PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Sign the Beast Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If everyone wants to dismiss LGB because of what he did in the playoffs, Then by using the same logic, Danny Amendola clearly deserves an 8-10MM dollar deal, right. Isn't that the kind of contract you need to hand out to the 6th leading TD catcher in superbowl history. :r0lleyes:

Blount can be resigned for 1-2MM. He likes it here and is contribution is appreciated by the coaching staff, if not by the fans. And BTW- a couple of million dollars is a LOT of F*cking money, in case we forget.

TE Trey Burton from Philadelphia. He can fill the Hernandez role (on the field....)

Nowhere near as strong or as good of a blocker, also not quite the tackle breaking ability but he is totally a jack of all trades type of Guy and a total team player. Can throw the football or line up at RB in a trick play or wrinkle.

Adrian Peterson would be a nice addition.

Do we have a shot at signing Chandler Jones for a more affordable price than what was rumored one year ago? We need pass rushers.

Do we have a shot at signing Chandler Jones for a more affordable price than what was rumored one year ago? We need pass rushers.
Arizona says they're franchising him if they don't extend him.

I'd like to sign Calais Campbell, Capt. Munnerlyn, Akeem Ayers. One of those three. Should not be overly expensive but productive.

I should have been more clear, I meant I didnt think Blounts playoff performance was going to impact his free agency. Obviously playoff performances have large impacts on free agency, If Hoyer hadnt put up a stinker last year in the playoffs I think he might have still been the QB of the Texans.
Understood, buddy.

mario williams too:

Screw Mario Williams... BRANDON SIGHTING!!! BRANDON SIGHTING!!! BRANDON SIGHTING!!!!

Mark my words, we're going after Brandon Albert

Sorry, BRANDEN sighting... otoh, he wasn't released after all, they think they'll get trade value for him

Sign these beasts:

RB - Blunt, only for the vet minimum plus incentives; but not Boldin, however.
It's time that we have a backup Running Back who can actually, you know, run.

FB - Kyle Juszczyk; I know that Bill told Develin that he provides toughness, but KJ does too, and much much more. Unfortunately, the money that someone will pay him will be above Bill's budget for a FB.

WR - Michael Floyd should come really, really cheap now. I am also very interested in Pierre Garcon (likely too expensive) and Andre Holmes, who was at TC here (in 2011/2012?) and was stuck behind Crabtree & Cooper in Oakland.

TE - Bennett (likely too expensive); Plan B is Jack Doyle of the Indy Clots.
It would not surprise to see Bill eschew FA TEs altogether and just wait for the draft.

Swing Tackle - Vollmer, but only at a drastically reduced salary, if his health & heart are even in it; I would also gage the health/interest of Luke Joeckel, Ryan Clady & Will Beatty.

G/C - Stefen Wisniewski; he can back up both Andrews at Center and more importantly Thuney at LG, a position where we currently have Zero capable backups. Don't know why Bill was so eager to jettison Josh Kline, especially after signing him to an extension the previous Novenber.

DT - Branch, but only on a front-loaded/short-term deal; I also want to see a 2nd FA DT added (specifically a 3-tech), because the market will be flooded with them, and that should help keep prices down.

DE - Sheard, but I don't know if he wants to re-sign here; if Bill is smart about it, he would make nicey-nice with Sheard ASAP, because the pickings at FA DE are either too expensive or too unproductive.

LB - Hightower, but language needs to be written for injury protection; I just don't know how long of a productive career he is going to have. Even if he re-signs, I still want to see an athletic coverage LB added, such as perhaps former Seattle/Oakland LB Malcolm Smith. And Bill might as well re-sign Barkevious Mingo too, and try to recoup some of the value of the 5th-rounder he gave to Cleveland for him.

CB - Ryan, but the price has to make sense; I still don't think that he's a $10M/year player. Even if Ryan re-signs, I still want to see a vet added to bring stability to the #3/4 CB spot. Old friend Sterling Moore is available, again, and would cost little more than the vet minimum plus incentives.

FS - I'm not nearly as big a fan of Harmon as others are, so I won't lose any sleep if he signs for big money elsewhere. A capable backup for McCourty can be found anywhere throughout the draft and post-draft process, as well as what should be a deep pool of available FAs.

Last edited:
I'd like to sign Calais Campbell, Capt. Munnerlyn, Akeem Ayers. One of those three. Should not be overly expensive but productive.

Can draft a corner by Round 5 and get someone better than CM

Sign these beasts:

RB - Blunt, only for the vet minimum plus incentives; but not Boldin, however.
It's time that we have a backup Running Back who can actually, you know, run.

Blount had an underwhelming SB. Fumbled when the whole game was keepaway. low YPC avg., to be expected in 1st half; wasn't used much thereafter. That said, led the league in TDs.

Somebody is paying Blount more than veteran minimum I promise you.

I say sign the beast, but it'll be pricier.

Also, I agree with you about Malcolm Smith. You can never have too many Malcolms.

And Barkeeeeeeevious Minnnngoooooo... no-brainer! Need to hear that on the PA. Barkeeeeeevious Mingoooooo.

Blount had an underwhelming SB. Fumbled when the whole game was keepaway. low YPC avg., to be expected in 1st half; wasn't used much thereafter. That said, led the league in TDs.

Somebody is paying Blount more than veteran minimum I promise you.

I say sign the beast, but it'll be pricier.

They need to draft a running back. Need more speed back there and players that can create their own yards without dancing around. One cut n go....

I'm also OK resigning Blount for reasonable dollars.

If he leaves he leaves.

They need to draft a running back. Need more speed back there and players that can create their own yards without dancing around. One cut n go....

I'm also OK resigning Blount for reasonable dollars.

If he leaves he leaves.

I'm okay with what BB is okay with. That said, "if he leaves he leaves" might be a bit much on the no-desire-0-meter.

You remember when we couldn't pick up a 3rd and 1 to save our lives, and there was no threat of any kind in the backfield? That. Blount is worth mid-level dollars, which I think we seem to agree on, but he's a definite threat back there. I'm newly aware of the value of a Blount back there, counterintuitively, after this SB. He was a part of a larger gameplan... sap the energy, and play keepaway. He played his role - not that well, but probably better than White/Lewis taking the carries/catches throughout the game.

That said, if he thinks he's breaking the bank... given the SB he had and the SB White had... well, he's not going to do that. Biggest stars, biggest stage, I get that

"We need a speedy little guy" is great, as long as you pick your poison about what you're giving up. I want a bus too. If you're carrying 3, I'm thinking you're upgrading Dion Lewis in your "speedy guy" targeting.

Adrian Peterson would look good in the back field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back