PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wow! This 2021 redraft has Mac Jones still going as the 5th QB with the Pats taking Davis Mills over him at 15. Jones drops to 19th

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I get why some people may not be as high on Mac Jones as most Pats fans, but this redraft is ridiculous. They still have Lawrence, Wilson, and Lance going 1, 2, and 3 and the Pats selecting Davis Mills over Mac Jones at 15 and the Commanders taking Jones at 19. How Wilson and Lance haven't fallen is beyond me. Lance looks like he may have play back up for another year while he is still learning the position. Wilson looks like he is going to be either a disappointment or an outright bust.

His reasoning is stupid. Seems like he just wants to be a contrarian. Mills has upside so the Pats take him over Jones, who dropped because he was held back by the Pats conservative approach? That makes a lot of freakin' sense.

This article is just trolling. It is the type of article where the writer deliberately says several stupid things in order to generate clicks.

Reaching for Mills in the first round would be an excellent reason to fire Belichick

His reasoning is stupid. Seems like he just wants to be a contrarian. Mills has upside so the Pats take him over Jones, who dropped because he was held back by the Pats conservative approach? That makes a lot of freakin' sense.
He wanted clicks...he's getting clicks.

Mills has a chance to be good - I'm not dissing him. But is there any reason in the world to think that he will be better than Jones? Their stats were similar, pushing Davis out to 17 games instead of 13. Davis was throwing to Brandon Cooks (1000+ AS ALWAYS) and a pair of RBs, mostly.

Mills might be a steal - because of where he was picked - and I could see a case where the Pats opt to pick someone else in Round 1 and grab Mills in the 3rd, sure.

Mills did look really good this year, especially as the season went on, and especially for a guy who was raw and really shouldn't have seen the field as a rookie - but this take is exceedingly stupid.

This article is just trolling. It is the type of article where the writer deliberately says several stupid things in order to generate clicks.

Exactly. The article serves its purpose very well, which has nothing to do with football conversation.

Ok, I get why some people may not be as high on Mac Jones as most Pats fans, but this redraft is ridiculous. They still have Lawrence, Wilson, and Lance going 1, 2, and 3 and the Pats selecting Davis Mills over Mac Jones at 15 and the Commanders taking Jones at 19. How Wilson and Lance haven't fallen is beyond me. Lance looks like he may have play back up for another year while he is still learning the position. Wilson looks like he is going to be either a disappointment or an outright bust.

200w.gif

200-1.gif

I had Mills as my third QB after Wilson and Fields. Since Lawrence was going to Jac.
I would of traded to the end of the first or beginning of the second to take Mills.
I bet if you twisted BBS arm Mills was ranked just below Mac Jones.

I had Mills as my third QB after Wilson and Fields. Since Lawrence was going to Jac.
I would of traded to the end of the first or beginning of the second to take Mills.
I bet if you twisted BBS arm Mills was ranked just below Mac Jones.
I didn’t think Mac would be at 15. Honestly the arm and athleticism had me down on him.

Mac had totally won me over.
I am really looking forward to see how he improves physically and mentally.
He is a born leader and has that like ability you can’t teach it’s natural and god given.
I ordered my Mac jersey the day we cut Cam.

Yeah a redraft after one year is premature. We've seen plenty of guys have a hot start to career, only to fall off a cliff. On the flip side, guys like Josh Allen looked like complete busts, but is now in the conversation as one of the best at his posisiton.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back