PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wtf happened with Brissett deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coolade is drinking the Brissett? Not sure if that works.
Perhaps not as I understand that Brissett is an old French term from the Normandy region meaning to throw a biscuit badly to another family member at breakfast

Last edited:
After your self-congratulatory arrival announcement, you so far have demonstrated a knack for fighting losing battles. Not a good start.

So I'm not getting invite to your bird watching fund raiser golf tournament..? :(. :DNothing lost , bud. This is on going week to week development. ( Problem is first string guy is franchise. ) same thing with JG development in SF without the guy in his way. But I really enjoy the QB position since I played it. Also golf which is much better since I play a lot now. :cool:

Ah yess... The nuances of implied choking... Or is that cherry picking .? Lots of reasons for 4th quarter team wilting. Some have cited organization tanking for draft picks... Something they are good at. o_O
So you are suggesting Brissett was complicit in throwing games?
Oh well.. hope we get some more data on the guy. Maybe Andrew's luck is running out..?.. Throwing shoulder surgery and getting hit a lot is not a good combo :cool:

Update... Last night :. Brissett 8-12, 68 yds,. 1 TD,. 0 int..
You sound like you think that is an impressive PRESEASON GAME 4.

Look it’s fine if you want to make excuse for him. He plays horribly in the 4th quarter and your safe zone is his team was throwing games.
I’m sorry but all I know how to do is judge a player by what he does on the field instead of making excuses for him. I try to gauge reality you are looking for possible teadins to be hopeful.
Both are fine but hope doesn’t explain away facts.

So you are suggesting Brissett was complicit in throwing games?

You sound like you think that is an impressive PRESEASON GAME 4.

Look it’s fine if you want to make excuse for him. He plays horribly in the 4th quarter and your safe zone is his team was throwing games.
I’m sorry but all I know how to do is judge a player by what he does on the field instead of making excuses for him. I try to gauge reality you are looking for possible teadins to be hopeful.
Both are fine but hope doesn’t explain away facts.

You're basically making the case he will fail.. since NFL QB is the hardest job in sports the odds are kinda in your favor.

Thing that's kooky is how a lot of people's idea of QB play has been skewed by watching 40 year old Brady with so-called "answers to the test", play the position at his level. Then you view a guy developing like Brady did in his second year and expect 4th qtr comebacks, 121 passer rating, etc. That's just dumb. Hope you are not suffering from this. Second year player with size mobility and poise who doesn't throw picks is unusual and good. Peyton had 25 picks his first year. As I've said we'll see...:cool:

The consensus around the league from other teams' fans is that Brissett exceeded expectations last year, and shows potential. He's an unfinished project clearly, but just as clearly, there's talent there. I doubt a team will break the bank for him, but if someone takes some key injuries in the right areas, I can see a team spending a little to bring in a young quarterback that you can put on the field for the rest of the year as a kind of extended audition

Yes.. point is to honestly assess former pats QB performance, since that's kinda the title of the thread. Couple guys have bashed him so my post is a counterpoint.

I think he's just covering his ass since it's not a deal and talks are meant to be discreet.

You might be the most gullible poster I've seen in my 17 years on this board.
Your credibility takes a hit when you're quoting garbage like Volin, who btw btw has NO cache with the Patriots, unlike Reiss,Chatham,Howe and both Riddick and Shefter at espn. All of them have built up trust over many years.
Volin is going to get about as much " inside dope" from anyone at Patriots Place as Thomase gets. Zero.

You might be the most gullible poster I've seen in my 17 years on this board.
Your credibility takes a hit when you're quoting garbage like Volin, who btw btw has NO cache with the Patriots, unlike Reiss,Chatham,Howe and both Riddick and Shefter at espn. All of them have built up trust over many years.
Volin is going to get about as much " inside dope" from anyone at Patriots Place as Thomase gets. Zero.

Yeah but... Doesn't volin need a reason to lie..? If he's posting garbage his credibility takes a bigger hit than mine. This isn't mortensen posting fraud numbers to screw the Patriots. This was a nothing report meaningless to everyone except people in this thread. So it follows that without any ulterior motive, he probably just posted what a league source said.. and it probably happened.. Really what does he gain from this ...Zippo. :cool:

Guys let’s celebrate Jordan Richards is gone

Right... Andy can have Richards (2nd rounder) since 2nd round pick is so valuable that could never be offered for Brissett .

Yeah but... Doesn't volin need a reason to lie..? If he's posting garbage his credibility takes a bigger hit than mine. This isn't mortensen posting fraud numbers to screw the Patriots. This was a nothing report meaningless to everyone except people in this thread. So it follows that without any ulterior motive, he probably just posted what a league source said.. and it probably happened.. Really what does he gain from this ...Zippo. :cool:

If every report from a league source turned out to be true, all NFL rosters would look a hell of a lot different.

As for what Volin gains, well, look at this thread. He's been mentioned plenty of times. If he didn't report it in the first place, would we be talking about him right now?

Again, I don't hate Brissett, I wish him luck and hope he has a long career. I just don't believe in the idea that we didn't get enough in return by getting Dorsett, and I don't believe the Seahawks, a team that has watched Wilson carry them for several years now, would offer a 2nd round pick for a backup QB that might be a good game manager.

This seems to me like a "hindsight 20/20" thing. At the time I seem to remember most people talking about how we got a deep threat first round pick for a third string QB. I didn't love the Jacoby pick by any means but I ended loving the kid especially when he stepped up and gutted it out with the thumb after Jimmy went down. I think he will be a solid backup QB who will be competitive when he has to get in/start a couple games which at this point is more than I would say for Hoyer. However, I like the trade still and who knows how much we could see from Dorsett this year. At this point he looks like he will be our 2nd/3rd receiver (cue some hardo telling me "the Pats don't even have real depth chaat receivahs!!) for the first month of the season. I guess by October we can judge the trade a little better after seeing what Dorsett does with this opportunity.

You're basically making the case he will fail.. since NFL QB is the hardest job in sports the odds are kinda in your favor.

Thing that's kooky is how a lot of people's idea of QB play has been skewed by watching 40 year old Brady with so-called "answers to the test", play the position at his level. Then you view a guy developing like Brady did in his second year and expect 4th qtr comebacks, 121 passer rating, etc. That's just dumb. Hope you are not suffering from this. Second year player with size mobility and poise who doesn't throw picks is unusual and good. Peyton had 25 picks his first year. As I've said we'll see...:cool:
How on earth is he 'developing like Brady did in his second year'? For that matter, in HIS second year, Brady led a 4th quarter comeback on the biggest stage in the NFL.

How on earth is he 'developing like Brady did in his second year'? For that matter, in HIS second year, Brady led a 4th quarter comeback on the biggest stage in the NFL.

Down to earth fans acknowledge Brady has developed from his early game manager days into the great QB that helped win five super bowls with great teams and coaching around him. My sentence speaks to the development in a general sense, without comparing the players directly. But if you look at the passer rating... Brady did not eclipse 90 until his 4th season playing. This means Brissett is at least in the same ballpark as game manager and his 82 passer rating. We shall see.. :cool:

Down to earth fans acknowledge Brady has developed from his early game manager days into the great QB that helped win five super bowls with great teams and coaching around him. My sentence speaks to the development in a general sense, without comparing the players directly. But if you look at the passer rating... Brady did not eclipse 90 until his 4th season playing. This means Brissett is at least in the same ballpark as game manager and his 82 passer rating. We shall see.. :cool:

Soooo...... BB has effectively traded not one but two future Tom Bradys away?

And I thought the Garoppolites were delusional.:eek:

Coolade il l'aime un peu brisssett. He's gonna spit on your petit fours.

I am judging his play. I will never understand why people can’t just watch how a player plays and accept what he is and rather must make excuses because they like him.

Thing that's kooky is how a lot of people's idea of QB play has been skewed by watching 40 year old Brady with so-called "answers to the test", play the position at his level.
I am not judging him against Brady. I am judging him against the average nfl qb.

Then you view a guy developing like Brady did in his second year and expect 4th qtr comebacks, 121 passer rating, etc. That's just dumb. Hope you are not suffering from this. Second year player with size mobility and poise who doesn't throw picks is unusual and good. Peyton had 25 picks his first year. As I've said we'll see...:cool:
He isn’t developing like Brady. Not even close.
Sure he kept the into down and that’s a good thing, but he lost a bunch of fumbles to overcome that plus also.
But he was not effective. His job isn’t to get to a punt. His job is to get the ball in the end zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes