PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Sign the Beast Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandon Marshall being released!!! He probably has one decent year left or two.

Both of these guys are awesome. If Branch balks, which I hope he doesn't, then maybe these guys are on a short list. But I fear they'd likely be more expensive than Branch.
I think you're right. I'm guessing they'll both get nice deals. Hopefully, Branch accepts their reported offer. He'd be a big loss.

Brandon Marshall being released!!! He probably has one decent year left or two.
Hard to see a financial fit in my opinion, especially with Floyd available on the cheap and already having some time invested in him.

I'd have to guess that Marshall will still be able to fetch a decent yearly annual average, although it will be on a shorter term pact. Just spitballing, but I'm thinking someone will still pay him anywhere between 6-8m dollars a year. Just not enough balls to go around to justify that kind of spending, especially with Mitchell stepping up last year.

Really hope BB takes a look at LB Adam Seward. He's been one of the best linebackers in the league for a while. With him on our roster, I think another super bowl victory is guaranteed.

I think you're right. I'm guessing they'll both get nice deals. Hopefully, Branch accepts their reported offer. He'd be a big loss.
I couldn't agree more. Branch was huge (no pun intended) last season. He played at the level many people thought he could reach all along.

I really like him and his versatility would be coveted by the Patriots, but he's always injured.
Haha agree..but who isn't always injured on the Patriots?..

Report: Jets could move on from Eric Decker tinyurl.com/zqm9yay

@RichCimini
The Jets aren't done cutting players, per sources. Marcus Gilchrist, Calvin Pryor, Eric Decker, Buster Skrine and... espn.com/espn/now?nowId…

Jets seem to be going the 76ers route :D

Decker the only WR to consistently beat Butler. We don't need one but he could be cheap since he may need to start the season on PUP.

But dang, the Jets are reallllly going to suck; especially on offense.

@RichCimini
The Jets aren't done cutting players, per sources. Marcus Gilchrist, Calvin Pryor, Eric Decker, Buster Skrine and... espn.com/espn/now?nowId…

Decker the only WR to consistently beat Butler. We don't need one but he could be cheap since he may need to start the season on PUP.

Total rebuilding job. Not shocking. They will trade wilkerson. I don't know if they can get a second round pick for him. Maybe. They will tank for darnold

@RichCimini

Isn't there a potential elite QB coming out next year? The Rats could be planning to suck for him.

They suck anyway, but maybe they are trying to suck better and smarter.

I really want Bill to bring in Mangold.

I believe he has a year or 2 left and shouldn't break the bank.

Waters was 34 when he came to the Pats. Mangold just turned 33.

I want Mangold and Andrew Whitworth.

I want Mangold and Andrew Whitworth.

I can at least see the reasoning with Mangold if he'd come at a cheap contract. But why the hell would we need an older, most probably expensive offensive tackle ? That's close to WTF territory here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST