PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why not offer a 5th for Trent Green?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to hear from any Dolphins fans about the Green situation. Any posts from them?

Trent Green already won a super bowl as backup due to injury, so he alraedy has his ring. I think his main goal would be to win it as the starter.

Trent Green already won a super bowl as backup due to injury, so he alraedy has his ring. I think his main goal would be to win it as the starter.

Then Miami makes no sense for him whatsoever

I am not sure if he is signed yet,but the PERFECT 3rd string QB in my opinion available to my knowledge is Jay Fiedler - He would make a nice experienced backup QB

As Curly of the 3 stooges would say "nyaaahhahhhhahhhahh".......Fiedler? No way........I would rather go with another option if at all possible!

Well that's now what I'm hearing, sounding like it's a lot closer to this weekend.

http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10184868

The reason Miami wants him is because they believe they can contend and I don't see why not with one of the best defenses in the entire league. Another reason is because Trent Green knows this offense very well and would be a great mentor/bridge to the future guy to John Beck. And lastly the only viable QB that could pass as a starter on the Dolphins' roster has just 1 knee. So there are plenty of reasons why Miami wants Trent Green.

Dude....puh-leese...take off the rose colored/homer glasses.....Miami is in a serious rebuilding phase under a new/questionable coach.......You guys are several years away from going anywhere in the playoffs. Not trying to be mean here.......it is just the simple truth.

This is like deja vu all over again with Aqua...

A lot of us tried to tell him two years ago that beating us in a meaningless week 17 game, on our way to the playoffs and the dolphins way to the golf course, was indicative of nothing. That in fact the way Saban was carrying on about winning meaningless games like a male cheerleader was about as un-Belichickean as you can get. We also told him that Daunte Culpepper was a waste of time, and backing him up with Joey Harrington was just insuring redundant mediocrity at the QB position - something Miami HC's have been saddling themselves with for a decade now.

This year we're telling him that his beloved 'Phins are more than just a concussed 38 year old QB, or a 2nd round rookie QB from BYU away from remotely resembling a contender. His team just spent - correct that wasted two years attempting to implement Saban's philosophy. The end result was about as successful as when his predecessor was at the helm. Now they will undertake their third system in 3 years, under another rookie NFL HC. And one who has the same guy shopping for his groceries as the last guy had - someone Saban planned to fire had he not bolted himself. It's almost too easy.

The Dolphins are at least two years away from being relavent. And by then the glue that held that defense together through the Wandstat years and made at least it formidable, Thomas and Taylor, will be over 35 - and Huizenga will have probably sold the team to some hotshot who wants to start his own rebuilding program in Miami.

Believe me, when it's time for the rest of the AFC to worry about Miami, Pat's fans will be the first to let Aqua know.

Aqua is the NEM of doofin fanland.....a relentless homer that just doesn't get it .....(maybe this is being a little hard on NEM).....But Aqua is the ultimate rose colored glasses, homeristic fan that thinks every year....his team is going to make a run at the super bowl.......I know it is sad......3rd grade (at best) mentality......probably has a brittany spears poster on his headboard......but people need to face it.....there are starry eyed fans like aqua out there for every team........sad...yet comical....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes