PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: What will Bill do? Mock Draft 3.0

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
MORSE: What will Bill do? Mock Draft 3.0
Mark Morse
Fresh off the Sam Darnold trade to Carolina, I will re-set the draft order and priorities.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Trey Lance IS NOT competition for Cam Newton.......Bill might be retired before he's ready. Minimal college experience against weak competition....No thanks, I hope that mock draft hasn't a prayer in coming true.

Yeah, cant argue with that but he can sit behind Cam for a year and then maybe ready...its just one scenario.

Trey Lance IS NOT competition for Cam Newton.......Bill might be retired before he's ready. Minimal college experience against weak competition....No thanks, I hope that mock draft hasn't a prayer in coming true.
Whoever is taken by the Pats is not competition for Newton. They will sit any rookie QB drafted for at least a year. Newton would be bridge QB, unless they make a trade for a better QB.

I agree Lance has played against inferior competition and has limited experience, but his potential is off the charts. When will the Patriots be in a position to draft a highly rated QB again?

Mac Jones is the most ready prospect the Patriots could potentially draft if the 49ers pass on him. He played in a pro style offense against top level competition. It's also been reported by his coaches how he's able to retain new plays and read defenses. I absolutely wouldn't be mad if the Patriots draft him.

Mac Jones is the most ready prospect the Patriots could potentially draft if the 49ers pass on him. He played in a pro style offense against top level competition. It's also been reported by his coaches how he's able to retain new plays and read defenses. I absolutely wouldn't be mad if the Patriots draft him.
Mac Jones is going to SF. That is why CAR made the trade with the Jets for Darnold. Jones was CAR man ever since they coached him at the Senior Bowl week. Jones is the most Pro ready QB in the draft.

I can live with this draft...Next year's #1 is a fair-enough price to pay to ensure that we're not stuck with future bust Justin Fields...

But if the choice at #15 does become Fields, somebody else or trade-down, then I'm trading down, either to LV & Miami for the return our 2022 5th- & 6th-rounders; or to the dead'Skins for 19 & 74/82, which I'll then use for somebody from the next tier...

Still think 46 is a bit too early for Meinerz, though I do like him, just as more of an early-3rd guy...Don't dismiss other OL prospects that still might be available there...

I'd look for the best available defender at #96 (NOT including Safety)...Felton's value to us should be closer to 122...

Yeah even though he's more of a First Dynasty Seymour/Green/Warren-type of guy, Milton Williams' athleticism is hard to ignore; so there's hope that he at the very least can become a 3rd-down gap destroyer, if not a 4-down Freak...Though I'm not so sure that I wouldn't just take Bobby Brown himself right here...I seriously doubt that he lasts all the way to 197...

I love Simi Fehoko as a 3rd-day WR...He could go anywhere from the early 4th to the middle of the 6th round, so picking him at 120/122 isn't a bad idea...

We do need another Outside CB for the pipeline, and 139 is a great place to grab the last of the good ones, like Rochell...

If Demetric Felton isn't chosen at 96, then 177 is a great spot for a similar player like Shi Smith, at least as far as route-running abilities are concerned...

Not a big fan of Hainsey...I'd rather see if a more athletic version of him - and who could supply some competition to Herron - such as Nebraska LT Brenden Jaimes, is still available...

Marlon Williams can be a High-Priority UDFA, because...at 242, THIS is where we take Ben Mason! I also feel that he would be great here as a Blocking TE, sometimes Short-Yardage Back, Starting Fullback (sorry Danny & Jacob) and Big 4 STs monster...Make it so, William!

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back