SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Panthers
Thu
Aug 22nd
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Pats Best Rookie?
Chase Winovich is off to a terrific start here in preseason and looks to have a bright future ahead of him.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Why did this team sign Tebow?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Claremonster, Aug 10, 2013.

?

Should the Patriots cut Tebow?

1. Cut Tebow

155 vote(s)
    64.6%
  2. Keep Tebow

85 vote(s)
    35.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9,162
    This thread is like watching a whole fan base turn into a zombie flick. The apocalypse only ends when everybody's a zombie or the zombies are all even more dead when they started...

[​IMG]

2. SDI_Gator

SDI_Gator Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0
    ..brrraainzz...

3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,243
    But you just DID answer. I like Tebow and hoped he had succeeded, but its pretty evident that what ever he had in college and for a couple of months in Denver is gone. And he is a more of cult hero, no matter how bad he plays his hard core fans find excuses. It is the Cult of T Tebow.

4. Afam

Afam On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +105
    Fair enough. that's true in some cases but that's not me. I'm a pats fan, I just happen to root for whoever is on the patriots to succeed whether they suck or not. If he makes the team, I hope he works on his throwing mechanics alot and listens to whatever the coaches tells him to do and soaks it all in.

Tebow must improve to be on this team. If he doesn't make it, then he should consider retiring because they is no other coach better than bill belichick.

I will always be a patriots fan anyway before a fan of tebow. Too be honest, I really didn't care too much about tebow until people started making fun of him and so forth. We get it he sucks, he needs to get better and that is putting it nicely but no need to deemean the guy. Some sports althetes already have a bad perception about Boston ala Adrian Gonzalez , Carl Crawford. Lets us not add onto that. He makes the team. Good, he doesn't oh well. Life goes on.

5. Afam

Ratings:
    +105
    We are Partiots fans and not fans of teams like the jets. Lets act like it. We can agree that a player sucks but lets keep it like that or try to root for him. To be honest I happen to think tebow sucks at least as a qb but do you see me making fun of him and his supporters no. Heck mallet, dowling, along with some other pariots suck but I still root for them. heck I go far back marooney sucked, but I kept rooting for him. So did Ben Watson and so forth.

6. Oinko

Oinko On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +194
    That's the spirit, that's how I feel about it.

7. fnordcircle

fnordcircle The poster who James White said inspires him. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +26,263
    Sorry, I'd rather be right on an internet message board than watch my team be successful.

8. Brady6

Brady6 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,800
    Re: Re: Tebow's NFL career may be coming to a sad end.

I agree with you completely, with that said it is understandable that fans have become more concerned with who a player is given the horrific crime Hernandez is alleged to had done, for that reason I think its important to be sensitive to the fact that we're fans who want to see the team but we also want to be able to take are children to a game and be able to point to the players as productive members of society.

9. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +31,363
    oh well...the Jets want the Chosen One back....wonder what we can $ucker them out of?...a 1st and 2 2nd's? heh heh...I know I know...just alittle comic relief..

Sign Tebow if cut! (Hear me out)

10. Brady6

Brady6 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,800
    Re: Re: Why did this team sign Tebow?

Imagine if Manning got injured we could create a bidding war,what did St Louis receive from Washington for the RGIII pick? ×2

11. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +9,162
    Zombie apocalypse wouldn't go anywhere in the Meadowlands. They'd starve to death.

12. Oinko

Oinko On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +194
    It's a given in any Tebow discussion that the following statements (true or false) are the ultimate difference-makers in any decision to sign him or keep him:

Statement 1
    Tebow is currently re-learning everything about how to pass the ball, including mechanics, timing, when and where to go with the ball, and even confidence; there is a good chance with an entire year to work on it the right way that he can develop into a good conventional quarterback. His considerable running talents and intangibles make that at least arguably worthwhile.

Statement 2
    Tebow is terrible, and the struggles we see are the real Tebow, the best he can do. He is not worth investing time into as a player.

All the rest is crap.
    Where everybody is coming from is determined by where they fall on either Statement 1 or Statement 2. The rest is red herring. Nobody thinks he should make the team because he's a nice guy. Nobody thinks keeping a 6th safety is more important than a quarterback. It's just people talking past each other. May as well just holler "Statement 1" and "Statement 2" at each other.

13. Remarker

Remarker Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have no heart at all? Black Hearted Woman - Allman Bros.

Short of egregious historical atrocities, sending Tim back to the Jets would be one of the most black hearted acts against humanity on record. :eek:

14. FirstAndGoal

FirstAndGoal 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1,056
    I'll drive him down to their training camp. :D

15. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +9,162
    Against Tebow or the JEST?

16. Afam

Ratings:
    +105
    Well said. To be statement one should be what tebow should do and my opinion on the whole matter. I will give tebow a whole year and an half to work on his mechanics and if he doesn't show an Improvements, we should cut him.

Tebow needs to throw that ugly so called throwing mechanics he has and come up with a new one that bill has in store for him. If someone like me I who is still new to the football game could pick that out, that speaks volumes. I have been following football/ the patriots for about 10 years now. Anyways why tebow is not accurate with the ball is because of the way he releases the ball. He brings the ball up way too high . I wonder who thought him that throwing motion because boy is it ugly. He pretty much has to re learn how to be a quarterback again.

17. Remarker

Ratings:
    +0
    Hahaha, Wrecks, is that you?

18. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +17,545
    The bigger question is:

Why is this thread about Tebow still going?

At best he is a #3 QB and at worst he is cut. Or is the other way around. Why spend your time arguing?

19. Ironman44

Ironman44 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +7
    Fantastic post !!!

20. Remarker

Ratings:
    +0
    For the fun of it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.