PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wild card weekend game thread: Colts @ Texans

I like the Ravens matchup. We can afford to load up the box with a 4-3 or 4-4 and force them to throw on the best corner duo in the game
It is true that since 2001, a rookie qb has never won in Gillette. Past games don’t matter only the next one does but it’s still an interesting stat

Yeah, this idea that the Ravens are an automatic lock to beat a tough LA team that went 7-1 on the road seems faulty to me.

I don’t know who will win tomorrow, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see LA beat N.England next week if they made it that far. They have big, strong WRs, an experienced QB, a solid defensive front, a pro bowl CB and S, and can use Melvin Gordon effectively.

One thing though...this season...and in the past...Rivers seems to have a propensity for throwing early interceptions that we could turn into points.

The Patriots...if anything...are VERY GOOD at playing with a lead via clock management and with a QB who lives for the next play.

Houston may get shutout at home.

Texans only playoff win under BOB is over the Raiders with a horrible QB.

Neither the chargers or ravens are a good matchup for us only because we don’t play the chargers that often. We’ve played the ravens more but their offensive schemes have changed. They even have a different quarterback. So there’s a lot of unknowns here.

Chargers are the much more complete team.
Ravens are one dimensional on offense.
Doesn't matter how bad Pats run D has been, Ravens can't do anything but run so they can be absolutely shut down.
Their D is superb.
But TB et al will have much more success vs. their D than LJ will have vs. Pats D. Pats win easily.
Chargers could be very close game.

I just saw a writer say Rivers is the Marino of this era lmao what even?
Big #s....no titles.

Rivers isn't on the same planet at Marino

I would have loved to play this Texans team...

Why are so many of you afraid to play Baltimore? If the Pats are gonna win the SB then they can beat anyone, especially the Ravens. They have more chance losing to the Chargers... And I don't see why be scared of them either.

The chicken littles of the bunch are the reason people are able to make fun of Pats fans so much

It could be the Pats vs a high school football team and many on here would be "worried and concerned"

Or the Hallmark channel - more excitement than this game.

The Waterboy is on Paramount right now :)

Mack just juked half of Houston's defense.

Mack is a very good runner

Feels like another 54-51 game next week

Rivers.....meh
Pretty sure we said the same thing about Flacco, and he gave us 4 crazy postseason games.

Sometimes, those experienced QBs can do just enough to take advantage. Rivers could be a guy that falls right into this category. That said, it’s the WRs and defense that concern me more than the QB.

No one said it would be an easy path! :)

Crazy, The texans still have a chance here.

Chargers are the much more complete team.
Ravens are one dimensional on offense.
Doesn't matter how bad Pats run D has been, Ravens can't do anything but run so they can be absolutely shut down.
Their D is superb.
But TB et al will have much more success vs. their D than LJ will have vs. Pats D. Pats win easily.
Chargers could be very close game.
It's funny you say that because the Ravens shut down Chargers and Chargers couldn't stop the Ravens.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back