PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Cyrus Jones make this team

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF is it, you related to Jones or what? After every gaffe he made he walked down the sideline ignoring his teammates. Yes, I saw it. Yes, it stuck out. You want to start a last word war or what?

So, you were there on the sidelines and know for a fact that he refused to speak to his teammates? Is that something that no other Pats player ever does or ever has done after a bad play?

Was he required to speak with the media after the game?

I heard about it on the radio. They said he wouldn't speak with the reporters after the game although he was at his locker. I didn't hear about him not talking to his teammates.

Athletes who don't speak after a bad game have never really bothered me. Those that snap at reporters, HC's etc.. usually signals the end.

Hannable tried to play the 97 yard TD down by saying "the receiver had a half step and Jones didn't get help in time". Half step? jeezus krist he beat him off the line untouched and ran AWAY from Jones, and I mean RAN AWAY from him...like Jones was running in sand or something. Rewatch the play, he gets beat by a good 6 yards at the end.

Hannable tried to play the 97 yard TD down by saying "the receiver had a half step and Jones didn't get help in time". Half step? jeezus krist he beat him off the line untouched and ran AWAY from Jones, and I mean RAN AWAY from him...like Jones was running in sand or something. Rewatch the play, he gets beat by a good 6 yards at the end.

I've watched it multiple times. The first TD he was right there but he played the ball and not the player. While looking for the ball he stumbles a bit and ends up to the left of the receiver and four or five yards behind him.

But initially he had great coverage but played it wrong.

This is when they both first look up at the ball.
upload_2017-8-13_15-8-51.png

This is where he gets tripped up a bit.
upload_2017-8-13_15-13-18.png

WTF is it, you related to Jones or what? After every gaffe he made he walked down the sideline ignoring his teammates. Yes, I saw it. Yes, it stuck out. You want to start a last word war or what?

There's more than enough to analyze and objectively criticize about Jones' performance on the field of play, and I certainly have done so. But I also acknowledge that there are things going on with other players on the field that I can't see, and with coaches instructions that I have no way of knowing about, that may affect Jones' performance. I also try to restrain myself from stating for a fact what the coaches and players are thinking because I'm not a mind-reader.

So what if he wouldn't speak to his teammates or the press? For all we know, he may have been angry with himself or simply embarrassed.

Your speculations, stated as if they were fact ...

He's been sulking all preseason in camp.

Jones is born and raised in Baltimore. He's a natural Patriot HATER ...

... and now that's things have gone sideways he's showing his intent to be a large negative in the clubhouse.

He wants out ...

... simply seem like you're attempting to build a case against him for some "attitude problem". Unless you were being sarcastic and/or parodying something and I missed it, it just seems like totally unnecessary ********.

This is way too much discussion for Cyrus "burnt toast" Jones. He sucks. Cut him and move on.

Fine by me, but then would he be replaced by…Justin Coleman? Yukk.

Agree.

The Pats kept six CBs on the roster last season, and the only year-to-year change to this point has been Gilmore replacing Ryan.

Potential replacements for Cy Jones who are currently on the roster include Moore, Killings, Likely (heh). But one of those guys could just as easily replace Coleman, who appears to have already achieved his full potential at CB, and that's not saying much. Coleman has also contributed a grand total of only 80 ST snaps over the past two seasons.

Cyrus Jones got abused today by Texans WRs

Masslive reporting

**Cyrus Jones got beat on a crossing route that went for a significant gain.**

So, Jones isn't helping the "BB can't draft DB's" narrative (Butler was an UDFA)?

Last edited:
Thought his ability to return kicks was good, but does not seem to be able to play CB in the NFL...

Yep which is sad

Well maybe he can return kicks after all...... not bad tonight.

Still doesn't know how to play CB.

Thought his ability to return kicks was good, but does not seem to be able to play CB in the NFL...

Are you guys just continuing the circlejerk or which plays from yesterdays game exactly gave any indication of his CB abilities ?

I am honestly interested to know because I havent seen any memorable good or bad play from Cyrus on defense yesterday. I got my gamepass ready so just give me the approximate play and maybe I can see something I missed.

Well maybe he can return kicks after all...... not bad tonight.

Still doesn't know how to play CB.

How did you come to the conclusion "he doesn't know how to play CB" after last night's game?

He had a decent game. I only saw one 3 yard reception against him.

Anyways he had a much improved game over last week. imo. His Return skills finally flashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News