PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Willie McGinest arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willie was a regular at the restaurant and the guy was sitting in his booth.

Funny.

But the attack was premeditated. They were looking for him. They knew him.

You need to get your head out of the sand if you don't think there's problems in the public schools, and not just in CA. There were problems 30 years ago when my kids were in grade school and it's much worse now.
Exactly. The Koch brothers made the many sh*tty US public schools sh*tty? Lol.

I can’t remember being so disappointed by a former Patriots player as much as this.

When Michael Haynes trashed the organization from his perch in Oakland, that stung a little. Cuz it was probably true.

But McGinest must have an anger management issue that will cost him dearly. Money, reputation.

Is it likely he serves time in prison?

We only had to wait another 25 years to finally win the Lombardi. But man, was it worth the wait.
And didn’t McGinest have a bad penalty called on him that almost gave the game away?

Really?

So Hernandez left you less disappointed?

thats a bit of a wow statement ...
I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure Hernandez escaped him.

I will never forget McGinest at training camp ... Bryant College ... now a university.
Parcells ... head coach ... and he would bark WILLIE! WILLIE!! WILLIE!!!
McGinest had to fetch all kinds of crap .... still one of my favorite Patriots .... top 10.

Last edited:
I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure Hernandez escaped him.
have to respectfully disagree... AH should never "escape" any Patriots fan memory

Upon further review... Willie deserves to do jail time. It wasn't like he just lost his cool and went after the guy. He was the main part of a group sneak attack and finished him off with a bottle to the head. Willie was lucky that his victim lived.

He was however unlucky enough to do it right in front of a camera. This incident is just another example of a player with a very high football IQ proving that there's no correlation between that and real life.

have to respectfully disagree... AH should never "escape" any Patriots fan memory
Well yes we shouldn't but I seriously doubt he meant what Willy did was worse than what AH did. I just don't think it occurred to him at the time.

None of us know 100% sure what this was all about. I agree the optics are bad, but there's always more to the story, and there most assuredly is here as well. I am going to wait and see what the thing is about before I pass my own judgement on Mr. McGinest.

None of us know 100% sure what this was all about. I agree the optics are bad, but there's always more to the story, and there most assuredly is here as well. I am going to wait and see what the thing is about before I pass my own judgement on Mr. McGinest.
Absolutely ... good post.

Absolutely ... good post.
Boston Celtics Basketball GIF by NBA

None of us may ever know what it was all about but we all saw exactly what happened. It was a planned sneak attack by a gang of men on an unsuspecting single victim who was sitting down at the time.

None of us may ever know what it was all about but we all saw exactly what happened. It was a planned sneak attack by a gang of men on an unsuspecting single victim who was sitting down at the time.

need to be careful with the victim label, no idea what that guy did to get a guy like Willie to lose control like that

McGinest is not known for this type of behavior and has been a consummate professional.. That guy did something, so I'll save the victim tag status for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News