Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

If the Pats can't get a top-5 QB, who do you want?

• Davis Mills

Votes: 31 26.3%
  • Kellen Mond

Votes: 34 28.8%
  • Jamie Newman

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Kyle Trask

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • other: Ian Book, KJ Costello, Sam Ehlinger, Feleipe Franks, etc.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • none of the above; wait until 2022 to draft a QB

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • none of the above; go with a vet (Cam, Jimmy G, Alex Smith, etc.)

Votes: 11 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Patriots cannot get QB in 1st round, I'd hope they get a STUD WR (Waddle, Smith, Toney), OR, Kyle Pitts, OR Jaycee Horn, OR, Najee Harris.

Harris has speed, moves, and a top catch RB. He is a 3 down RB.

If Patriots cannot get QB in 1st round, I'd hope they get a STUD WR (Waddle, Smith, Toney), OR, Kyle Pitts, OR Jaycee Horn, OR, Najee Harris.

or parsons!

Surely you're not seriously contemplating a...RB...in the first round - again - are you?

We have many uses for that pick, but RB ain't one of 'em...not by a damn sight.

Besides, Bill only very recently had his chance with a 1st-round pick at that position...and he blew it.

I picked Trask because I feel really solid about him. Has the measurables and immeasurables. Franks is my other guy in that range, and it's really close.

As the OP, it stands out to me how much more popular Mills and Mond are rather than an established vet

I think Sam Ehlinger is worth taking a 7th round flyer on. He has the potential to be a good goal-line QB. Has a very strong lower body and enjoys running between the tackles. Throws well enough to be effective near the goal lone. Put him on PS to start with, see what happens.

Interesting that the Pats didn't have a representative at Kellen Monds pro day.

God help us if we’re really looking at day 2 QBs.
Agreed. The Pats have proven (both ways when you include last year) that you are nothing in this league without a franchise QB, no matter what you have around him.

Last edited:
Interesting that the Pats didn't have a representative at Kellen Monds pro day.
why?

perhaps patsfans should have sent a representative; it is poster here who have the interest.

why?

perhaps patsfans should have sent a representative; it is poster here who have the interest.
Sort of my point. People on here think he is the best of the rest, but only 6 teams showed up to his pro day.

Watching a few JustinFields games and TreyLance games. Both can throw and run.

But, something stand out that I noticed. Justin will stay in the pocket as long as possible before running.
Trey does not stay in the pocket too long and start running.

What does this tell you?

I have no idea and didn't vote. It definitely seems to me it'll be a second tier guy if they draft a QB. Mills and Mond look good to me, I trust if Bill picks one that he likes them. I'm still holding out hope that one of the top 5, probably Jones, will drop. I think if SF picks Lance or Fields, Jones could drop.

Watching a few JustinFields games and TreyLance games. Both can throw and run.

But, something stand out that I noticed. Justin will stay in the pocket as long as possible before running.
Trey does not stay in the pocket too long and start running.

What does this tell you?
Fields should use athleticism more. Despite narratives that the system was easy or did him favors, it didn't. Easily the most complex offense to run imo out of the big 5. He actually should've used his wheels more instead of taking a few shots or we.

Lance has some of the best poise & feel for a pocket in game imo. Huge jump but everything is there.

Fields should use athleticism more. Despite narratives that the system was easy or did him favors, it didn't. Easily the most complex offense to run imo out of the big 5. He actually should've used his wheels more instead of taking a few shots or we.

Lance has some of the best poise & feel for a pocket in game imo. Huge jump but everything is there.
Just saw an article on Jackson Erdmann, QB from D3 school. At some point, if you get a chance, would you take a look and tell us what you think.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back