PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Mark Morse
What will Eliot Wolf and the Patriots brain trust do in this draft? Will they follow the “Packer Way” and draft the Best Player Available (BPA) regardless of team need or will they trade down, acquiring more picks to help their team overall?

The post MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

While I like the concept of trading down to accumulate more early picks, I'm not loving the result in Mark's first mock.

New England has a three-headed monster of major needs: QB, LT, WR. Those needs are so significant that they have to be taken into consideration with the early picks. BPA is an important factor, but not to the point where the team should draft a CB at #23 when a starting LT is available. As much as Blake Fisher may be a sleeper, I'm just not on board with the idea of waiting until the team's fourth draft pick to select a tackle.

On the other hand, the late picks do bring a smile. Getting any one of RB Isaac Guerendo, TE Tip Reiman and WR Bub Means on Day Three would be great - being able to get all three would be awesome.

As for the second mock, drafting Joe Alt is great. But iff Penix is who the Pats are targeting, I would be very concerned that he is not going to last until #34. If someone drafts him before the Pats are back on the clock, then what? Hope that Spencer Rattler is still available at #68? Then when he is also gone, reach for Joe Milton or some other QB in the fourth round?

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Mark Morse
What will Eliot Wolf and the Patriots brain trust do in this draft? Will they follow the “Packer Way” and draft the Best Player Available (BPA) regardless of team need or will they trade down, acquiring more picks to help their team overall?

The post MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

In the trade-down scenario, I like the picks except those at 103 & 137;

In the stand-pat scenario however, I'm not a fan of the picks at 34, 68, 137 or 234.

Trading down is THE ONLY answer this year. Too many holes to fill, not enough picks, and NONE of these QBs are even close to being worth their asking price.

I prefer the no trade down to the trade down because I'll take Penix over McCarthy, Alt over anyone you picked, and no way a CB there.

My dream would be a trade down with Minn, getting Odunze at 11 and Penix at 23.

I don’t think either QB will be there in either scenario, but he used the simulator, which at least gives a baseline to go by. Mocks that aren’t based off anything are useless because you are just making **** up and inserting pipe dreams of your favorite players. Even if you are Using a Walter multi round draft you have to pick what’s available, and can’t just take anyone you want.if it’s me I’m taking the QB at 3.

Given these two scenarios would take the trade down, McCarthy at 11. I like DeJean but would go OT at 23, but I love the Mitchell pick.after that i would probably take different players, but would have to see what’s there, but I would love to get

T’Vondre Sweat at 68, and free up Barmore to get after the QB all day, then I would double dip at OL and WR, hopefully they could get a good Center prospect on Day 3.

While I like the concept of trading down to accumulate more early picks, I'm not loving the result in Mark's first mock.

New England has a three-headed monster of major needs: QB, LT, WR. Those needs are so significant that they have to be taken into consideration with the early picks. BPA is an important factor, but not to the point where the team should draft a CB at #23 when a starting LT is available. As much as Blake Fisher may be a sleeper, I'm just not on board with the idea of waiting until the team's fourth draft pick to select a tackle.

On the other hand, the late picks do bring a smile. Getting any one of RB Isaac Guerendo, TE Tip Reiman and WR Bub Means on Day Three would be great - being able to get all three would be awesome.

As for the second mock, drafting Joe Alt is great. But iff Penix is who the Pats are targeting, I would be very concerned that he is not going to last until #34. If someone drafts him before the Pats are back on the clock, then what? Hope that Spencer Rattler is still available at #68? Then when he is also gone, reach for Joe Milton or some other QB in the fourth round?
Same. I don't love DeJean at #23.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back