PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Willie McGinest arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it with all the pants falling down comments? Stereotype?

to me it all depends on why he did it... I have to believe that dude did something really bad for Willie to lose his cool and openly assault someone in public

Honestly tho the overall beating didnt seem that vicious, my friend left a bar in Boston a bunch of years ago and a group of 3-4 teens jumped and hospitalized him. He had broken jaw and multiple broken bones in his arm from trying to shield his head/face from them kicking it. When he got his first surgery to repair it his arm was in an S shape (looked like that POW dudes arm in the Ukraine War thread). He also didnt have medical insurance and went like $20,000 in debt for all of that. The group of teens that assaulted him had done it to others that month as well, and they were arrested a couple weeks after his beating for doing it to someone else who they ended up killing.. and they were a bunch of scrawny ass teenagers

This almost looks like this guy did something really messed up/insulting, so they smacked him up a bit but there's no way they were going full power on this dude or he'd be dead... it was more like a smack down to embarrass him and put him in his place
No way on God's green earth was that attack anything but a planned sucker-punch attack by Willie and his crew. That wasn't just happenstance.

As to your friend who got jumped in a Boston bar, are we supposed to ask what he did to deserve that beating? Of course not.

In this case, the video says it all.

No way on God's green earth was that attack anything but a planned sucker-punch attack by Willie and his crew. That wasn't just happenstance.

As to your friend who got jumped in a Boston bar, are we supposed to ask what he did to deserve that beating? Of course not.

That particular friend does run his mouth off a lot, but usually not unsolicited and never to a degree that would deserve the beating he took

obviously im just making up a hypothetical here, and originally i thought this was at a restaurant but apparently is a night club? what if that dude put a rufie in some girl's drink that they knew?

Again im not saying that happened, but that is an example where the context would make it seem less severe.. ive heard of it happening at bars i frequented back in my 20s, i never personally saw it but i know one girl in our friend circle got a rufie in a drink one night and fortunately there were people in the group that noticed before some guy ran off with her, and ive heard of guys getting caught doing it and getting the absolute bag beaten out of them (as they should)

context is important.. its still not going to legally excuse what he did but could sure change the tone of this encounter

What is it with all the pants falling down comments? Stereotype?
maybe watch the video before feeling the need to type the word stereotype....

We don't know what lead to the beat down. Willie as far as I know hasn't done this kind of thing on the past. So everything is speculation at this point. Obviously this was planned but why? Let me ask you. What would get someone to do this? I know I wouldn't over something petty like cheated me out of some money or some disrespect thing....but if it were something like someone threatening or touching your family.....your daughters or your wife could you imagine yourself take things into your own hands?

maybe watch the video before feeling the need to type the word stereotype....
Duh, his pants came down during the altercation. I saw it. After watching it his pants coming down was the last thing I gleaned from it., not the first or the one to make a big deal over

its Cali..he's going to get locked up regardlress of what dude who got beat down did to anyone else
The DA in LA County no longer prosecutes
The Purge is no longer annual, it's 24 / 7 / 365

5-10 years in prison should cure him of his thuggish ways. People who defend him should be horsewhipped.

5-10 years in prison should cure him of his thuggish ways. People who defend him should be horsewhipped.
look it. If this was just a stupid gang style turf kind of retaliation, yeah prosecute his ass to the full extent. After all his pants were down.....but let's wait until we see the reason before we go all in on fry the "thug". Otherwise cure yourself

Any legal beagles here with fighting words doctrine expertise?

I get the “we don’t know what went down beforehand” angle. He might have had some reasons to get violent.

The use of the bottle ruins it all.
People can lose it in the fog of war. It doesn't excuse it but it helps explains it, but what led him to this will either make the whole thing completely inexcusable or understandable. But yeah, the bottle will be his undoing

Last edited:
Zo on the radio said he spoke to a mutual friend and that he was told "there's more to the story". The only way this makes any sense is if that guy did something to a family member.
There may be more which helps McGinest in the court of public opinion but I can’t imagine anything that helps him legally.

We don't know what lead to the beat down. Willie as far as I know hasn't done this kind of thing on the past.
He was part of a group found not guilty in college after having been accused of sexual assault. Keep
in mind this was 30+ years ago when we lived in a country where people used to be afforded the presumption of innocence. I always wondered how different that case would have gone had it happened in our modern “#metoo” day and age. Maybe the court case may have gone similarly but would he have been allowed to continue playing football?
So everything is speculation at this point. Obviously this was planned but why? Let me ask you. What would get someone to do this? I know I wouldn't over something petty like cheated me out of some money or some disrespect thing....but if it were something like someone threatening or touching your family.....your daughters or your wife could you imagine yourself take things into your own hands?
As I mentioned before, something like that would help him in the court of public opinion but not from a legal standpoint. Legally I don’t see any defense to what he did but I think it is very possible he may come off much more sympathetically once things come out.

I am not a “legal beagle” but have tried to come up with something that could exonerate McGinest (legally) but I just can’t thing of anything.

The problem is McGinest was completely removed from the situation. If the guy threatened McGinest (or one of his friends) outside the restaurant, you can’t just walk in and pummel him. If the guy assaulted, say, a loved one of McGinest, you can’t just walk in and pummel him. That’s nothing more than taking the law into your own hands.

I haven't been this shocked at an NFL player's conduct since OJ Simpson reprised HIS role as "the slashing runner" one warm June night in 1994...I think all of you should continue your virtuous signaling until every Gascon is brought to light...

Tough to find any legal defense there, regardless of the bottle. If there'd been a confrontation earlier, what we see is still a situation without any immediate threat to a group facing one man.

I'm pretty SHOCKED this happened, especially with his NFLN Contract on the line due to cameras...forget cell phones.
Stupid Would be an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots