PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wildcard Game Thread: Chargers @ Ravens

Weird you said that I just said to my buddy I can see a 24-10 final
Just gotta hope Rivers delivers. People want to put him as a top tier qb, but he isn’t. He’s had some pretty bad stinkers over the years, he isn’t on the same level as the tier one QB, he’s a tier two with Big Ben.

I'm split on who I want us to play. On one hand I want the chance to knock the Ravens and their ****hole city and franchise out of the playoffs. But LA is the more complete team and if we're gonna make a Super Bowl run I want to see that this team can hang with a team like LA.

But **** the Ravens more than anything. So go Ravens! Come get ya ass beat!

To be fair, LA is only the 'more complete team', because Baltimore can't throw.

I honestly don’t know who I’d rather face. The Ravens have a one dimensional rookie qb but have a tough defense . The chargers would have to travel across the country to play in a cold tough environment.

According to some of the "advanced metrics", in this case, FPI, which measures "defensive efficiency", the Chargers defense is ranked higher than the Ravens.
You have to look at a wide array of stats, give them more or less weight according to importance(e.g. points allowed carries more weight than yards allowed)and also put them all in context.
So the Ravens have a better defense than LA, but not by much. And LA has a far superior offense that can attack in multiple ways. Their road record is impressive. Rivers is very good qb, tho I'm not a huge fan of him, but he is light years more valuable right now than Jackson.
The Chargers are the hardest team to figure out. They probably are the most talented team in the NFL and have the best combo of offense and defense. But sometimes they just don't show up.
I think they'll beat Balt, but I'm not betting on it.

I think I'm going to keep track of the posters who say..

So and so from the Brownouts is going to kill us

So and so from the Ratbirds is going to kill us

We are going to lose/get out ass kicked, etc

To be fair, LA is only the 'more complete team', because Baltimore can't throw.
Yup. Baltimore is too one dimensional and unfortunately it's the dimension we suck against but I like our chances of being able to focus on stopping the run with an elite secondary to back us up. What worries me the most is that a well balanced offense will come in and have 7 minute drives left and right on our defense and it quickly becomes a problem with a couple of three and outs from our offense.

I think I'm going to keep track of the posters who say..

So and so from the Brownouts is going to kill us

So and so from the Ratbirds is going to kill us

We are going to lose/get out ass kicked, etc
Point em out. We should have a blanket party with any fan who doesn't believe in a BB and TB playoff team*

*Except if the game is on the road. Because I fall into that category and don't like being on the bad end of a blanket party

Apparently there was someone here who said we would beat Denver in 2015

Apparently there was someone here who said we would beat Denver in 2015
People were rooting for Denver vs Pittsburgh...whatever though all in the past.

I don’t know who will win this game but one thing is for sure, the team with the most points will come out on top.

I am just laughing at the blatant manipulation, and interference from the NFL with what gets aired on the CBS pregame show- listing the Jets and the Browns as the best possible coaching situation? Please.

Sure they have promising QB's and players, and cap space, but as long as you have impatient, meddling owners, and GM's that aren't on the same page as you, none of that matters.

Would love to see Pats giving Ravens a beatdown next week, followed by a thrashing of the Colts and a pounding of the Eagles or Cowboys in the SB. Orgasmic.

Oh great. Time to mute the TV for the next 20 minutes during this speech

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back