throttle him. "Turn around. Take a hint", I scream at the TV, but to no apparent avail. ;)

You would think someone at the station would tell him. I'd be surprised if the company hasn't asked him to use their services for free. He's be a great marketing boon for them at 100 lbs lighter. Clearly he must have turned them down. Its like he WANTS to be fat and unhealthy.

I have no idea how tall Marc is, but I'm a mushy 6'2, 240 (heaviest I have ever been). He's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger than I am.

My mom's side of the family are all morbidly obese (talking multiple people north of 450).....so its been a example to stray from for me.

I got two under 5 so combined with turning 36 (and the slow down of the body) I have started to make better life choices not just for me, but for them.

Marc should do the same.
Trying to fit in with your chosen profession? ;)

Marc should do the same.

I have hereditary cholesterol and blood pressure issues. My parents are also in good shape and they are on meds. I'm ok on both fronts because I control it with my diet & exercise as I really don't want to go on medication. I'm sure someday i'll need to go on it but I want to push it off as long as I am able.

Other than Shaunnessy, he's the only guy who pisses me off more than Felger. But here's the thing that REALLY drives me crazy. One of the major companies that advertises on the station is a WEIGHT loss company. Christ, half the guys who work there have gone there and lost a TON of weight. Occasionally I catch the TV simulcast on the NBCsports channel, and when I see him sitting in front of the weight loss company's logo, while growing fatter as I watch makes me want to throttle him. "Turn around. Take a hint", I scream at the TV, but to no apparent avail. ;)

You would think someone at the station would tell him. I'd be surprised if the company hasn't asked him to use their services for free. He's be a great marketing boon for them at 100 lbs lighter. Clearly he must have turned them down. Its like he WANTS to be fat and unhealthy.
No kidding. Sports Hub has this partnership with Awaken 180 Weight Loss and you have Beetle stuffing Twinkies and Table Talk pies down his gullet in between commercial breaks.

I can't imagine he hasn't TRIED to lose weight, I'm sure it's difficult for him.. which is why I agree with RW, there's some underlying psychological/food issues that prevent him from making any progress. Full disclosure, I've never had to deal with weight issues so I can't really put myself in his shoes whatsoever, but I do believe if I did have to deal with weight issues, I could/would prevent myself from becoming morbidly obese, which I'm pretty sure he is...

It went over my head, whatever your point was.
IT guys and being overweight. At least in my office, that’s the case. Our contribution toward medical benefits keeps going up every year and I swear to God that it’s because of the people in IT. They sit at their desks and guzzle down gallons of Mountain Dew and pounds of chocolate and Doritos every day.

IT guys and being overweight. At least in my office, that’s the case. Our contribution toward medical benefits keeps going up every year and I swear to God that it’s because of the people in IT. They sit at their desks and guzzle down gallons of Mountain Dew and pounds of chocolate and Doritos every day.

Oh gotcha. Ya I am not in that sort of IT.....hence why I was confused.

I am in the pounding booze and blowing enough coke to kill a small horse side of IT....

Unfortunately for me I guess, Coke isn't my thing.

Anybody like grilled Italian sausage with peppers and onions?

Everybody's metabolism is a bit different, but I think for most folks activity (or lack thereof) is every bit as much a contributing factor as diet. I'm a foodie. I don't avoid processed and fast food as a health issue so much as I do as a taste and lifestyle choice, good food well prepared is one of my passions, as is a quality adult beverage. I'm no workout warrior but have always been a fairly active outdoorsman. Despite eating whatever the hell I want whenever I wanted I'm fortunate to have never really had a weight issue, but I now have a conditioning issue. I had a nasty motorcycle accident last season when an elderly woman backed out of her driveway directly into me and the resulting inactivity has done a job on me. I weigh less now than I did then but have gone seriously soft in what seems to me to be a comparatively short period of time and that is far more disconcerting to me than the pain or ongoing physical limitations. I just can't imagine how a relatively young guy like Bertrand can look in a mirror and not freak out enough to change what he sees in order to do better for his family. Our condition isn't just about us, it's about them.

I think sitting Backes is a mistake. We need his presence down low and he brings a toughness. Top line needs to play well. I probably wont be on here tonight so LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
like i said...great coaching decision to sit Backes and insert Kuhlman into the lineup. As expected, it pays off and he scores a big goal.

woof

As to the Bruins game, a couple of thoughts:

1. I have followed the Bruins for a long time. That's one of the few perks of being old. Great memories. Growing up they were awful. Think about it. They were in a 6 team league where 4 make the playoffs......and they were NEVER in the playoffs. :eek:

That's why Bobby Orr might be the most impactful player ever to come to Boston. His arrival COMPLETELY changed not only how the team played on the ice, but on how hockey itself was perceived in this city.... literally. His arrival sparked a building boom of Municipal rinks across Massachusetts and made it a hot bed of hockey talent.

Summers I worked at bars through most of the 70's. A number of which the Bruins of that era often frequented. I worked at a bar Sanderson owned and played softball with him in the bar league. Twice I had to throw Wayne Cashman out when he had too much. Now THAT was a wild group of guys who knew how to party. Even then you noticed Orr. He was quiet, never a problem, but you couldn't miss that special aura about him, and how he carried himself.

Later I got to coach Mike O'Connell, who had a great career with the Blackhawks and later as a GM for the Bruins. But when I knew him he was the QB on my JV football team who was tough enough to play LB on defense. Great kid.

2. Like football, hockey has changed a LOT since the 70's and 80's. And like football its a lot less physical. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about that. Watching end to end action in a hockey game is thrilling, but I sometimes miss the contact.....even the occasional fight. I think because of the lack of fighting, which can be a form of self policing, the game's physical play become more of a cheap shot contest. There was a time where if someone "slew footed" you, he'd be in for a beating, and thus you didn't see it as much.

3. After missing that call in game 5, you might have suspected that calls in game 6 might have tipped a bit to the Bruins side. You'd have been wrong. Quite the opposite. I thought the Blues got away with a lot of things that the B's were being called for. I don't mind if the swallow the whistle, but I expect it to be called the same way for BOTH sides. That didn't happen in game six.

4. Carlo's goal once again shows how random it is sometimes to score a goal. Sometimes luck is critical to a team's success.

5. I'm not sure of the answer, but it seems to me that in this series the team who scores the first goal of the game wins it. So obviously getting the first one will be critical in game 7.

6. The Kuhlman goal was a thing of beauty. So was the Marchand goal. What an incredible angle to find a 3 inch opening.

7. What is stunning to be about Rask's goal tending is just how EASY he makes it look. His movements are so controlled and fluid. His positioning is always impeccable. He's very rarely making hurky jerky splits or a lot of hand waving. He just RADIATES calm.

8. I think the Blues are a better team than it's being reported. Preseason they were thought to be a real contender to come out of the West, but had just a HORRENDOUS start. However that being said, their tactic of just shooting the puck into the opposing team's zone and chasing it with great forechecking, his starting to get old. The B's did a much better job getting the puck out this game. After seeing how the Blues successfully attacked them for 5 games, they finally started to get it and defeat it.

9. I expect the B's to win on Wednesday, but I worry. The B's got a lucky goal that was key to their victory. What if it happens for the Blues and gives them the lead? However if the luck is evenly dispersed, the game is called fairly, then the "best" will team win. I fully expect to watch ANOTHER parade through the streets of Boston.

Last edited:

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back