PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Sign the Beast Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can at least see the reasoning with Mangold if he'd come at a cheap contract. But why the hell would we need an older, most probably expensive offensive tackle ? That's close to WTF territory here..

Whitworth is playing excellent football, Solder is not, Solder's contract will soon come to an end, and Seabass is gone.

Whitworth is playing excellent football, Solder is not, Solder's contract will soon come to an end, and Seabass is gone.

???

I don't even know where to start here. Whitworth is 35 years old. You seriously want to replace a pretty good LT that was hand picked by Scar and who is 27 ? Solder has one more year on his contract, who knows if Whitworth is not retired by next year. This move wouldn't help us at all except cost unnecessary money.

Moreover, Vollmer has been gone for an entire season already and we replaced him with an all-pro player in Cannon. I don't see how any of that is relevant.

What we need is a young player via the draft that can be groomed in the background and act as a swing tackle this year. There is certainly no sane reason to bring in a 35 year old.

Poe is the kind of player I could see Belichick breaking the bank for.

The report I saw on Poe on the NFLN yesterday said Poe's play has been deteriorating over the past couple of seasons. I don't watch enough of KC to know but that was their take.

I doubt Belichick will go big money for run stoppers, I think they will try hard to retain Branch and look at lower cost defensive tackles. Imo they will look to the draft for more Valentine's, and will try to find more versatile lineman, like Flowers, to get their interior pass rush. I also think that's another reason to do everything possible to keep Hightower as he can bring pressure off the edge and up the middle.

???

I don't even know where to start here. Whitworth is 35 years old. You seriously want to replace a pretty good LT that was hand picked by Scar and who is 27 ? Solder has one more year on his contract, who knows if Whitworth is not retired by next year. This move wouldn't help us at all except cost unnecessary money.

Moreover, Vollmer has been gone for an entire season already and we replaced him with an all-pro player in Cannon. I don't see how any of that is relevant.

What we need is a young player via the draft that can be groomed in the background and act as a swing tackle this year. There is certainly no sane reason to bring in a 35 year old.

I never said they should "replace" Solder with Whitworth, I said that Solder is just ok, and Whitworth is excellent.

Yes, they have Cannon, who has been playing well, but what do you have after that?

If we want TFB to play at a high level he needs to be protected, I'd like to sign Whitworth and let the best players win the job. I'd also like to draft a potential replacement.

Anyway, the sane reason to bring in a 35yr old player is because he's better than any other tackle we have on the roster.

Brandon Marshall being released!!! He probably has one decent year left or two.
I'd rather land Kenny Britt. Underrated player and he's only 28. Had a good year last year (1002 yards) with the friggin' Rams. I think Brady would turn him into a superstar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST