Replies:
Asking for your support

Will TB beat Brees' TD record

• Yes

Votes: 42 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
We're not facing any super dominant defenses.
This year we're going to need to win with offense.
It's only a few more games.

I'd be shocked if any of the teams we face manage to shut us out.
The team only remotely capable is the @ Bengals game.

The Patriots have been a model of offensive consistency the last three seasons.

In any case, TFB wants the stats and the wins—he just wants the wins more.

We're not facing any super dominant defenses.
This year we're going to need to win with offense.
It's only a few more games.

I'd be shocked if any of the teams we face manage to shut us out.
The team only remotely capable is the @ Bengals game.

I don't think anyone is suggesting they will be held out of the end zone for an entire game, but that there may be a game where their TDs are all rushing.

All-time consecutive uninterrupted games with at least one touchdown pass

1 Tom Brady September 12, 2010 – present 48
2 Drew Brees September 9, 2010 - November 25, 2012 43
3 Brett Favre October 20, 2002 – November 29, 2004 36
4 Dave Krieg December 11, 1983 – November 10, 1985 28
5 Peyton Manning September 27, 1998 – December 19, 1999 27
6 Johnny Unitas December 9, 1956 – November 2, 1958 26

Brees sat out the last game of the '09 regular season.

unless he gets hurt I don't see how he cant.

You can miss games and it won't count against you or else it would be Brady's record right now, see my post above.

You can miss games and it won't count against you or else it would be Brady's record right now, see my post above.[/QUO

Sorry should have been more succinct. Say he starts the game gets injured before he can throw a td. I'm under the assumption that would break the streak.

Yup! I see why not and add to his own new one.

Depends on how important this stat is to Brady. I doubt he will put the team's winning record on the line over some ridiculous TD stat. Brees desperation against ATL for a TD last year was almost embarrassing. He just needed to get that TD, regardless if his team made the playoffs or not. What a shame, the sad part is no-one is even gonna remember the stat a year from now.

Probably. Here are the teams he faces.

Bills, Jets, Bucs, Falcons, Bengals. Saints, Jets (If I am not mistaken those are the teams in the correct order).

The Hardest games to score a TD will probably be the Bucs and Bengals. A lot of people think the Patriots will run over the Bucs D but I don't know about that. They were missing a shutdown CB and one of the top FS in the game. It will be harder next time. The Bengals I don't need to go into to. Their D is good and their front 4 especially which tends to be the formula for giving the Patriot offense fits.

I think He will get it but I don't really care much.

Yeah, I think he can. If the Pats lose the game, I'd imagine he wouldn't care about the streak, though.

I voted no because voting Yes would be a weird jinx. Don't ask :)

Why is this record such a big deal? It's so specific. It seems like every year some well-known player breaks a record I didn't know even existed just to boost jersey sales.

It's a meaningful record. It had stood for 52 years, since 1960, when Brees broke it. When you consider that QB's named Favre, Montana, Starr and Staubach played during those years and didn't even come close to breaking it...yeah, it's meaningful. Not as meaningful as winning four SB's or five NFL titles, like Montana or Starr, but it is meaningful. It's also about putting points on the board, not something "statistical" like completion or INT percentages.

It isn't something I'd spend a lot of energy arguing about, since there are different views on what individual records mean anyway. If you believe that Titles are the only real measure of success, that's a reasonable point of view as well. But as individual records go, this is a big one.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back