PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
It’s impossible to gauge everything after the first round without knowing who else was available, but overall it’s a decent mock. I don’t know what scout you talked to but I watched Daniels Pro Day live and he overthrew the first few balls, but after that he settled in and Bucky Brooks and the other analysts on the field said he had a good workout, showed a really strong arm, and showed he could layer in passes over the middle with good pace. It wasn’t an A+ workout, but it certainly didn’t suck.

Good stuff. Great late selections with TE All and RB Ali. Daniels will struggle in the pros. But he’ll wow with his running. Like Grogan did early on in the 1970s. Then the knee injury. But he was able to make the transition to being a pocket passer.

Daniels, with his slight body, has the hallmarks of not being durable. Can he make a living as a passer in thenfl?

Good stuff. Great late selections with TE All and RB Ali. Daniels will struggle in the pros. But he’ll wow with his running. Like Grogan did early on in the 1970s. Then the knee injury. But he was able to make the transition to being a pocket passer.

Daniels, with his slight body, has the hallmarks of not being durable. Can he make a living as a passer in thenfl?

He’s almost identical to Randall Cunningham in build. And that was much much rougher NFL.

Interesting draft: doubling down at WR, OT and TE, plus a RB that sounds like a steal for the the round.

I especially like the two tight ends late. Hunter Henry will be 30 before the end of the season, and Hooper is the same age, probably just a one-year stop gap rental.

I stopped reading after you took Daniels at #3.

And re-signing Uncle Dugg to that ****ing HORRIBLE ****ing extension was ****ing Special Olympics ****ing stupid. Bad ****ing pick then; worse ****ing pick now.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back