PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wildcard Game Thread: Chargers @ Ravens

i am looking for this game...i think San Diego Chargers...mmm...Bolts...mmm Los Angeles Chargers will win

Reminder: the BROWNS put up 426 yards on that amazing Ravens defense in Baltimore in an elimination game last weekend.

The Ratbirds have one win against a playoff team this year (1-3 overall). They beat the Chargers. The problem the Ratbirds have today is that the Chargers will make adjustments to stop Lamar Jackson. The Chargers are the first team Jackson will face twice in his career. He won't see the same defensive formations. Good luck, rookie.

In the absence of an active Jets Suck thread, let me point out that the Ratbirds suck, and their coach doesn't know the rules.

I honestly don’t know who I’d rather face. The Ravens have a one dimensional rookie qb but have a tough defense . The chargers would have to travel across the country to play in a cold tough environment.

Provided it gets cold that particular weekend...

I prefer Ravens to Chargers as our opponent but it is hard to believe they will win today. Ravens are based on strong defense and running game. Chargers to me are more dangerous because they are more balanced team with no clear weaknesses. Chargers' passing game including Rivers,Williams,Allen and even Gordon and Ekeler on the contrary to Ravens' could be leathal weapon for every NFL team. All in all no matter who we will meet at Foxborough it is gonna be a tough matchup and of course we will win :)

If this is true then you know Bill and Ernie saw this and will take advantage. Pats win comfortably.

Harbaugh is going to complain to the competition committee. They should be allowed to place the ball on the left field numbers. That way their QB can use the whole field.

Ravens acting like real clowns now. I want the Pats to do the honours, but this makes me wanna see LA beat the snot out of em.

I don't care either way. Yesterday , both the teams I wanted to win lost, so it's better not to root for anyone in particular. The Pats will be ready for which ever team shows up !

Thanks to Houston's ineptitude, the Pats are going to have to take the hard road to the SB. Two teams I don't want to face in the semi-finals are Baltimore and LA. But if I have to pick my poison, it will be Baltimore, even tho I'll be rooting for LA because I like them much more, which will make this a strange viewing.

What bothers me is that we could easily be a One-and-Out this year, but at least a top dog team will do the compliments.

I'm split on who I want us to play. On one hand I want the chance to knock the Ravens and their ****hole city and franchise out of the playoffs. But LA is the more complete team and if we're gonna make a Super Bowl run I want to see that this team can hang with a team like LA.

But **** the Ravens more than anything. So go Ravens! Come get ya ass beat!

On ESPN last night they said “jackson’s Style won’t work in the playoffs.” That just gives Baltimore added motivation.

I'm split on who I want us to play. On one hand I want the chance to knock the Ravens and their ****hole city and franchise out of the playoffs. But LA is the more complete team and if we're gonna make a Super Bowl run I want to see that this team can hang with a team like LA.

But **** the Ravens more than anything. So go Ravens! Come get ya ass beat!
Neither matchup is a favorable one.

Chargers should be -2. They’ll win roughly 24-10. They’ll be prepared for Lamar this time around.

Weird you said that I just said to my buddy I can see a 24-10 final

I've been going back and forth on which team I'd prefer to see:

-Ravens: rookie QB, limited passing game but Jackson can beat you with some throws; very good running game, which is the weak point of our D

-Chargers: well-rounded team, back-to-back games on the East coast, temperatures should be in the high 20s next week, which might hurt their passing game a bit

I think right now I'd prefer the Chargers, only because of the weather and travel for them
But all of those runs we gave up were due to trying to stop the pass. Flores could stack the box and dare Jackson to throw. The guy is only completing 58% of his passes.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back