PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You done messed up A-A-Ron

I didn’t read it and I’m not planning to, but if what you say is correct, and I have no doubt that it is, you are right. Rarely does an author (and, by extension, inside sources) get self-immolated by the dumpster fire he lit....

Besides, Crosby’s not that good, and a whiner to boot.
Now, Orr, in the other hand, coulda scored 900 ...with two good knees.

Back to topic.....
Sidney Crosby is not that good....career ppg + player with 3 Cups and 2 Con Smythe and Harts each..

You still have the time to edit the post

Quotes like this are really interesting because they show the extent to which people don't understand yet how historic the Patriots are. Nbody "should have" won 6 Super Bowls. It's an absolutely insane historical anomaly; you can argue that the Patriots themselves probably "shouldn't have" won all of the ones they did, and it's damn sure nobody else "should have".
The Pats basically were serious threats to win SB every year Brady was healthy except 02 and 09.. maybe also 05

The Pats basically were serious threats to win SB every year Brady was healthy except 02 and 09.. maybe also 05
02 they didn't make the playoffs. 09 WW went down and the team had culture problems.

05 they were a decent team but played poorly at the worst time. The D came around at the end of the year and the offense started to run the ball better. Played real well vs JAX in the WC but got the Mile High Flu. 5TOs. BS PI on Asante. AV misses a FG. Tom throws two picks. DEN has short fields most of the night. Troy, Hobbs and KFaulk fumble in the same game. I'm still frustrated but that game. Would have been 3 in a row 4 of 5. Opportunity lost. Oh well.

If they had won @DEN would have been Pitt @ NE and home for the AFCCG. Then SEA in the SB. Very doable.

Last edited:
Sidney Crosby is not that good....career ppg + player with 3 Cups and 2 Con Smythe and Harts each..

He is a whiner though.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading what a jerk Aaron Rodgers is and how Green Bay, that pantheon of NFL tradition, is just as messed up and dysfunctional as the best of them. Along with many on here, I get supremely annoyed when I hear, "the best QB of this generation!" about AR. On what planet? He had two good years and managed to win the SB only once. Part of being "the best QB of your generation" is being able to win with whatever team is around you; being able to take whatever lemons this particular NFL season has handed you and making some awesome lemonade. We have that QB, not Green Bay. I am glad former teammates are coming forward to confirm what has been rumored for years. I will enjoy the upcoming season when AR again underachieves and rolls his eyes as he chucks everyone under the bus, his new coach included. He should have taken Mike McCarthy's advice and called his mother. Maybe she would have talked some sense and humility into him.

We're awfully lucky that Brady's crazy is confined to drinking enough concussion water to summon the old god Pliatoccus.

For all of his success and marrying the world's richest woman (or whatever she is) he should have lost his goddamn mind by now and been living a life that would make Howard Hughes seem grounded.

Yea.

Wasn't sure to give this a "like", "agree", "funny", "winner" or "love". Went with Thank you. Best post of the year so far.

So many notable revelations about Aaron Rodgers and yet all I see for headlines in reddit's r/NFL page are related to McCarthy and tweets from players supporting Rodgers.

This is why I don't visit that cesspool very often.

Ty Dunne is a good writer. I think if anything people should not pay too much attention to specific things he heard from sources and wrote about but the overall picture painted.

It reminds me of that “drama in Foxboro” piece by ESPN around last years playoffs. People paid way too much attention to individual stories and then dismissed the overall narrative because of it.

Hell even Bedard kinda confirmed the Rodgers issue today.

And I am the last to pay much attention to what he is saying but in this case he actually has first hand knowledge from covering GB.

Wow - what an article. Thanks for sharing that one.

So in other words, all of us insecure homers - saying this over the years without much evidence - happened to be absolutely correct by chance.

I always thought it was bunk that Rodgers really went after his stats like people claimed...until last season. Glad Bedard confirmed what I zoned in as well.

Sidney Crosby is a great player and probably the best of his era.

Bobby Orr might be the most unique/amazing athlete in any American sport. Only comp is Babe Ruth as a dominating pitcher and hitter. For a defenseman to lead the league in scoring multiple seasons as the best offense and defensive player at once? Freak show stuff there...still no one has come close to replicating him.

Link
What Happened in Green Bay

Unreal.

This is why when people say Rodgers could win 10 rings with Belichick... no chance, no way, no how.

I am not entirely sure that is accurate.

I mean the article points out that GM Thompson was literally falling asleep in meetings.

As bad a GM as BB is :p at least he is better than that.

BB would probably send himself home as a message to the rest of the team on accountability if that happened :D

The fact that McCarthy didn't even get a whiff of any of the Head Coaching vacancies this off-season might tell you all you need to know about him. Andy Reid was out of work for a few weeks before someone scooped him up. If the packers put Rodgers on the trade block, they would have plenty of takers.

I was always mystified how anyone could say that Rodgers is better than Brady, the comparison is actually seems silly right now.

So many notable revelations about Aaron Rodgers and yet all I see for headlines in reddit's r/NFL page are related to McCarthy and tweets from players supporting Rodgers.

This is why I don't visit that cesspool very often.

Every football related subreddit I've seen (having never stayed long on any) has a shockingly low average understanding of the game. Even r/patriots is full of fans with very casual-level knowledge yet they speak with the authority of a sports writer.

The fact that McCarthy didn't even get a whiff of any of the Head Coaching vacancies this off-season might tell you all you need to know about him. Andy Reid was out of work for a few weeks before someone scooped him up. If the packers put Rodgers on the trade block, they would have plenty of takers.

I was always mystified how anyone could say that Rodgers is better than Brady, the comparison is actually seems silly right now.

I was just kind of assuming he wasn't trying to get back in the game yet since we've seen guys like Gase get picked right back up after being fired.

Ty Dunne is a good writer. I think if anything people should not pay too much attention to specific things he heard from sources and wrote about but the overall picture painted.

That doesn't make sense. The story's credibility requires accuracy. Just as with the Wickersham piece, getting important claims wrong will take away from the story's impact and credibility.

Hell even Bedard kinda confirmed the Rodgers issue today.

Bedard's column is outdated (it's from last year) and light on substance. But I think the last line is the crux of the matter:

Rodgers is the talent coaches dream about. Brady is the realized dream when it comes to the face and leader of a franchise.

Don't get me wrong, Bledsoe wasn't a bad person by any means. But Brady, being a late-round pick and someone who was just a good guy and well-liked by players in the locker room, had already won most of the guys over with his funny and relatable personality, along with his work-ethic, during his rookie year, along with the fact he respected and genuinely cared about every one of them. On the other side, there was a clique-like group that Bledsoe talked to and a lot of the lower-tier players wouldn't get much time (or acknowledgement - according to reports back then) with him. Now all of a sudden one of their own in Brady was leading the team and the players immediately rallied around him.
You almost lost me right here, but I decided to keep reading.;)

Bennett quit on the Packers but, was willing to run through a wall for Tom until the injuries were just too much.
Yep. Never heard a teammate or former teammate say a bad word about Brady.

Sidney Crosby is a great player and probably the best of his era.

Bobby Orr might be the most unique/amazing athlete in any American sport. Only comp is Babe Ruth as a dominating pitcher and hitter. For a defenseman to lead the league in scoring multiple seasons as the best offense and defensive player at once? Freak show stuff there...still no one has come close to replicating him.

This is why fans who want to use longevity and volume to use as criteria to determining the GOAT at their position or their sport are missing the point.

I think #4 is the GOAT in NHL history. 6+ years was enough to determine that. We didn't need 15 years to figure that out.

With that said if you only knew he would have only 6 great years GMs might be inclined to pick Wayne, Potvin, Mario, etc but you needed to win 1 game....offense, defense, toughness, playmaking...it's Orr.

Crosby is still playing? I thought he'd be a vegetable by now.

He is a whiner though.
He still whining too? I thought he would have grown out of that by now!

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back