PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Cyrus Jones make this team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you guys just continuing the circlejerk or which plays from yesterdays game exactly gave any indication of his CB abilities ?

I am honestly interested to know because I havent seen any memorable good or bad play from Cyrus on defense yesterday. I got my gamepass ready so just give me the approximate play and maybe I can see something I missed.

haha. I just went through the entire game to specifically watch him. He had a decent game. He came in the middle of the 2nd qtr.

Although it was Watson at QB C. Jones maintained close coverage in man and zone it was tough to tell.

I think the only strike against him would be a missed tackle.

It's the mental decisions that bother me more than dropping punts (which are probably mental too). Even in a good game he makes a risky catch at the 10 on a punt that was heading to the end zone.

I don't know if I can ever trust him back there.

It's the mental decisions that bother me more than dropping punts (which are probably mental too). Even in a good game he makes a risky catch at the 10 on a punt that was heading to the end zone.

I don't know if I can ever trust him back there.

....or it is a Pre-Season game and the coaching staff told him to play everything so as to get some work in on the squad's blocking techniques, etc.

Last night was not a game. It was a simulated evaluation opportunity for the 50 or so bubble guys.

Context.

haha. I just went through the entire game to specifically watch him. He had a decent game. He came in the middle of the 2nd qtr.

Although it was Watson at QB C. Jones maintained close coverage in man and zone it was tough to tell.

I think the only strike against him would be a missed tackle.
If he plays to his potential he should make the team as CB4 or 5

....or it is a Pre-Season game and the coaching staff told him to play everything so as to get some work in on the squad's blocking techniques, etc.

Last night was not a game. It was a simulated evaluation opportunity for the 50 or so bubble guys.

Context.

You make a good point. BB knows best, but I'd hope someone who makes decisions like Cyrus (the one at the goal line last year comes to mind) would be working on that first.

If he plays to his potential he should make the team as CB4 or 5

I'm just glad that some of the stuff we heard about him during practices is starting to show up during the games.

It looks like he just said, "Screw it, I ain't going out this way". hahaha

That first punt return was ballsy as hell.

upload_2017-8-20_13-13-2.png

Cyrus did well for himself well last night.:cool:

The guy is a work in progress. BB sees something worth investing in, at the moment. A lot of guys looked out of sync. Hell , Butler looked bad.

If he doesn't continued to improve, he will be gone or riding the pine.

Boy, some of you would've already cut Cyrus, Brissett, Ealy, AND Bolden--weeks ago. Lol. I'm the polar opposite. I'd keep all 4.

I'ma gonna cut you ,man!

wha? are you insinuating the I, Mr Tact, could possibly be a Donnie Downer?

Boy, some of you would've already cut Cyrus, Brissett, Ealy, AND Bolden--weeks ago. Lol. I'm the polar opposite. I'd keep all 4.

90 guys
53 (max) make the cut

A lot of guys are going to get axed.

90 guys
53 (max) make the cut

A lot of guys are going to get axed.
So, best guess, how many of the aforementioned four?

Cyrus is most likely going to get another year to grow and work on his abilities. It's hard to imagine him getting axed as a 2nd round pick so quickly.

Ealy is almost a must now, with the departures of Ninkovich and Rivers. He also had two quality practices and a decent game last week.

Brissett, despite the unreasonably high standard that people seem to have for a guy still learning the offense in his 2nd year, would never make it through to the PS. That's not even bringing up the Garoppolo situation for next year.

Bolden, after hearing Belichick's comments about how his spot was never in danger last year, continues to receive praise and solidify his ST value. He could be the one that may get cut and brought back a couple days later, though.

oh...uh, yeah...I admit, I'm a sadistic SOB sometimes...here's a tip, if you're waiting around to see a kinder , gentler Joe Kerr you've got a better chance of seeing God first...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back