PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Words on things I watched, read & heard

You think those organizations were able to do something that Bill can’t do? I’m confused.
You shouldn't be...Bill & those to whom he listens now are completely incapable of building a roster without Brady.

You shouldn't be...Bill & those to whom he listens now are completely incapable of building a roster without Brady.
I don’t believe that for a second. Are the current results exactly where we want to be? Won’t get an argument from me there. I’m okay with giving Bill 2 more years before we start judging his build capabilities. Bill has proven that he can adapt.

Lynn has been awful this year. He should be on the "hot seat" if there is one. Legit started his friend TT bc he felt like Taylor got a raw deal at his stops and didn't think it would be an issue with a rookie QB. Completely blew up in his face and yesterday was another joke.

Those two are Not "QBs."
Captain oh Captain...

Mobility, scrambling ability are almost essential nowadays. The game isn't changing, it's changed drastically since Brady, Brees, Ben ... came into the league. The doors are blown off. Very soon, even right now, that's all we'll see.

You have take preference and what you like out of it or the game will pass you by. You have to roll with what players and athletes you have.

Look at the top 10-15 guys rn and who's coming into the league. They can all move.

It's all starting at the HS level. Coaches are putting the best athletes at QB instead of WR/RB or we. Again just a different game. Even the bigger guys like Lawrence, Cam, Allen can all move. Dabo lost Lawrence, turned around and had another 6'5/230 QB with a rocket arm who could take off.

Coaches love the idea of using the entire field and again these are the prospects that are coming up.

It'll be ok Capt. We just have to find the right one for us. Hopefully we get swamped by the Jets tonight, here's to 2-14 and an off-season of Little Billy jokes. I always love your nicknames!

I don’t believe that for a second. Are the current results exactly where we want to be? Won’t get an argument from me there. I’m okay with giving Bill 2 more years before we start judging his build capabilities. Bill has proven that he can adapt.
One of my biggest questions is whether he'll go with a rookie or vet QB for the rebuild?

Take his chances with a young prospect or try to get Ryan, Stafford, Jimmy. I wouldn't be surprised if he brought in Fitz next year to play a role.

One of my biggest questions is whether he'll go with a rookie or vet QB for the rebuild?

Take his chances with a young prospect or try to get Ryan, Stafford, Jimmy. I wouldn't be surprised if he brought in Fitz next year to play a role.
Question for you Bacon. There has been so much *****ing and moaning about the drafting of Sony Michel and in looking at the 2018 first round, Rashaad Penny went to the Seahawks four picks before we chose Sony. Since he was drafted, Penny has scored 5 TD total and had a severe injury last year and has still not suited up this year. I wonder how Hawks fans are viewing that pick?
What was your take on Penny coming out of college and where did you have him projected to go roughly?
Thank you.

Question for you Bacon. There has been so much *****ing and moaning about the drafting of Sony Michel and in looking at the 2018 first round, Rashaad Penny went to the Seahawks four picks before we chose Sony. Since he was drafted, Penny has scored 5 TD total and had a severe injury last year and has still not suited up this year. I wonder how Hawks fans are viewing that pick?
What was your take on Penny coming out of college and where did you have him projected to go roughly?
Thank you.
I could throw the 2017 class into the garbage. Probably my worst class.

I loved Guice and thought he had the most pro-ready game. Had him RB1 & Barkley RB2. He's been a bit of a disappointment as well.

I had Penny RB3. He most the most elusive coming out. Could catch and pick up tough yards. He averaged like 3.5 yards after contact behind the los. Barkley was like .40 or something. I saw a lot of big gain or nothing from SQB. Loved to watch him but wasn't sure he would be this transcendent back. Anyway Penny had some wheels too. He was definitely going top 40-50 if Seattle didn't take him. Displayed vision, ability to cut laterally. Vision hasn't been there in the NFL and he's been running behind some interesting OL. Probably not the best fit for Seattle tbh but he has been that good from what little I've actually really watched him. Definitely not a good fit though imo.

Edit Sony has been 100% better. Not saying much but Sony has been at least serviceable-pretty good when given a fair shake. Not a 1st round RB but he's at least been good at times.

My hope is he brings in a solid vet (Fitz, Mullens, just anyone who can manage a game) and drafts a rook, maybe even two. I know passes will be limited, but you can never have too many talented/promising qb’s in this league. Stock up the talent around this QB that you know you will land sometime over the next few years. We’re in a weird position. We’ve got plenty of holes, but a decent foundation as well. It’s gonna be fun.

I could throw the 2017 class into the garbage. Probably my worst class.

I loved Guice and thought he had the most pro-ready game. Had him RB1 & Barkley RB2. He's been a bit of a disappointment as well.

I had Penny RB3. He most the most elusive coming out. Could catch and pick up tough yards. He averaged like 3.5 yards after contact behind the los. Barkley was like .40 or something. I saw a lot of big gain or nothing from SQB. Loved to watch him but wasn't sure he would be this transcendent back. Anyway Penny had some wheels too. He was definitely going top 40-50 if Seattle didn't take him. Displayed vision, ability to cut laterally. Vision hasn't been there in the NFL and he's been running behind some interesting OL. Probably not the best fit for Seattle tbh but he has been that good from what little I've actually really watched him. Definitely not a good fit though imo.

Edit Sony has been 100% better. Not saying much but Sony has been at least serviceable-pretty good when given a fair shake. Not a 1st round RB but he's at least been good at times.
Thanks man. Really appreciate the knowledge.

Only watched half way sure not sure if he mentions it but Wilson has been working on his mechanisms and mechanics for about 2 years now. Really trying to put more hips/core into the pass. I love how he keeps his back foot in the ground. It's an accuracy booster imo. Brady always made it a point to keep his toes on ground on his back foot.
I equate to the needle on a record. Lift it up or some movement to it and the record skips. Some will lift it for velocity which sometimes you absolutely have to but it's always a good thing when I see it. He's definitely cleaned up his stuff.
He also practices though off platform passes. Passes in the move. Just like basketball players will practice last second, crazy shots. Arm angles.

I know some will use competition against him but sometimes that doesn't matter. He's been playing at very high level since going 18-18 in a bowl game as a FO. Injured last year and tearing it up this year. Sometimes I won't even factor in competition when scouting a prospect. Especially if the comp is terrible, I'm not getting caught up in it. It's about the prospect not who they're playing against. I say this bc I've heard every excuse imaginable. Guys like Burrow & Tua had it used against them in terms of "weapons". People would say they played on all-star teams or we. I mean the SEC is the best going conf by far but there's still some swiss cheese defenses in there. Anyway it's about the prospect a lot more than comp.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back