PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Words on things I watched, read & heard

I think he was quoting his thoughts from Harris's draft night.

Thanks. I thought he was reviewing his thoughts, but I now understand he was "cutting and pasting".

Last week against the Chargers, there were a string of about 4-5 plays were MIA had 8-9 DBs on the field.

is the first clip of Brooks getting pancaked ? He doesn’t even belong on the roster

He probably doesn't belong in the defensive gameplan, but the understanding when we signed him was that he would primarily contribute on ST. I really hope one of the young guys takes his DB snaps because he has absolutely 0 ceiling. Seems like one of those situations where he just keeps getting the nod on defense because of solid practice habits, kinda like Jonathan Freeny when he was here.

I think he said that was a quote of himself of notes from predraft/draft day (when TB status was still in limbo

Yes thanks. I did not understand he was "cutting and pasting". Please see discussion above.

is the first clip of Brooks getting pancaked ? He doesn’t even belong on the roster
Believe so
Yes thanks. I did not understand he was "cutting and pasting". Please see discussion above.
Just wanted to revisit some predraft/draft thoughts. Also to kinda highlight a few things ... That I probably should have actually highlighted when I copy/pasted it from draft night.

He's really capable of doing some fine things bc of his skill set. Vision, toughness & pass pro. I hope Sony is ok, we'll probably need him. Harris runs a bit too big at times, too tall, he does taker some real shot. He's more than capable of being an 18-22 touch guy with players like Rex/White to complement him.

White had a great pick up in pp the other game & then a rec. Big play.

His first step is a killer at times. He tries to make up for it with his second step like he did on the sack. It's forward or not gaining enough depth. It's not a deal breaker but something he could improve imo.

Yeah he's always going to struggle against speed from the edge during pass pro at RT...same as Cannon...so he'll always have to keep practicing his footwork to counter it...might need some chip help from time to time if somebody's getting the better of him too...

Yeah he's always going to struggle against speed from the edge during pass pro at RT...same as Cannon...so he'll always have to keep practicing his footwork to counter it...might need some chip help from time to time if somebody's getting the better of him too...
It happens. Everyone has a weakness or concerns. It just jumped out bc of the lack to depth, explosion off that first step and you can see him make up for it with his second step.

Guys will continue to try him outside. Hes used to everything coming at him directly not really defending half man rushes. We'll see, he can definitely improve.

Ball protection is critical for Newton to have even a tiny bit of success!

Very encouraging trend...I'm sure it must be frustrating at times for Cam to wait for somebody to break open; but he needs to just continue being patient, have confidence in his protection, and even when he leaves the pocket keep his eyes downfield...Those little dump-offs can be life-savers...Now let's see if Cam can make it "Last 7 Halves"...

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back