PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Sign the Beast Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We weren't playing keep away in the SB.

The inability to do so seem to have been unintentional. 20 minutes possession in the first half. 93 plays from scrimmage our offense, their defense. That just happened I guess.

The inability to do so seem to have been unintentional. 20 minutes possession in the first half. 93 plays from scrimmage our offense, their defense. That just happened I guess.
Yes it did. They couldn't stop us, and of course a pick 6 affects that.
Having more time of possession is not proof you are trying to keep it away instead if scoring points. Result is not causation.
We tried to score points and called the plays most likely to do so. We did not sacrifice our offense out of fear.

Can Peterson even play still? That Vikes line sucked so not sure if the horrible YPC is totally on him.

Longtime friend of the board may be available, the man, the legend CONNOR BARWIN!

Connor Barwin - Philadelphia Eagles - 2017 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

"Mark Eckel of NJ Advanced Media believes DE Connor Barwin will have plenty of suitors if the Eagles cut or trade him.
Following years of success as a 3-4 outside linebacker, Barwin struggled at defensive end in Jim Schwartz's 4-3 scheme. Barwin is due $7.75 million and has already said he'd be willing to take a pay cut to stay in Philly. Eckel named the Colts, Packers and Ravens as teams that could be interested in Barwin. Feb 19 - 8:20 AM
"

He only missed a total of 7 games outside of the susprnsion and this years injury in those 7 years. Sure age may indicate he is breaking down but 6 months ago he was extremely durable.
I'm not putting much in 2.9 in 3 games and 37 carries.

He has beef with Goodell which would make him a good fit here.

If he's willing to take short money and he still has some gas in the tank, I'd like to see it happen.

Longtime friend of the board may be available, the man, the legend CONNOR BARWIN!

Connor Barwin - Philadelphia Eagles - 2017 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

"Mark Eckel of NJ Advanced Media believes DE Connor Barwin will have plenty of suitors if the Eagles cut or trade him.
Following years of success as a 3-4 outside linebacker, Barwin struggled at defensive end in Jim Schwartz's 4-3 scheme. Barwin is due $7.75 million and has already said he'd be willing to take a pay cut to stay in Philly. Eckel named the Colts, Packers and Ravens as teams that could be interested in Barwin. Feb 19 - 8:20 AM
"

Exactly how many suitors would he have IF the Eagles trade him?

Where are the copy editors these days?

How the hell did Kyle Williams (DT) run a 4.4?!??!?:eek:

Sign him at once Bill!

@Rapsheet
The #Vikings will not exercise the 2017 option on RB Adrian Peterson’s contract. He'll be an unrestricted free agent.

Assuming he has something left in the tank and isn't looking to break the bank, I'd love to see AP behind Mason and Cannon, perhaps Mangold too

How the hell did Kyle Williams (DT) run a 4.4?!??!?:eek:

Sign him at once Bill!
Considering a DT never runs 40 straight yards, out of a stance, with no pads, I'm not sure why that number matters.

Chances are slim but Desean Jackson in this offense would be deadly. Pick up Howard or the TE from Miami and ring #6 is that much closer. His character, $, and place in our offense likely keeping it from happening.

Chiefs releasing Jamaal Charles per Schefter.

Chiefs releasing Jamaal Charles per Schefter.

Assuming full health, he'd be downright disgusting in this offense and vice versa.
Lotta DTs out on the market. Pats could maybe do something with one here.

Both of these guys are awesome. If Branch balks, which I hope he doesn't, then maybe these guys are on a short list. But I fear they'd likely be more expensive than Branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back